Wedding Preparations

For the First Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fire~~ Hot, hot, hot hotter. I woke up to my usual phone alarm and rolled over to see my hands wrapped around a rabbit. What? Then I remembered, I fell asleep on hyung’s bed last night. I got up and looked around, but he was nowhere in sight. Where did he go sleep?

Suddenly, Jungkook barges into the room in a bathrobe and a towel on his head as he dried his hair. “Oh cool, you’re up. Gotta change.” He simply walks by me and into the closet as I stared after him.

“Wait, where did you sleep last night?”

He shouted from the closet. “Your room, ‘cause obviously, you took over my bed.” Oh, I see. I guess that makes sense.

Wait. Wasn’t that MY bathrobe he was wearing? Oh ma gawd, seriously? “Well, since you took my bathrobe, can I borrow yours? I hope it’s clean.” I figured he still hasn’t used his yet. He throws it out from the closet and onto the bed. “Thanks, hyung.”

Walking out the room, my stepdad came out of his room as well. I greeted him a lazy good morning and headed towards the bathroom. Before I got the chance to step in, he spoke up. “Wait, Hyemin, did you just walk out from Jungkook’s room?”

“Yeah, we switched rooms last night.” Honestly, I was too tired and lazy to explain in the morning.

He looked dumbfounded. “Uhh, oh. Umm, okay…”

“Trust me. Nothing happened. But please don’t tell Mom, ‘cause she might freak out.”

He simply stared at me as I dragged my legs into the bathroom.

After washing up, I walked back to my own room, and the bed was nicely fixed, unlike how I usually have it. Wow, didn’t think he was such a neat freak. The only thing was, his PJs were still on my bed.

My mom came knocking on my door. Oh my God, must hide clothes. I threw them under my bed just in time when my mom opened the door. “Wow, didn’t think you’d be up already. I guess I can go wake up Jungkook as well.”

“Nah, you don’t have to. He’s up already. Earlier than me too.”

“Oh really?” She looked at my bed. “Wow, you even had time to make your bed. I’m impressed.” I apparently didn’t hide the clothes well because she noticed something sticking out under the bed. “What’s that under your bed—”

I quickly kicked it out of sight. “Oh, umm, well, it’s just some old rag for wiping stuff around the room.” I plastered a big smile on my face. I started sweating for some other excuse. “I need to get dressed, Mom. You should go and get ready too.”

“Alright then. It’s still early, so no need to be in a rush. Come down for breakfast when you’re done.”

I watched as she walked out and closed the door. *Whew* That was close.

-----

“WOAH-OW” We have arrived at the wedding shop, and the amount of beautiful, white wedding dresses displayed here were simply blinding my eyes. I guess my mind went a little too far into imagination as I started smiling to myself while looking at some of the wedding dresses. I turned and saw Jungkook’s judging face behind me, to which I responded with, “you won’t understand.”

He snickered. “I guess I really don’t.”

The manager came over with a folder and big binder in hand. “Welcome, Mr. and Mrs. Jeon. My name is Jisoo, and I am the manager here. My assistant, Jennie, and I will be helping the two of you today, while Chaeyoung and Lisa over there will be helping Miss and Mister Jeon.” Did she just call me Miss Jeon? I wasn’t planning on changing my last name.

Unexpectedly, Jungkook pointed towards me. “Sorry, I think she prefers being called Miss Lee.” All of us turned to him in surprise, especially me, because he would usually never speak up. Wow, he’s acting weird these days.

Jisoo turned to me apologetically. “Oh, I’m so sorry! Miss Lee. Yes, Miss Lee. Chaeyoung and Lisa should be ready to show you around the shop.”

Chaeyoung and Lisa came to lead Jungkook and I to a different section of the store with all the bridesmaid dresses and groomsmen suits. Honestly, all the suits looked the same to me, but the variety in dresses amazed me.

I spent a good amount of time looking around, while Jungkook had already chosen and tried on his suit. He simply sat on the couch while scrolling through his phone and watched as I walked around. “You’re taking forever.”

I looked at the time. “Please, it’s only been half an hour since we came. I usually don’t take that long picking, but this is for my mom’s wedding, man. I can’t just whatever this.” I picked out a light blue and a light purple dress. “Hey, which one looks better?”

“They look the same to me. Except for the color.”

I rolled my eyes. “You’re not helpful.”

“Fine. The purple one.”

To be honest, I liked the purple one more too. “Why?”

“Because you’ve been eyeing that one the longest, which probably means you like it more.” Did I? I guess I did.

Chaeyoung came over with two more dresses, one peach colored and one dark blue. Oh man, even more to choose from. “These two should also match well with your figure. Why don’t you try them all on?” Great.

The peach colored one was strapless, and the bruise on my shoulder from dodgeball last week was quite obvious. Darn, I forgot about this bruise. Even though it’s fading, it was still obviously there. Oh wells, the dress was ‘eh’ anyways. I tried all of them on, and the purple one looked the best. Plus, it was a single strap dress that covered up the bruise quite well. Perfect.

I walked out the changing room to get some advice from the others. “Hey guys, how’s this one?”

Chaeyoung commented. “You look beautiful in this! I think this one’s the best.” Lisa came over to try and fix the waist area.

Jungkook looked up from his phone, and simply stared at me. What, does it look weird on me? “Bro, advice? Don’t just stare at me.”

“Uhmm, you… uhh, look great. Yeah.” Well, that didn’t sound very sincere.

Sud

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter