Take you there

Heal you

I remember (even if my morning mind was not ready to think) that I woke up for a couple of seconds as I felt Daehyun move next to me. He was waking up already but I didn't feel like facing a new day that early. Which means, I went back to sleep. I was sleeping all by myself in that dark basement, with only a TV giving me light. I've seen a couple of horror movies with TV's and cold places and they were still haunting me.

After I slept for like one more hour or maybe half of an hour? (I had no notion of the time there) I woke up and noticed that I was alone but Daehyun had already made my morning when I saw that his blanket was on me. He couldn't see me so it was about time I acted cheesy. Yep, so I hugged the blanket. While smilling. I was a very happy morning person that day, you could say. But reality soon hit me and I had school... or I thought I had. 

I ran up the stairs, searching for Daehyun (what took me not too long because he heard my steps, probably) and he came from the kitchen to greet me. 

"Good morning, sleepyhead." He said, smirking. I'd wake up in the best mood ever if this always happened. Boy, didn't it feel good? 

"Good morning? We have school...you should've woke me up..." Pretending I was grumpy with my very good acting, I rushed to our room. Yes, our room, where we had our bed. Because we couldn't afford anything bigger than a little house with a basement, one room, kitchen and one bathroom. He didn't mind because we were friends enough to have this kind of close thing. To comfort myself, I'd say that from all those chicks he dated, I was the real winner here. 

I heard him laughing behind me. 

"Jae, it's Saturday!" It was good to see that he was better than yesterday. It's still kind of hard to believe that he cried like a little baby for me. I felt bad.... but it was kind of funny? Gosh, I'm terrible.

Wait.

It was weekend? 

I had forgotten my phone in the basement, I guess (I dont remember seeing it there though) but I checked the time on our clock alarm, that was on our bedside table. It was digital and it could be read "SAT 11:58". It wasn't as soon as I thought it was but I felt relieved anyway.

"We can go lunch out today." He was standing on our rooms entrance. His eyes were still puffy but his face looked fresher today. It was just his third day of the breakup. Probably late at night he'd cry again. Or if he saw her somewhere. It was dangerous to hangout in the city if he had dated almost half of it (not that I was jealous, okay. I'm not jealous). "Come on, get dressed. I'll pay." 

I nodded, showing a little smile. Glancing at him, I noticed he was already dressed with some light blue jeans that had holes and a T-shirt that looked really good on him (a.k.a He looked fine as hell). Well, time for myself to get fancy. 

He sat on a edge of the bed when I moved towards the closet. We had separate closets so our clothing would be better organized, even if he lent me some clothing because my fashion sense was terrible. "You won't ever get laid if you wear that , Youngjae." Words of a close friend (that isn't Daehyun). I literally looked like a nerd potato next to my friend who was /almost/ always dating someone, he was hot and a good moodmaker
I was looking through some of my clothing and choose the most comfortable thing I thought that was ok in fashion. A light pink sweater and light blue jeans. I knew how gay i was going to look, but a confident gay. 

I sensed him looking away from me as I put my choosen outfit on the bed, trying hard not to laugh.

"What is it?" 

"Your hair looks very messy, you know..." 

I clicked my tongue. "You should've seen yours yesterday..." I said in a defensive tone. Saw him smirking from the corner of my eye while I checked again my outfit. 

"I was a big mess yesterday..." 

"A mess? You were super clingy..." I tried to sound like I wasn't complaining but... saying a fact. He looked at me, with a confused look on his face.
"...was I? How clingy?" 

Was he testing me? Did he really now remember? What was he doing? I smilled as I took my towels out from a drawer. I needed to be looking and feeling fresh for the day. 

"Nevermind..." 

"Did I call my ex?" He stood up very suddendly and moved towards me, grabbing my shoulders, looking me right in he eyes. "Oh, I did call my ex, didn't I?"

"You don't remember anything?" A frown could probably be seen from under my bangs and I was trying to ignore his hands gripping on my shoulders (which it didn't make me feel weak as in "Oooh im so afraid, hes so rough!" but more like... I'd trip over him anytime soon). His face became blank.

