4. Hostage

Re: Blindlessly In Love

Words: 3,530


Baekhyun still has a lot of questions. He was happy that Chanyeol wanted to date but as for why Chanyeol wanted to date him, Baekhyun still wonders why. Given the circumstances, Chanyeol had so many options - better options than a blind person who could somewhat sing. Chanyeol could have had a normal life, but the reason why he choose to throw that life away is something that Baekhyun has yet to find out.

Somes time Chanyeol could see what Baekhyun was thinking and he reassures that smaller with sweet genuine words. Chanyeol wasn’t flirting or just cheering Baekhyun up. He was speaking the truth when he said he loves Baekhyun because he was an angel, that he was utterly handsome, that he was talented and that he was his savior. Chanyeol just didn’t know how much of that would Baekhyun take in seriously.

They didn’t dwell too much on it though. They spent the last three days in Japan as if it was their honeymoon and when they come back to Korea, Baekhyun officially introduces Chanyeol to his parents as his boyfriend. Needless to say, Mrs.Byun was ecstatic. Chanyeol was allowed to spend the night at Baekhyun’s house and the rest was history.

 

 


Nearing 4 months of dating, a lot of things have changed for the two.

One thing for sure is that Baekhyun’s circle of friends has enlarged as he visits Chanyeol very often at his school. Baekhyun became very close to Kyungsoo, Chanyeol’s vice present and they spend a lot of time together while Chanyeol finishes up his work. This routine has come to be because Baekhyun could long deal with the fact that he can only see Chanyeol for three days a week. Chanyeol was skeptical at first fearing that Baekhyun might get bored but it works out well now that he has Kyungsoo.

Another thing that has changed drastically since then is skinship. They were very comfortable with each other before, but ever since they become lovers, they were constantly touching each other as a sign of affection. Baekhyun benefits the most from this because he gets to be reassured that Chanyeol is always there with him. He especially likes when Chanyeol touches his neck and ears. It's somehow comforting feeling his sensitive spot being caress so lovingly.

Baekhyun laughs, “Chanyeol, that tickles.”

The taller kisses Baekhyun’s shoulder and neck as he was hugging Baekhyun from behind as they are in front of a stage in a school festival. Chanyeol was being possessive again and Baekhyun likes how his body is being warmed up from Chanyeol’s arms.

“Did I ever tell you how much I love your neck?”

“All the time Yoellie.” Baekhyun giggles as he holds onto Chanyeol’s arms.

“I still don’t think I told you enough though.” Chanyeol kisses his lover again and again until the latter can’t stand it anymore and push himself away.

“You can’t run away from me Baekhyun.” Chanyeol pretends to growl and step forward while Baekhyun steps back, little by little, hoping not to hit anyone.

“I caught you—you- you—bunny.” Chanyeol launches forward and takes Baekhyun into his arms where he lifted the latter up and twirls him in rounds.

Baekhyun laughs wholeheartedly, almost crying from how content and blissful he is during these precious moments. It is during times like this that he wishes it could last forever. Everything just seems so perfect, so surreal that he hopes they aren’t just dreaming that he hasn’t woken up yet.

He never knew loving someone could make him so happy, strong, and weak at the same time. Loves make him confident and it makes him want to do all sorts of things to make his partner happy and at the same time, he feels so weak under Chanyeol’s touch and affections. He could break so easily if Chanyeol will him to and he could give up on life if ever chooses to leave him.

He sounds so dramatic, but it's truly how he feels. His love for Chanyeol is so strong that he is now determined to get a transplant if the best for both of them. He is blindlessly in love and so values and ethics be damn.

He wants to see Chanyeol.

He wants to love Chanyeol wholeheartedly.

He wants to support Chanyeol in whatever ways he can and that means he can’t be blind. He can’t be useless if he wants Chanyeol to be happy.

“What are you thinking about.” They were just there, hugging each other and the silence made Chanyeol wonders what is Baekhyun thinking about that is making him stare that blankly.

Baekhyun didn’t say anything but he had his hands shaping Chanyeol’s cheeks and face.

“You love touching my face don’t you?” Chanyeol cups Baekhyun’s hands while his thumb caresses Baekhyun’s hand.

“It’s the only way I know to see you.” A smile adorns Baekhyun’s lips but the words are spoken with underlining sadness. Chanyeol knew that eye transplants were something Baekhyun has been stressing himself over for the last few weeks. And it's not like he uses for someone else to die for Baekhyun’s sake but if he has to choose. He would choose Baekhyun over anyone else.

