2. Getting Closer

Sweet Torture

 It's already 1am but Jihoon cant sleep. Everything that happened earlier keeps on playing on his mind. He decided to sit up, grabbing his book to continue his latest composition. It doesnt have a title yet but the lyrics are almost complete, he's been writing this song the day he got admitted to the hospital. The lyrics reminded him of his first love, his first love that made him cold to everyone around him, the first love that he cant forget, the first love that teaches him to wait even if it takes a hundred years.

"You're still up?", he heard someone behind him spoke. He knew that it was Seungcheol so he tried to ignore him but the latter decided to sit beside him.

"Are you feeling better now? Are you hungry?", Seungcheol asked as he looks at Jihoon.

"Can you please get off my bed, i need to rest now", Jihoon spoke lowly before pushing Seungcheol off the bed.

"Okay then, sleep now okay? Tomorrow's a better day." Seungcheol said before leaving Jihoon. The latter then drifts off to sleep.

------

Birds chirping can be heard throughout the room as the sun rises. It's already 8am but Jihoon is still sleeping, that made Seungcheol look over to the other side. He wanted to check on Jihoon but he noticed how Jihoon's been distant to him. He checked over his boyfriend who just came back from a morning check up.

"What did the doctor said?", Seungcheol asked as he help Jeonghan sit on his bed. He sitted beside Jeonghan curiously wanting to know what's the result.

"I need to say for few more days, but the doctor said i'm getting better", he responded while he fixes his bed sheet. Seungcheol nods and decided to play some songs since he knew that Jihoon loves composing so it's not a problem to listen to music on loudspeaker.

The whole room seems awkward that made Jeonghan look over Jihoon's bed. Noticing that the latter is already awake and is already holding his book, he tried to start a conversation.

"Hello, how long have you been staying here?", Jeonghan asked ruffling Seungcheol's hair. Seungcheol cant help but get curious as well. Both of them are waiting for Jihoon's response.

"Been staying for a week already", Jihoon answered coldy as he writes something on his notebook. Jeonghan nodded in response, he didnt bother to ask anything anymore since Jihoon sounded like he's in a bad mood.

"Jihoon-ah!", a middle-aged woman barged in holding a basket full of fruits. Jihoon shrugged as he saw his mom. He's been distant to his mom eversince they knew about his disease. He's been forced to undergo operation at first believing that he'll be okay after, but now that it came back, Jihoon dont want to take the operation again.

"Why did you come?", Jihoon spoke coldly as he adjusted himself to sit. He doesnt bother to look at his mom's face.

"Here's some fruits, you should eat healthy foods okay? Sorry if i havent visited you, i've been busy with alot of things", her mom said as she places the basket on the cabinet, grabbing the apple, he walks to the faucet to wash it and gives it to Jihoon.

"Oh you have a roommate, hello!", Jihoon's mom greeted before getting some of the fruits she bring and hands it to Jeonghan who is smiling, the latter then thanked Jihoon's mom.

"Mom, if you dont need aynthing you can leave already. I'm okay even if im alone here", he said disgustingly as he stares at his bed sheet. Whenever he sees his mom, he cant help but remember how he got forced to take operation.

"I'll just clean and i'll go okay?", his mom's soft voice can be heard inside the room. Jihoon who feel irritated stands up and goes out of the room.

On the other side, Seungcheol and Jeonghan is having a random conversation trying to ignore Jihoon and his mom. They can feel the tension between Jihoon and his mom.

----

"Sorry, i didnt mean to hurt you. I know how you feel. I know that it's a burden to have that kind of disease. I want you to know that i'm here for you. I know im not in place to say this to you, but i feel so attached to you already. I feel like you really need someone like me. I've know you for only a day but i wanted to help you", Seungcheol said biting his lips to stop himself from crying. He was surprised to see the younger boy crying because of him, he feel like it's his fault.

Jihoon pushed Seungcheol lightly before wiping his now already reddish eyes and nose. He keeps his head down as he continue to wipe his eyes.

"Look how ugly you are when you cry. Dont cry anymore from now on okay?, Seungcheol teased, wiping Jihoon's eyes with both of his thumb, Jihoon smiled lightly in response.

"Let's go, you need to rest already", Seungcheol holds Jihoon's hand and both of them walked back to the room.

-----

The land heats up and daisies peep through the pea-green grass. Buds begin to flower on the trees, adding a splash of colour. Different types of flower starts to bloom. Jihoon who loves the smell and the color of the flowers squats down to look at them prettily, the kind of ambiance this garden gives off is the type to inspire Jihoon more on composing. They are relaxing to his eyes and it makes him realize that there are still beautiful things in life.

"Why are you so cold to your mom?", startled Jihoon almost fall on his face on the ground, good thing is that the guy who owns the voice catched him from falling.

It turned out to be Seungcheol. Jihoon rolls his eyes before standing up, trying to wipe the dirt on his cloth.

"Can you atleast be more considerate? I almost died", the younger boy looks at Seungcheol like he wants to kill the taller boy. Seungcheol laughs as he saw how Jihoon's face started getting red.

"Are you okay?, Seungcheol asked seeing Jihoon started panicking and looking away from him.

"Y-yes i am. Ya! Leave me alone okay?", seeing the taller boy laughs makes his heart flutter, he feels like butterflies are dominating his stomach. He looks away to divert his attention but Seungcheol stares at him.

Seungcheol placed his hand on Jihoon's forehead to check if he's sick or what. After realizing that the younger boy dont have a fever, he pinches his cheeks and smiled widely.

"Why are you so cute?", Seungcheol said as he continue to pinch the smaller boy's cheeks.

 

------

Hello everyone ~

I feel like this chapter is a bit boring. Sorry about that, im suffering from writer's block again.

Anyway thank you for reading this story~ It's great to see your comments, it gives me energy to write~

Take care everyone~