004

Bachelor Party Sweetheart

A feeling of deja vu flowed through Kyungsoo like poison. It barely happened the same morning but it felt as if it happened days, maybe weeks ago. He was so desperate to forget the events, the emotions of confusion and violation the cause of his actions.

Baekhyun's car was at a full park where he has parked earlier that morning to pick up his friend. As predicted, he was the first to exit the car, slamming the door shut with an excited smile, leaving Kyungsoo in the dust.

"..B-Baekhyun! Byun Baekhyun!!" He shouted as loudly as possible, the sides of his throat shaking in pain. Sudden fear overwhelmed him when the vehicle was no longer full of noise, and instead simple silence. Only the gentle howl of the wind and ice particles falling outside were the small sources of noise in the general area.

"Why does he leave me??" Kyungsoo stressed, now finding the courage to unbuckle his seatbelt and exit the car. His face instantly stung at the cold that was quick to slap his face mercilessly. The poor boy thanked that the entrance wasn't too far, and walked as quickly as possible to the terrifyingly familiar double doors of the hotel. He realized up to this point that he held many memories in this one building, and was hopeful to never have to return.

Inside, the same lady from earlier was working at the front desk, signing in a tacky tourist couple that were of obvious foreign origin. A janitor was mopping at the floors, mumbling some frustrating slurs that even Kyungsoo could barely make out. In this scene, only one thing was missing, and that was Baekhyun.

Kyungsoo groaned mentally as he walked to the lady at the desk to ask of she had seen an overly hyper, skinny, well dressed, and too happy for this early in the morning boy scurry through the lobby. Just before he could make it past the couches, he stumbled helplessly into one of the cushions before realizing he had accidentally run into the janitor.

"Sorry!" He directly apologized, looking down and face heating up when the janitor grew even more frustrated, mopping at the marble floor harshly. Kyungsoo's eyebrows furrowed as he looked intensely at the ground out of curiosity to discover that there was blood. The janitor was mopping up partially-dried blood from the floor.

"Woah.." Kyungsoo gaped. "W-What happened??"

"Some idiot just left buckets of blood here! I thought it was a crime scene!" The old janitor cursed, hand motioning towards the mess. "I was working all night for that party, then they call me back up to wipe this trail of mess.."

Disregarding the rest of his complaints, Kyungsoo slowly left the scene, wondering who could've left so much blood to begin with.

Before he knew it, the lady at the front desk was in front of him. Kyungsoo stopped abruptly in his tracks as the desk barely hit his stomach, causing the woman to look up from her computer screen.

"How may I help you?"

"U-uhm, has anyone come through here? Someone my age.. maybe..."

The woman furrowed her eyebrows in distress.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"..Err.... my friend left me. He ran into here and I need to find him."

"I apologize, but I know nothing of the sort."

Kyungsoo blinked.

"..Are you, by any chance, able to show me the check in list for the hotel??"

The worker let out a sarcastic laugh.

"The list is confidential."

Dammit.

Where the hell is Baekhyun??

"O-Oh, well I was checked in this morning, but under my friend's name." He stammered, cringing when he mentioned friend. "I'm looking for him now because I left so suddenly."

"What's his name?" 

ing hell.

"I.. can't recall."

"Kyungsoooo!"

The boy whipped his head towards the annoyingly familiar voice of Byun Baekhyun in the flesh who was returning from the bathroom. 

Great timing, going to the bathroom first thing.

"Is that him?" The reception lady asked with an exasperated tone in her mature voice.

"Y-Yes. I mean- no! That's not him."

"So you don't remember his name?"

When Baekhyun finally reached the desk, he let out a sigh.

"We're guests from Do Seungsoo's bachelor party from last night. Our names are registered in the guest list, if you'd like to confirm."

The woman nodded.

"Okay.."

"We need to see the guest list for that party!" Kyungsoo exclaimed impatiently.

"Names, please."

"Do Kyungsoo and Byun-"

"Byun Baekhyun!" Baekhyun eagerly shouted, interrupting his friend.

"Do.. Kyungsoo..." The worker drew out the name as she typed into her computer. A spark of hope twinkled in Kyungsoo's eyes when she nodded. "Yes, you two were checked into the party. What was it you needed?"

"The guest list!"

"Ah, that's confidential. I'm sorry."

"I'm Do Seungsoo's younger brother! I have the right!!"

"Only the party host has the right. You may ask him for confirmation if needed."

Baekhyun bit his tongue.

"We have his phone number! Is that good enough??"

The woman removed her cat-eye glasses, then sighed.

"No.. no, that does not apply." She stated with obvious annoyance in her voice. "Once again, I'm sorry. I suggest you leave."

Kyungsoo spent a few moments looking at her, then suddenly let out a loud gruff while making his way towards the array of elevators that he didn't miss in the slightest, Baekhyun giving a respectful bow to the stressed reception worker before chasing after his friend.

"Stop!! You walk too fast!" He called out, already out of breath. His request was granted when Kyungsoo suddenly stopped in his tracks while looking down at the floor.

"Dammit!" He swore, kicking at the ground. Baekhyun looked down to see that there was a scruff of red on the white rubber of his new shoes.

Upon further inspection, both came to notice that it was blood. Baekhyun jumped back in fear, looking around him to see that the blood was tracked towards the hotel entrance.

"W-What the hell?!" He exclaimed. Kyungsoo bent down to wipe away the stain with his hand, but stopped himself after realizing how ridiculous the idea was, and dropped onto his knees.

"Ugh.. the janitor said someone bled everywhere and they're yet to clean everything up. Sorry for getting the shoes dirty."

"..Don't worry about it." Baekhyun reassured, struggling to get over the shock of the fact that there was bodily fluid stained on the floor of a hotel. "Christ... it's like someone got murdered."

Kyungsoo stood back up slowly.

"Wait a minute." He boldly stated. Baekhyun turned to him with a look that still read disgust, but was still all ears.

"What??"

The younger looked back and followed the tracks backwards with a forehead frown. Baekhyun scratched his head in utter confusion; he had a difficult time catching up with things.

"That punk that has my phone was limping when he saw him! This war zone is his blood!!" Kyungsoo exclaimed. His friend expected him to be happy at the amazing discovery, but instead, he was beyond angry. Baekhyun fearfully looked at the shorter to notice that he was gritting his teeth as his eyes trailed the blood.

"O-Oh.." Baekhyun muttered. "..Do we follow them.. then??"

"Well what else?" Kyungsoo spat, and instantly began his journey as the other tailed him. 

"How do you know it was him though??" Baekhyun questioned as he pushed a button for the elevators. 

"When I woke him up he got scared.. he jumped and knocked over a glass of water so he ended up stepping on the glass when he got out of bed. But I'm not sure, I don't remember really seeing it happen. It just seems like the only reason to why he's limping."

"Aw!! You're like a little detective. A short, grumpy, detective."

"Shut up." Kyungsoo gruffed, then stepped into the elevator that just happened to be in front of them. The doors shut elegantly, but something struck Kyungsoo right before they closed: he didn't have the slightest idea of what floor he was on during the events of the morning. 

Baekhyun stared intently at the array of floors he was able to choose. 

"Uh, what floor?" He asked timidly. 

Kyungsoo blankly stared at the golden rows. 

"Seriously, this day just keeps getting worse!" He shouted before slamming a clenched fist onto one of the walls of the elevator, making his friend jump. At least there was a starting point from here; he could definitely remember being at one of the top floors. Excited that he had this amount of information and a matter of time before vengeance was served, Kyungsoo slammed one of the buttons that read '17'. He could only hope that this was it- they had very limited time. 

Then the doors opened. Baekhyun's first instinct was too examine the floor in front of the elevator to search for any blood, which he didn't not find any. There was only another guest waiting there, and he moved over to make space under the assumption that they wanted to enter the elevator as well. But Kyungsoo didn't move. 

His eyes widened at the sight of the young man who was partially dressed. There was a suitcase by him that was partially open. He was yet to do his tie along with his hair, but that was completely disregarded. Except the crudely wrapped foot of his- he even squeezed on his shoe over the wound. The injury was what gave him away. 

"You!" The stranger shouted, pointing a slender finger at Kyungsoo. 

"Y-" And before Kyungsoo could speak any further, the boy pounced onto him like a lion and it's prey as Baekhyun flinched backwards in the unexpected action and struggle displayed before his eyes. A squeak left his mouth and his body was helplessly pressed against the corner of the elevator, searching for safety. 

"What are you doing??!" Kyungsoo yelled out as he struggled to get the other's grip off his wrists. 

"You can't run anymore! You didn't give me a chance to explain!"

"Get the hell off of me-! Baekhyun!"

Baekhyun stood there in utter shock. He knew that even if he took an attempt at getting this man off his friend, he would probably only get hurt in the process. 

Finally, with a kick against his belly, the stranger surrendered. He fell onto his side in pain while Kyungsoo panted and got back onto his feet. 

"You're crazy!!" He shouted. The elevator doors began to close, but he slammed the button that kept them from doing so. The stranger cringed while holding onto his stomach. 

"Let me explain, for Christ's sake!" He choked out. Baekhyun covered his mouth in shock. 

"I want my damn phone! And my wallet, you ert!!"

"I'm not a ert! How can someone be so dense to instantly assume that?!"

"Just give me my damn stuff!!!"

"K-Kyungsoo?"

Kyungsoo turned to his tense friend who was cornered in the elevator. 

"What?"

"You should probably hear him out.." His voice lowered enough so that the tan boy couldn't hear. The duo looked back at him, Kyungsoo furrowing his eyebrows.

The stranger was panting, but looked hopeful in a way. 

Fine.

 

 

-

 

 

"I'm sorry."

A thick silence drew out. 

"Look, you were drunk. I was just being thoughtful and got you a room, since you had no ride.. I promise you I did nothing wrong. Directly after I took you in, you stripped yourself before passing out onto the bed."

Kyungsoo still did not speak, but his cheeks grew hot. Baekhyun was anxiously watching this happen- he did not squeak a word since sitting down in the hotel's café. 

The boy sighed heavily, impatiently tapping at the ceramic handle of his teacup. 

"Cotton cheesecake?" A waitress approached the three boys with a plate of a deliciously fluffy cake resting atop a small dish with a raspberry garnished on top. The stranger that Kyungsoo was yet to know the name of pointed at the doe-eyed boy sitting across from him, and the young waitress set it where indicated. Kyungsoo looked up in confusion. 

"What is this?" He asked sharply as soon as the waitress left. 

"..My apology. I know it's not enough, but-"

"I don't want it."

"Look, what do I need to do to get you to believe me?? I'm so confused! I did nothing wrong!!"

Baekhyun harshly kicked his friend's leg. He hissed in pain, and gave in. 

"Just give my stuff back. That's all I need from you."

The stranger furrowed his eyebrows. 

"That's it?"

"Why? Is that not enough?"

"....I'll go get your stuff." The tanned boy instantly stood up and went towards the exit and into the lobby. Kyungsoo watched him until he was no longer visible. 

"What a tacky jerk."

Baekhyun smiled. 

"He's handsome."

"-Wow, you're reaching kind of far." The younger's eye twitched. 

"He's nice too. Why not just forgive him? It must be such a burden knowing that you won't."

"Ugh, just forget it. He already made my morning a hell. The last thing I'll do is forgive him."

"Poor boy. He even bought you this-" Baekhyun pointed at the cheesecake with a guilty expression, poking at it and admiring it's texture. Kyungsoo immediately slapped his hand away from the dessert. 

"Ow! What was that for??!"

"Don't touch the cake."

"Why?? You feel guilty, don't you? Just forgive the kid, and it'll be all over! Easy on both of you."

"I already said, I don't want to. I'd rather get it all over without forgiving him. That way it'll only be easy on me. And why are you getting so defensive with him?? If you hadn't left me last night, we wouldn't be in this mess!"

Baekhyun gasped. 

"You watch your mouth! The clothes on your back are from me. And at least I came back to get you. Why did you get drunk in the first place?"

Kyungsoo froze at the question. The memories of Seungsoo deliberately brushing him off like some kind of runt flooded his mind like an avalanche. 

"F-Forget it. That's beside the point."

The older blinked at his friend for a few moment of confusion until it passed. Both boys sat silently, Baekhyun sipping at the chamomile that the stranger so kindly ordered for him. Kyungsoo's was yet to be touched, and was already cold. 

In a matter of a few minutes, the tan man returned, neatly folded blazer, pants, and shirt stacked in his arm along with his loafers, phone, and wallet. Kyungsoo felt a twinge of annoyance inside him at the effort put into his belongings. 

He placed the items on the glass table with a sigh. 

"Here. Is there really nothing I can do to get you to forgive me?"

Kyungsoo didn't speak. He took hold of his phone in fear that the boy might have messed with it, but he was beyond wrong. The device has been fully charged. The stranger noticed his confusion, and smiled weakly. 

"Ah, I noticed your phone had died, so I charged it so when you got it back, it would save you the trouble."

Why is he being so nice after I've been a complete to him??

Baekhyun let out a loving sigh. 

"Thank you so much." He cooed. "It was nice of you to treat us to tea, and charge Kyungsoo's phone.. I'm Baekhyun, by the way." He held out a hand. 

"It was nice to meet you. I'm Kim Jongin." He shook his hand right away, a charming expression on his face. 

"Are you ready to go?" Baekhyun asked Kyungsoo, who was gathering his stuff together in a rather disorderly fashion. The work Jongin had put into the clothes were long forgotten. 

"..Yeah." The young boy sat up, looking down. Once again, Baekhyun bowed and thanked Jongin for all he had done. 

"If there's anything missing, here's my number." Jongin gave them a card. A buisness card. Kyungsoo took it into his hands and looked at it intently. "Call me anytime."

"Okay! Hope to see you again, Jongin!" Baekhyun waved. 

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun rushed out and back into the car trying to avoid the snowfall that had begun again. 

"That was quick and easy." The older took the card from Kyungsoo's hand and examined the text. "You should call him and thank him."

"Ugh, no.. God, I want to hate him."

"You know, he charged your phone."

"I'm aware."

"That adds onto the list of things he did for you. What a nice, nice boy. He even has his own card!!"

"That doesn't change anything. He almost gave me a heart attack."

Baekhyun laughed at this exaggeration. 

"Just call him, okay? Make his day."

Kyungsoo sighed. He had been through a hell of a morning. 

He had too admit, Jongin was nice. But his habit of hating those who disappointed him got in the way of thanking Jongin. 

"..I'll try."