Chapter 01. You're Cordially Invited...

Year of the Zodiac: Story of the Rooster

“What do you mean you can’t go?” Heeyoung asked Joong Ki, raising her voice slightly, “You have to go, this is Jaejoong’s wedding, we’re talking about. He’s one of the 12 leaders." 

“I know that.” Joong Ki said, sighing loudly. “I obviously know that. But I really can’t make it. You know that we’ve been planning on going to Japan to check on the company’s progress in that market.”  

“And it happens to be on the day of Jaejoong’s wedding?” Heeyoung asked him. “Like really?”  

“More like we planned the day we were leaving first and his wedding is just there.” Joong Ki replied, “I already have meetings scheduled with people there, we can’t just cancel the trip. You know that if it was something personal then I would cancel it.”  

“Yeah, yeah. Mi Cha loves to dress up, that’s why. I know.” Heeyoung told him. “I just. Why do I have to go in your place? Why can’t Gwang Soo oppa?”  

“He’s going to Japan with us. Besides, you’re my cousin, if anyone is going in my place, it’s my relative.” Joong Ki said to her. 

“And I’m going stag. Because I don’t have a boyfriend in the clan life that’s approved by you or Gwang Soo oppa.” Heeyoung rolled her eyes. “Fine. I’ll do it.” She muttered to herself. 

“Thank you, Heeyoung. You’re the best!” Joong Ki said with a grin. “I really need this trip, because father is saying Japan isn’t doing so well and he’s been getting on my case about it.”  

“Yeah, yeah. You owe me. Now I gotta go look for a dress.” She said sadly, “It’s not even going to be fun." 

Joong Ki smiled, “Wear pink, you know you look the best in pastel pink. And I’m sure you’ll have fun. You always make friends like nothing, Heeyoung, you’re such a social butterfly.” He said. 

“But, you won’t be there and neither will Gwang Soo oppa.” She said quietly, looking down at the ground. She hated being that girl, but she was never comfortable around all of the other clans, especially since all of them would be present for the wedding. 

“Heeyoung, you’ll be fine. If you don’t want to go stag, then take Soojung, she’s new, just initiated this season.” Joong Ki told her. “Or at least take her dress shopping with you.” He waved at the door and a girl with chubby cheeks walked in. She had a bright smile on her face and Heeyoung could already tell she had a bubbly personality. 

“Hi, I’m Soojung.” She said, holding her hand out to Heeyoung. Her voice was just as cute as her face, which was not surprising either. It was expected, especially since if it didn’t match up, Heeyoung wouldn’t believe it. 

“Heeyoung. So you’re new huh?” She commented, looking at her up and down, they could probably get along well. She didn’t seem like she was a crazy girl, and she looked as if she had a strong head on her shoulders. Something everyone needed to keep up with the drama, gossip and emotional roller coasters of being a part of this life. 

“Yes, and I would really like to be your friend." Soojung said, her hand still out. Heeyoung took it, gave it a gentle but firm shake.  

The girl could definitely hold her own in the business aspect, if only it were that simple. "We have to go dress shopping and there's only one place for that." Heeyoung told her. 

"Stephanie's." Soojung answered with a smile on her face, "I didn't mean to eavesdrop but I overheard President Song telling you that you look good in pastel pink, I just saw a dress in the window there yesterday that would be perfect." She said. 

"I don't wear anything long, I'm petite, you know." Heeyoung told her, but her arms were already linked with Soojung and they practically skipped out of the building.  

Soojung led her to her car and let Heeyoung in first. "You can drive?" Heeyoung asked her when Soojung climbed into the driver's seat. 

She nodded, "I have to, I live too far away to commute to work everyday." She explained, they headed towards the dress shop. 

"Who else have you met in the clan? I know you had your initiation so last season initiates the new season." Heeyoung told her. 

Soojung nodded, keeping her eyes on the road, "Yeah I met Jungkook, BamBam and Mingyu from last season. But my friends were also initiated, Mina, Jihyo, and Yuju." She answered.  

"Oh good, so you've met the boys then." Heeyoung said, they had arrived and she climbed out of the car and headed to the front of the shop. She saw the pink dress in the window and smiled. "This is the one isn't it?" She asked Soojung. 

Soojung grinned, "Yup, it's great right? It's short length, but nothing scandalous, tulle fabric, highlights the waist but with a sweetheart neck, it'd be perfect for you." She explained. 

Heeyoung threw her arms around the girl, "Yup, we can be perfect friends." She said, "No wonder Joong Ki oppa recommended you."  

Soojung blushed at the compliment, "Thanks, Heeyoung." She said informally. 

"Yup yup, let's go, I must have it." Heeyoung said, stepping into the store. 

What surprised her was the rascals were there as well. She rolled her eyes at them, rushing past but not before she was caught by a particular one. 

"Heeyoung! Sweetie! What are you doing here? Are you looking for a dress?" He scrambled over to her, the tux he was trying on already a mess from their shenanigans.  

"Yes, Jung Kook. I'm going to Jaejoong oppa's wedding too, you know." She said coolly, doing her best to ignore him. 

He had been chasing her affections for a while now, but he was too much, too sweet, too overbearing. And he was definitely not approved by Joong Ki oppa. 

"Can I help?" He asked earnestly. "There was a long cream colored dress with y cutouts somewhere.." He said, his voice drifting off. 

Heeyoung sighed as he wasn't really going away anytime soon. "I'm good, Jung Kook. I already picked out a dress, and besides, no one wears white at the wedding besides the bride, and I don't look good in long dresses, they make me look shorter." She told him, turning on her heel and heading straight to the counter to order the dress in the window. 

"Oh, okay! Well still let me help! I wanna see the dress you're gonna get!" He shouted after her but BamBam tackled him down again. 

Heeyoung rolled her eyes as Soojung barely evaded their nonsense. "Come along, Soojung, that's how they always are." She said. 

She finally reached the counter and saw a familiar face working. "Hello, Tiff unni." She greeted her. 

"Why, hello darling, I was wondering when you would be coming." Tiffany greeted her warmly. 

"So you've heard the news then?" Heeyoung said, her tone a bit sad. 

"Yes, you know news travels fast, of course, anyway, you want to try it on?" Tiffany asked her, heading to grab the dress in the window. 

Heeyoung looked at her in surprise, "I didn't--" she frowned, "What?" 

Tiffany just giggled at her, "Please, darling, you've been shopping here for years, I've learned your tastes by now. She changed the mannequin and put a baby blue dress on it and handed the dress to Heeyoung on a hanger. "It's your size too."  

"You never cease to amaze me." Heeyoung said, taking the dress and heading to the changing room. 

She easily zipped it up, with experienced hands, and managed to keep her excitement contained. "It's perfect." She said, Tiffany and Soojung reaching for the curtain to see. 

Soojung was all smiles and Tiffany looked proudly, the boys fell to the ground with their mouths open. 

"I'm so glad." Soojung said eagerly, breaking the silence. 

"Now, just to get the accessories and I'm all set." Heeyoung said, "I can have this one right?" She asked Tiffany to make sure it was hers. 

"Of course, I'll put it on your tab." Tiffany answered and she hurried away. 

Heeyoung closed the curtain and changed back so she could get the dress safely home in time for the wedding. She had a week to prepare herself for all the chaos that it would be. 

She pressed her fingers to her temples and shook her head as she remembered Joong Ki oppa's wedding, that had been crazy. 

Especially since not all the leaders attended, and all the drama that came from their representatives, she frowned. She desperately hoped that would not be happening this time. 

But for all she knew, the drama would be something else entirely. She handed the dress to Tiffany who gave it back to her in a black garment bag. "Let's get out of here, Soojung." Heeyoung said. 

"Of course!" She said, following after her. 


Author's Note;;
WOOT MANAGED TO FINISH A CHAPTER. 
LOL. So I saw BAP LIVE ON EARTH SG :) while on my vacay~
so hopefully that's enough, but I'm drowning in MX feels.. :o Lol.
And it WILL be bleeding into her >~> fair warning. :o 
But daehyun is obviously gonna be the winner~ 
ENJOY :D