1. The accidental meeting

Sweet Torture

"If you'll consider the operation again, we can reduce your cancer cells and the pain can be reduce as well. But if not, i dont know until when-"

"Until when im gonna live? I had operation last year but what happened? I'm here infront of you again. So you mean im gonna go back here yearly? That's just too absurd!"

Jihoon, a 18 years old boy, a composer, not actually a professional but composing is his passion. He even sell some of his composition to the famous artists and it made it to top charts. He tried applying to become a singer as well but he found out that he have a cancer. Starting that day, he promised to himself that he shouldnt stop composing even if he's sick or in pain. He became too dedicated to his passion. He stays until late night just to compose more songs or check if his song is good enough to make other people feel the real emotions that the song is saying. He even ignored his cancer just to compose more until he broke down and got hospitalized.

After wandering around the hospital for half an hour, he decided to head back to his room, opening the door, a basketball welcomed him and hit him on the chest, being numb after the talk with the doctor, he ignored the ball and walks back to his bed. He even didnt look to the person who accidentally hitted him. All he need is a silence, no talk.

"O-ohh im sorry, i didnt know that there's a patient at the other bed-", the unknown boy said but Jihoon cutted him off.

"No need to apologize, just be careful next time", Jihoon coldly said as he grabs his notebook and pen. He tries to hum some melodies until the boy who owned the basketball goes beside his bed.

"Oh you like composing? I like composing too! But, yeah just a hobby. Im not a really good composer", the boy with black hair, wide eyes and milky white skin said before dribbling his ball, making loud noises. He stops dribbling and started a conversation with Jihoon.

"You must be really great-"

"Im sorry but really, im trying to concentrate here, can you please mind your own business?", Jihoon said without looking at the boy who is beside him.

"Ah, sorry. Im Seungcheol by the way, my boy-"

"Sorry if i sound rude but please, shut up", with that, Seungcheol smiled lowly before walking to the other side of the room. He taps the basketball and keeps on puffing his cheeks trying to ignore the awkward silence.

"Oh you're finally back", Seungcheol said playfully as he assists his boyfriend, Jeonghan. They're been together for almost 2 years already. They're both childhood bestfriend until Seungcheol decided to confess his feelings to Jeonghan 2 years ago, the feeling is mutual so they decided to be in a relationship. There are ups and downs in their relationship, but being both matured, they're still together after so many years. Both Jeonghan and Seungcheol are training to become an idol. They have the same dream eversince they met.

After noticing Jihoon, Jeonghan greeted him with a bow and quietly sits on his bed. Seungcheol being the clingy and talkative boyfriend asks alot of things from Jeonghan. But Jeonghan keeps on answering them and they're both chuckling and lauhing making jihoon uncomfortable.

 

------

It's a rainy evening, Jihoon decided to walk around the hallway, he loves it when it rains because he gets motivated more to compose some songs, especially the ballad ones. And it reminded him of his late father, a singer as well. His father always teaches him on how to make some great music. After his father died, his mom never agreed of him as a singer. His mom thinks that he might end up just like his father. Drowned with wealth and fame, his father started going out with alot of girls, secretly. His dad even forgot about his old friends after being recognize as a famous singer. He's been thinking deeply lately, his mother wants him to consider having operation again but he thinks that it'll turn out the same. He decided to sit down on a bench near the glass window and pulls out his notebook and pen.

"Hey there! Why are you out here? It's already late at night", Seungcheol appeared out of nowhere. Sitting beside Jihoon.

"It's not like theres a curfew here? Dont tell me what to do, this is like my second home already, i know the do's and dont's.", Jihoon spoke lowly, obviously irritated that this boy named Seungcheol is here to bother him again. he tries to ignore seungcheol but the taller boy just keep on talking.

"You're almost finish on that huh", the taller boy said as he peeks at jihoon's note. Irritated by the taller boy, he stands up and walks away from him but seungcheol doesnt easily gives up. He follows Jihoon until they arrived at the farthest part of the hospital.

"Why do you keep on following me? Please take care of your boyfriend or whoever he is", Jihoon sighed as he looks at seungcheol, disgusted.

"Why do you sound so jealous?", Seungcheol crosses his arms teasingly as he looks back at Jihoon, smiling widely he taps his feet on the ground.

"Why would i? It's not like i know you before? Can you just leave me alone? Im having a peaceful life-"

"Is it really peaceful? You're not stress or what?", Seungcheol cutted Jihoon. "I heard you're here because of your cancer? That's painful and stressful right? Are you sure it's really peaceful?"

Seungcheol's words hits Jihoon. Yeah that's true, it's really hard, not even peaceful, he lied. He's been suffering since he knew that he has a cancer. All his dreams shattered just because of this painful thing called cancer. He needed to give up his dreams because of his health, even his friends dont visit him at the hospital. Everything is really painful for him. The only thing that can make him calm is composing, he gets happy everytime he finishes a song. Composing is his life and his only happiness.

Without knowing, Jihoon's tears started flowing from his eyes. Unable to control his emotions, he looked down and started sobbing. The surprised Seungcheol dont know what to say, the only thing he did is hug the smaller boy.

 

-------

Hello hello hello~

I guess this chapter is boring? I feel like it's lacking alot and i needed more words to describe what's happening to this chapter.

I might re-write this in the future. Thank you so much!