On His Behalf

A Breath Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

3:16 p.m. 


Within thirty minutes or so, we ordered our food and ate as we caught up on one another. I talked about school and told them I'm taking a small break from working at the bistro. Lay had gotten a bit sad because supposedly he went there a couple days ago and thought that he'd find me only to be notified by Mino that I wasn't working. I told him that I'll be working next weekend. His face lit up and he looked so adorable. As for them, I asked how they've been doing since graduating high school. Both of them had gotten accepted to Seoul University and had been taking a couple courses this past semester. Suho wanted to major in international business in hopes to travel around the world, while Lay majored in linguistics and business. Since he was native Chinese and spoke Korean, he wanted to do something along the lines of translating for big companies and such. He even told me he was learning English at the moment. I brought up Hye Rin's behavior from the last time we had seen each other at the bistro. They told me not to worry about it, and that they should have been scolded anyway. Suho had said that he gave the boys a very big lecture after that. Honestly, even I think that he acts like a mother to them. I smiled at the thought of imagining Suho trying to ground the rest of the guys. 

I felt full after eating only half of my roll and appetizer. I thought about taking it to go, but I knew I wouldn't eat it so I offered it to the duo in front of me. "Do you guys want to finish my food?" Lay's eyes opened wide as he looked up from his plate.

"Of course I want it!" I slided the plate over and looked at him as he cutely digged into my leftovers. For a thin guy, he sure does eat good. I heard Suho's phone go off on the table. Before he picked it up, I saw the caller id. Chanyeol was calling. 

"Hello? Yeah, I'm at the mall right now. Mmh hmm. Yup. He's with me right now. We're eating." I took a sip of my water as he continued on. "Ok, alright. I'll see you guys later then." he hung up the phone and continued eating. 

"Which one of our kids called?" Lay asked. 

"Yeol, said he wants to go to the movies after we're done." 

"Is everyone going to go?" I looked at them left and right as each of them spoke.

"Well, he said that he couldn't get a hold of Sehun. Told me to try calling him."

"That kid, I swear I thought I was the strange one."

"Did you notice something off about him last night?" Suho asked him.

"Yeah, definitely. He barely talked to us yesterday. Not to mention, Kai said he skipped the pep rally and went somewhere." At this point, I felt like I wanted to hide somewhere in a cave where no one could find me. I felt like I knew too much. The fact that Sehun had skipped Jongin and Chanyeol's football game yesterday was weird, but to find out that he was with me was even more unbelievable. 

"Aish, this kid gets weirder and weirder by the day." Suho sighed. I sat in silence. I wanted to say that Sehun was with me yesterday, but that would blow up out of proportion. I didn't want them to think of us in a certain way so I remained quiet. 

"It looked like he was pissed off. Maybe it was his dad again." Lay added. His dad? What about his dad? Does he not get along with him? Then all of us were quiet. Noticing that I sat there blank faced, they must have felt bad about mentioning Sehun in front of me. They knew me and him didn't go together like two peas in a pod. In all honesty, I didn't care if they talked about him in front of me. Afterall, they are all friends before me anyway so I know it was only natural that he came up in a conversation. I kept thinking about what Lay had just said. Maybe he didn't have a good relationship with his father? 

"Hey...Mi Ran," I looked up from my thoughts being interrupted when Lay spoke up. "we didn't mean to bring Sehun up." both of them looked a bit gloomy. 

"Oh, you're fine. It doesn't matter to me." I told him, but their faces remained the same. After a couple seconds of silence, I spoke again. "Guys, really it's fine. I don't mind it. You're free to talk about him and the others around me. It's not like I don't know them."

"We know, but we also know how you feel about them." Suho replied. 

"Even though it's ok with you, it's not ok with us." Lay said. I had never seen him so serious before. 

"Look, since we're on the topic now, I just want to say that I'm sorry." Suho put his chopsticks down and looked at me with sincerity in his eyes. 

"We're sorry." the dimpled one responded this time. 

"We know very well that you do not deserve to be picked on. Our stupid, idiotic friends, however don't see eye to eye though."

"I know, honestly the bullying thing has kind of stopped so I feel somewhat better." I tried to lift up the atmosphere. 

"But you see, they never should have bullied you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter