Behind The Scenes Couple

Behind The Scenes Couple

 

"So Amber. Who's your ideal man?"

It was a question that Amber has no answer to because one: she's not interested in men, and two: because her heart already belonged to Krystal. But how could she say that in live broadcast? It hurted them both, but she has no other choice but to lie.

I'm not interested in men, thank you very much, Amber thought, I'm in a relationship with princess Soojung, who might I say is better than any man I've met so far. Are you satisfied?

Amber groaned. How she wished she could say that on live radio. 

Krystal was leaning on her hand on the table and seemed to be staring off into space, but she looked as exasperated as Amber was at that moment. It hurt them both whenever this question came up because one of them always had to lie and pretend like their love for each other never existed. However, no matter how much it hurted them, they couldn't do anything about it. Their country isn't so open about their kind of relationship and they knew revealing the truth would cost them their career. It would most likely ruin their life as well. Who knows how the media would take it? They had no choice but to hide, and that pissed Krystal to no end. She didn't even know why their group was in that radio show anymore.

"My ideal type is.." Amber looked at Krystal for a split second before turning back to the DJ. "-someone who looks cool and cold at first glance but when they smile or laugh, they look really cute."

Amber wasn't lying, except for the fact that she was talking about a girl, and not a man. And that girl was sitting right next to her.

"He likes music and knows how to play an instrument. He's a good dancer and he's a bit of an athlete. That's my ideal man."

I mean woman, Amber thought. She reached for Krystal's hand under the table and squeezed her hand.

Krystal brushed her hair aside, trying to hide the blush on her face, and lightly pinched Amber's thigh under the table and smiled when she jumped on her seat. She could tell that Amber was talking about her, and it made her heart race in happiness.

She's so sweet, Krystal thought as she secretly inched her seat closer to Amber and held her hand.

She fought the urge to jump from her seat to pull her Llamaber in a hug but that had to wait till after the show.

"So someone who is cute and cool, has musical talent and plays sports.." The DJ commented. "Ah I have someone in mind."

Krystal and Amber froze on their seats.

"Henry."

A cold air passed through the studio.

Excuse me? Henry? Krystal glared at the DJ.

Luna and Victoria awkwardly laughed while they looked at Amber and Krystal.

Here it goes again... They thought in unison.

Krystal fumed in her seat while she shot daggers at the DJ, who remained oblivious to Krystal's death glares.

"It's him, isn't it? You guys are close, right?" The DJ looked was all smiles, like he correctly guessed who Amber was talking about, and it only pissed Krystal even more.

Like hell. Seriously, Henry? She was obviously talking about me. And seriously, I'm a million times more suited for Amber than him. Krystal fumed in her seat.

Amber winced when she felt Krystal's grip on her hand tighten, making her look at her girlfriend. She saw a dark glint in Krystal's icy glare that was directed straight towards the DJ. Amber knew how possessive Krystal could get and she wanted nothing more than to whisper sweet nothings to her and wipe that icy glare off her face, but she couldn't. Not in front of the camera.

All she could do was take Krystal's hand.

Amber sighed at their predicament, 

"No no, Henry is like a brother to me."

"Then what's that blush on your face?" He snickered.

Amber's face was flushed because she could suddenly feel Krystal's icy stare on her.

"Hey, how about we call Henry right now?"

Just when it couldn't get any worse, the DJ dropped the bomb on them. Amber, Victoria, and Luna cowered in their seats when Krystal's mood suddenly turned even colder.

Krystal held her frustration in. She wasn't frustrated at anyone in particular. Not Henry or Amber. She was partly annoyed at the DJ but she was more frustrated about their inability to tell the truth. They were basically under the authrority of their company and the media. One slip-up and their image would be ruined, which would result in them losing their position as a member of f(x).

Amber felt the same way. It made her hurt even worse when she sees the pained expression on Krystal's face.

But she had no choice but to go along with the show despite her strong urges to soothe her girlfriend.

Amber fished her phone out of her pocket and dialed Henry's number. While the phone was ringing, she hoped that Henry was busy and won't pick up the phone, but that crashed when she heard Henry's voice over the phone.

"Sup Amber?"

"Sup" Amber cleared . "So um.. this DJ thinks that you're my ideal type. Isn't that hilarious?"

"Pffft. Like I could ever get in between you and K--"

"Keroro!" Amber cut him off and awkwardly laughed. "That's true. Keroro is more precious to me."

Henry sensed the awkwardness in Amber's voice and figured they were on a live show. He mentally slapped himself for almost revealing Amber and Krystal's relationship to the public.

Soojung-ah must be really mad right now Henry thought to himself.

"Well I have to go now Henry."

"Good luck Amber"

Good luck with Soojung Henry snickered after the call dropped.

"He's really just a brother to me." Amber said to the DJ, who finally decided to drop the subject.

The rest of the show went on with Amber and Krystal being unusually quiet. Luna and Victoria had to fill in the silence for them, knowing full well that the two lovebirds were in a tight position. They weren't in the mood anymore to contribute to the show. Thankfully, it didn't take long before the show ended.

"Thanks for coming to the show. Make sure to come join me again!" The DJ stood up to shake their hands while they made their way out the studio.

Of course, Krystal made sure to take out her anger on the DJ before leaving. Krystal faced the DJ, who was offering to shake her hand, but instead of shaking hands, Krystal decided to "accidentally" step on his foot. He fell back on his chair, rubbing his foot in pain.

"Sorry. You were in the way." Krystal shot an icy glare at the wincing DJ, who watched her back in confusion as she left the room.

Annoying.. This is all so annoying. Krystal fumed as she closed the studio's doors behind her. Why do we have to hide? I'm fed up with close-minded people and being under the authority of SM. We're not even doing anything wrong.

Amber leaned against their van, waiting for her girlfriend. When she saw her girlfriend with a sad expression on her face, she ran up to her and pulled Krystal in a tight hug. It felt good to finally feel Krystal's body against her after having to keep herself from doing so during the whole show. However, Krystal didn't hug her back and Amber felt her body shivering. Amber looked at Krystal's face in worry.

"Soojung-ah..."

Krystal was looking at her with teary eyes and a pained expression on her face. Amber's heart tightened and felt her own tears coming out after seeing her girlfriend, who usually looked so calm and confident, looking so weak and fragile.

"I don't get it, Amber. I don't understand why we have to hide everything. It hurts having to lie and pretend like we don't exist. That this thing between us doesn't exist."

Krystal's tears rolled down her face as she let out the feelings that she's been holding in. 

Seeing the tears on Krystal's face, Amber unconsciously pressed their lips together, doing the first thing that came to mind to calm Krystal. Krystal's tensed up at first, but eventually returned the kiss, revelling in Amber's comfortable warmth. Krystal could feel Amber's love in the way she kissed her, and it calmed her down. Amber pulled away and stared deep in her eyes while wiping her tears away.

"It hurts but I think this pain that we're feeling is evidence that our love for each other does exist." Amber let out a hoarse laugh. "It's bittersweet, isn't it?" 

Amber choked back her own tears that were starting to come out.

At Amber's words, Krystal's worries immediately dissipated. Krystal never thought of it in the way, and she found herself crying again, touched by Amber's words.

"Hey why are you crying again?" Amber started wiping Krystal's face again.

"You're crying too, stupid." Krystal laughed and hugged Amber. "I love you."

"I love you too, Soojung-ah."

They looked at each other with love through their tears and smiled. 

"Being a behind the scenes couple isn't so bad."


Rawrr thanks for reading this far! If someone felt out of character, do tell me. I'm trying to improve on that... LOL

Anyways, sankyuuu!

Hail Kryber :DDD