“What if I’m ugly.” Chanyeol jokes to lighten up the mood,

“You’re not ugly. You’ll never be ugly because I’ll only be looking at your heart Chanyeol. The one that chooses to love me despite my disability.”

“You didn’t disable just because though.” Chanyeol reminded. “You saved someone’s life. You were a hero.”

“Yeah but—”

Chanyeol silent Baekhyun with a kiss,

“That’s—”

Chanyeol kissed Baekhyun again with every attempt to stop the latter from spouting nonsense.

“It's just—”

And again. Almost like Baekhyun is doing it on purpose.

“Okay—”

Surely Baekhyun had giving up, giggling adorably when he kept being kissed but Chanyeol continued nevertheless- just because.

“Chan—” this time, Baekhyun covers Chanyeol’s lips with his hand and ‘tsk’ his way playfully. “such a naughty boy.”

“Naughty for you I am.” Baekhyun could hear his boyfriend’s smirk. Giving up, he leans in for another kiss, this time, being a lot more passionate as their lips move against each other and their tempo, ever so soft, gentle, and slow.

Through his eyes, Baekhyun can see nothing but darkness, but he knows whenever he’s with Chanyeol, he could see the sparks and the colors blooming inside his heart. Ever since he’d gone blind, these were the most beautiful colors he had since in his life.

“You know—” Chanyeol parted but their body stayed glued to each other and their stares as if they are looking at each other's souls. “We’ve never talked about it but eventually, I would want to have with you.”

Baekhyun gasped, “Chanyeol! We are in public!”

“But we’re in the moment,” Chanyeol smirks on again and Baekhyun had to push himself away because he blowing steam and painted red. It's something he thought about before, but having been a , it was an embarrassing topic to talk about.

“Stupid Chanyeol!” Baekhyun waddle away with his wand searching the pavement. “You will not be staying over today!” If Baekhyun could see, he would probably run like an idiot but because he is blind, all he could do was cursed and avoid talking as a punishment for the latter.

 

 


Baekhyun is now in his first year of college while Chanyeol is graduating at the age of 22. They’re only 3 years apart but Baekhyun feels like he’s five years behind. Chanyeol’s life is pretty much set as he’s already a CEO of his own start-up and he’s graduating because his parents want him to. He, on the other hand, doesn’t know what he should do for the rest of his life. He can’t be leeching off of his parents for the rest of his life even if they let him so he’s now struggling with what to do for college. He doesn’t even know if he should attend college. It all just seems like a waste of time and money.

Anyway, Chanyeol is graduating next week and Baekhyun doesn’t know what to give him. Apparently, Chanyeol will be graduating with honors with all sorts of accomplishments and Baekhyun is not jealous but he is! If he wasn't blind, he would have done good in school too. Back in the days, he was always top 10 of his school and the reason why he graduated in time for high school was because he learns really fast and remembers really well.

Flowers are nice but he can do the money necklace too.

Baekhyun ponders about it and he thought Kyungsoo or Sehun could probably help. Those two won’t be graduating yet and that’s a plus because he wouldn’t know who to sit with if everyone decided to graduate.

That being said, that was how the three of them met up to do all of the money necklaces for all of the people who are graduating.

 

 


On the day of graduation, Chanyeol couldn’t pick him up because of the preparation so Kyungsoo and Sehun picked him up instead. It works out better that way and they had four money necklaces for each of the graduates, Chanyeol, Lay, Luhan, and Suho.

The venue was in a really big auditorium and they were able to sit close to the graduate’s seats. Kyungsoo had to hold his head, facing the direction where Chanyeol and the others were so he could wave at them. He can’t see them but he did hear Chanyeol shouting “I’m right here.” The act truly made him happy.

The ceremony started and Kyungsoo narrate almost everything for him.

“It’s time Baekhyun. They’re going to get their degree now!.”

Feeling just as excited, he moved to the verge of his seat, hoping he could feel more of the venue and wave when it's Chanyeol’s turn.

They were calling names after names. Suho and Lay hyung was called and Chanyeol is probably next. He was so patient and impatient at the same time. He was going to scream the loudest and the proudest. Kyungsoo was telling him how many people are left before it was Chanyeol’s turn and his hands are balled into a fist as he was going to shoot it up celebrating the fact that Chanyeol is finally graduating. But before Chanyeol’s name was even called a loud explosion was heard, followed by screams and sounds of chains clanking against each other.

Baekhyun yelp in surprise and immediately felt Sehun and Kyungsoo pulling him towards the floor before tower over him.

More sounds, similar to the sound of guns erupted near the entrance of the venue and Baekhyun could hear his heart racing as he realized the situation he was in.

“Kyungsoo—”

“It’s okay Baekhyun. I’m sure they just want to take us as hostages. As long as their demand is fulfilled, we’ll be free.” Kyungsoo explained but the shakiness in his voice couldn’t convince Baekhyun completely.

“What about Chanyeol and the others.” Just as Baekhyun ask, his phone rang and the familiar tone being Chanyeol’s.

“Chanyeol, are you okay?” Baekhyun answered immediately.

“Baekhyun, listen. No matter what happens, you need to stay with Kyungsoo and Sehun. No matter what happens from now on, stay hidden and never reveal yourself. Do not be a hero this time.”

Chanyeol sounded so urgent, so afraid and Baekhyun could understand that it was more than just Chanyeol telling him to stay safe.

“I didn’t mean to hide it from you Baekhyun but I promise I’ll explain everything once this is over. Just please—” Chanyeol signs shakily, “please stay safe no matter what.”

“What are you talking about Chanyeol? I—”

Baekhyun didn’t get the chance to ask when Kyungsoo takes his phone away from him.

“We’ll keep him safe. Just do your things Chanyeol.”

Kyungsoo sounded more aware and something about that didn’t sit well with Baekhyun. What are they hiding from him?

More sounds of guns firing made him subconsciously cower into Sehun for protection. There are so many questions that run inside his head but the most important one is, “is Chanyeol safe?”

“Where is Chanyeol?” Baekhyun asks, “Are he and everyone safe?”

“Yes. Don’t worry.”

How can he not worry? They are taken hostage for god sake and guns are threatening them.

Suddenly he hears the microphone being adjusted and a high pitch sound that echoes before everything comes to silence.

“Park Chanyeol.” The man spoke with much menace and immediately Baekhyun’s heart dropped.

“I hope you got the chance to get your degree because that was your last chance.”

What do they want from Chanyeol? Why Chanyeol?

“I know you and your little lover are here and if you don’t show yourself and come with us, we’ll take your little munchkin instead.”

If Baekhyun was scared before, Baekhyun is terrified now. What do they want? How did know about them? Chanyeol, what is going on?

Sehun and Kyungsoo did their best hiding Baekhyun when they saw men started searching the venue. Finding Baekhyun should have been hard, especially in a crowd where everyone is huddling with each other cowering in fear. But it didn’t take them very long before someone shout out “found him” and proceed in Baekhyun’s direction.

Baekhyun’s blood run cold the moment the announcement was made.

Found him? Who? Chanyeol or him?

Baekhyun didn’t have to guess very long when Sehun cover more of him as footsteps come closer.

“Move.”

“This isn’t who you are looking for.” Sehun tried, “This isn’t Chanyeol’s lover.”

“Do you think I’m stupid?” The man scoff, “He’s ing blind. That says everything.”

“It’s just a coincidence.” Sehun tried again, “I promise you, its—”

Before Sehun couldn't continue, the man uses the end of his gun to hit Sehun across his head.

Baekhyun hears Sehun groan before feeling the latter’s body feel on him. Baekhyun hitched at the violence and at the state Sehun was in. Tears flooded his face and he could do nothing but hug Sehun tightly against his chest.

This wasn’t how he envision graduation would be. He didn’t want anyone to get hurt, especially not because of him.

“Come here.” The man pulls Sehun away and Baekhyun’s hand linger onto the latter’s thin sweater. Sehun is most likely unconscious and for him to be thrown so carelessly, Baekhyun’s heart shattered.

In seconds, Baekhyun felt his arms being pulled harshly and groan in pain at how hard the man was gripping him.

“Baekhyun, just listen to him. Do whatever he tells you to and you’ll be safe. Believe in Chanyeol.” Kyungsoo begged and held onto Baekhyun’s fingers but it wasn’t long before the man pulled Baekhyun away.

“Stay still or you’ll be dead.” The threat was for Kyungsoo and Baekhyun knew because he could hear the latter standing up and trying to follow him.

“And so the little lamb is caught.” The man on the stage said viciously, “Park Chanyeol, is your life more precious, or are you going to be his prince charming.”

At the taunt, a small fire flares inside Baekhyun's chest. He was still scared less but that didn’t mean he would let them hurt Chanyeol. Perhaps this was why Chanyeol told him not to be a hero, but how could he stay still when the person he loves is in danger because of him.

He panicked, fighting against all logic and his own blindness. But he had to be courageous. He saved a complete stranger before so there was no reason not to save Chanyeol. He would be a hero again and again if Chanyeol is the one in danger.

With all of his might, Baekhyun screamed, “Don’t come out! Please stay safe!”