"D-d-did I-"

"You didn't, dork." Interrupted him because he was asking for it. If he heard me until the end, he'd know better. "You just...clinged onto me..." I tried so hard not to have flashbacks and laugh in his face, it'd be so bad if it happened. (P.S.:i enjoyed it a lot anyway but if I did that, Id cringe)

"O-Oh..." I felt his hands sliding off my shoulders. "So, I'll wait for you while you take a shower and... get ready and stuff..." I stared at him, who was acting awkward and rushing out of the room. Before moving to the bathroom I grabbed my towels. I'd almost always forget them and then I'd have to ask Daehyun to get them for me. Even if I've been kind of in front of him, I'd still feel uncomfortable. My body wasn't as well built as his, I still felt insecure about it. 

                                ~~~~*~~~~

 We passed by in front of stores with very nice clothing. Like, real fashion clothing, but I didn't even mind to look at the price tags. Instead, I was trying to check me out with the light fast reflection on the big glasses that hid behind them those clothes. Daehyun was next to me, It was enjoyable to hang out with him under a such beautiful blue cloudy sky. I'd sometimes grab his arm, it was an habit and I guess he didn't mind. I dont know, it'd make me feel safer. 

"We should visit Busan someday, what you think?" He didn't have his big smile like he /normally/ did, but there was a smirk on his big lips. 

I nodded, of course. Why not visit his hometown? I rarely went there and I'd love to wonder around somewhat more. Also, because I'd even go to hell with him, literally. Wherever he went, I'd go too (except for those times when he was dating). We were such great friends.

"You look really good today~" I tried to keep my voice low as I complimented him, but still made sure he listened to it. Compliments were good to keep his self steem after breakups. And it'd give him a good imrpression of him. "Oh, he's so nice and caring, he'd make a great boyfriend", I bet he though that. (Maybe not). 

His smirk became a smile, with his cute eye smile and mole and his hair that was being brushed by the breeze coming in our direction as we walked down the street. He was so perfect it made me gay. Well, it made me realise how gay I was. 

I was also very clumsy. The clumsiest living being in that town. So ing clumsy. I tripped on a rock that was in the way but, fortunately (thanks to all the gods that had blessed my everyday with Mr.Heartbroken-but-still-flawless) Daehyun caught me with his arms, all worried and etc, gently helping me stand on my feet again. How much of a drama scene was that? I could hear the romantic soundtrack playing in the background ad cherry blossom petals softly falling over us as my shining eyes met his. I made me feel lame (I probably looked like trash)

 "Damn, Jaejae, be more careful." 

"It's okay, I'm used to this." I laughed it off. I saw him slightly shaking his head, the smirk still there as if he was saying I'm so done with you, Youngjae. We kept going and soon we were at our destination. A sushi restaurant. Even if I was more of a meat person, sushi sounded really good too (as long as Daehyun is with me).

We were sat down and had already ordered. He was rubbing his hands against each other while looking at me, pressing his lips into a line. Unconsciously, I bit my lip. It was too late to go back now that he saw that. I must've looked ridiculous. 

"You look cute in that sweater."

Holy mother of god, he was ruining me. I could feel my cheeks heating up and this feeling inside of me (butterflies in my stomach? Why does this expression sound so weird to me?). His warm voice, his little smile on that handsome face, his hair was still looking so good even with all the wind, it made me feel insecure about mine (which would look like I just woke up). I attempted to feel on my head if something was wrong and fixing it with my hand as I shyly smilled at Daehyun (I wasn't trying to be cute, I was already cute).

"Thank you~"

He had finally noticed me. Yes. Being more aware of his presence, it suddendly hit me.

Was it a date? A sushi date? Could I call it that? I should probably stop worrying about this kind of details and keep internally screaming as I digested the compliment yet.


Hello!!
This one is the longest chapter I've ever written (I already have other fanfics but not here) and they usually have 1000-1200 words but this one has like 1500+????? 
I wrote a part of this in the morning going to school yesterday and I had already 700+ words, woah. (I wasn't sure of when to stop as well)
It's also my first fanfic where I speak in the first person. Maybe because I give more information and show more emotions, I end up writing more. 
I'm not native in english, only fluent, bear with me.
Thank you guys for the support and comments on the last chapter!! I'll try to write as much as I can in Spring Breaks! See ya!

 

(Changed the fanfic title from "Late Night Regrets" to "Heal you")