“Argh!” Baekhyun winced painfully when he felt his hair being pulled back. Even if he looks like a scary cat with tears smudging his face, he would be courageous just for Chanyeol.

“I-I’m okay—Ugh—So p-please—” Baekhyun cried, begging for Chanyeol to just stay hidden as the grip in his hair tightens.

 

 


Chanyeol, on the other hand, paled the moment they spotted Baekhyun. It was as if they have a spy somewhere that could tell these men exactly where Baekhyun is.

Chanyeol was on the verge of jumping on his feet when they pulled Baekhyun out of his spot. He could see Baekhyun tripping and panicking as he gets pulled and if he had a gun in his hand, he wouldn’t hesitate to kill the manhandling Baekhyun right now,

Chanyeol knew his chain was cut loosed when Baekhyun’s hair was pulled back. He knew better than to reveal himself. He knew that in the worst scenario, they would take Baekhyun as a hostage and he would follow suit to rescue the latter. But they are hurting and imprinting trauma and pain onto Baekhyun when the latter. already had enough of that when he lost his sight.

Chanyeol knew better, but he couldn’t help stand up and raise his hands, surrounding the situation.

“Ah, there you are.” The man snicker and Chanyeol growl in frustration.

“Let. Him. Go.” Chanyeol grinds his teeth, practically barring his fang from anger.

“You’re not the one to make demands, are you?” The man then looks towards Baekhyun. “Bring them.”

Chanyeol walked toward the stage with his eyes never leaving Baekhyun. The man is walking too fast and Baekhyun can barely find his footing down the stairs. Chanyeol was just about to tell the man on the stage to treat Baekhyun better he hears a series of thud and a moan of pain.

Baekhyun was on the floor and holding onto his feet in pain.

“—” Chanyeol leaps forward but he could barely get two steps when a gun was pointed at his head.

“One more step and your head will blow.”

“He’s ing blind for god sake.”

“Not my problem is it? That was on you remember?” Chanyeol bites his teeth in anger and guilt, “it was so romantic you guys came to be but did you tell him what happened?”

Chanyeol knew they were just taunting him, but he couldn’t help but feel hopeless and at fault for everything that happened until this moment.

“I-I’m okay.”

He hears a small reassurance and it hurts him tenfold at how Baekhyun would still worry about him despite the situation. And Baekhyun doesn’t even know half of what is happening or why this happening. Chanyeol owes Baekhyun more than just an explanation.

Now Baekhyun is limping towards the stage and even so, they pushed him to go faster. Chanyeol swears they will all pay for this. He would put more than just one bullet in their head.

Those agonizing five minutes were spent as they walk the blind male make his way to the stage. With Baekhyun on the left and Chanyeol on the side and guns pointed to their head, everyone watches as the lovers be tortured by the distance in between them that is too close yet too far.

Chanyeol fidget nervously, racking up millions of plans in his head to get Baekhyun out of this place. He had man everywhere in the auditorium and he could have easily gotten everything under control. But they found Baekhyun too fast and he couldn’t risk a shoot-out considering they have so many close ones in the auditorium. Chanyeol was hoping to damage the least he can, but now that it has come to this, he just need one chance—one second where he could run to Baekhyun and protect him from all of the bullets that Kris and his men will plant in all of the terrorists.

“What do you want?” Chanyeol asked as he controls himself from exploding.

“You know what we want Chanyeol. We want your life. To be more exact, we want your whole family gone.”

“W-What?” Baekhyun asked shakily. “Why? W-What did he do?”

And Baekhyun wouldn’t know this but the man was looking at Chanyeol with his jaw apart and in disbelief.

“You haven’t told him?”

“Don’t you dare?” Chanyeol warned but his heartbeat was anxiously like a rat caught In a cage.

“Tell me what?”

“Baekhyun, I—”

“Dear—” The man interrupted and he walks towards Baekhyun to which Chanyeol took a step and felt a gun pressing against his head.

A hand grip his chin and pulled him up disruptively to which he could smell a horrible stench coming from above. He crunches his nose and tried to push himself away, but he was an inch apart when the man grab his shirt and pull him closer again.

“Let me see those eyes. Those dull, lifeless eyes.”

Like a knife stabbed into his chest, he was reminded of how ugly his eyes truly are. Only Chanyeol ever said his eyes are beautiful, but what if that was a lie—a “nice” lie that Chanyeol utter just to make him happy.

“Did you know? That boy over there, Park Chanyeol. He is a son of a mafia boss and he’s the one who took away your eyes.”

And if Chanyeol being the son of a mafia boss is surprising, then Baekhyun doesn’t know what to feel for the rest of that sentence.

 


-tbc-