Woohyun

Chance encounter

After a tiring practice infinite members decided to go sightseeing. They’re on tour but due to the long practicing hours they haven’t had time to see the town. They strolled through the streets eating ice-cream and corndogs, and singing. Myungsoo was taking photos of the members and the places. Woohyun and Sungyeol were whistling ‘bad’ then Sungjong joined them. Sunggyu was whining about his aching feet and Hoya was enjoying the weather. “Street performance” Sungyeol shouted excitedly as he pointed at people crowding around five performers dressed in baggy clothes, baseball caps and face masks. He dragged Sunggyu and the rest of the members followed. The performance was amazing and the members cheered while Myungsoo filmed. Hoya enjoyed it the most; he was fascinated by the moved and the choreography.  After the performance was over everyone clapped their hands enthusiastically and left a fair amount of money. They were about to leave when the crowd started shouting and clapping their hands “JAY JAY JAY” One of the performers stepped forward and the crowd cheered wildly. The members walked away except Woohyun who was curious. “Hello everybody, it’s Jay. What do you want to hear today?” a feminine voice came through the speaker. Woohyun couldn’t see the girl’s face or hair or even silhouette; she was completely covered. People started shouting different song names. Woohyun found himself shouting “Just once” “I heard someone saying just once. It’s kind of a sad one but I guess it’s our song today.” Music played as the four other performers played their instruments then she started singing. Her voice was smooth and soft yet strong and powerful. It was also sad, very sad as it brought tears to his eyes. Her performance was beautiful even if he couldn’t see her, her voice was enough. As the song came to its end people gave a round of applause and left. “Yah Woohyun-ah, aren’t you coming? We’re going back to the hotel.” Sunggyu said. “No hyung, I’ll catch up with you later.” He said keeping his eyes on the girl then he followed her. She walked into a restaurant and greeted lady ran the place mom.

Woohyun returned to the hotel. As he lay on the bed he couldn’t stop thinking about that girl “Jay, Jay” he repeated her name. He had no idea what she looked like except that she had long black hair. He saw her taking off the cap and the mask. But he could only see her back. He shook his head when he realized he was thinking about someone he didn’t know “Yah Nam Woohyun, what is wrong with you? Go to sleep.” He mentally yelled at himself. The next day at the same time Woohyun went to the performance area but another group was performing. He left in disappointment as he walked down the park he remembered the restaurant. “Maybe she works there? Maybe it belongs to her family? Maybe her mom works there? Should I go?” he though then he shook his head “No No No, what am I; a stalker? No, I won’t go.” he said taking bigger steps then stopped and rubbed the back of his neck “But I’m leaving in a couple of days. I may not ever see her. I’ll go.” He thought walking back. He kept walking back and forth for a while then he decided to go. “What is the worst thing that could happen?” he said to himself as he walked into the small restaurant.

 A waitress with long black her tied into a ponytail came and gave him the menu. “What are your specials?” he asked. She began to speak and he realized her voice immediately. “What is your name?” he asked. She stared at him “I’m Jessie” he looked at her and smiled then he chose randomly from the menu. She was as beautiful as her voice. He stood up and walked to the manger’s desk. “That waitress Jessie, can she sing?” he said “Oh yes but how do you know that?” The lady said in a shocked tone “I’m a singer. I can distinguish good voices. Does she work here every day?” “She is my daughter. She helps me run the place. She only works here when she have free time.” “Could you please ask her to sing something?” she nodded then she called “Jay, come here.” The girl came “Our young visitor wants you to sing. He said he is a singer himself.” she looked at him in confusion. “You’re a tourist right?” she asked. Woohyun nodded “Why do you look familiar? You said you’re a singer; where are you from?” she said “Does it matter? Are you going to sing?” he said “You’re Korean, right? I can’t remember faces but I’m sure I know you. Could you take off that cap?” she said “Are you or are you not going to sing?” he said “Fine, I’ll.” She said then she disappeared behind a door. She came back with a guitar, leaned on a wall, coughed twice then she played a familiar tone. ‘The man who can’t be moved by the script’ Woohyun listened to her angelic voice and he felt himself melting into every note. He didn’t want the song to end. He wanted it to last for as long as it could get. After she finished the song they sat together and chatted. “Oh, I remember you’re Woohyun from INFINITE, am I right?” she said excitedly. He nodded “I didn’t recognize you with your hair back, that baseball cap and those geeky glasses, sorry.” She said. He told her about their concerts and she told him about the performances and her band. They talked for hours then she took his autograph, a few photos together then he left. He returned after a few minutes “Can I ask you out on a date? I mean I can’t ask you to be my girlfriend and I can’t promise you a relationship because I’ll leave in a few days. But would you like to go out on a date with me, just one date?” He said nervously and he spoke a few Korean words that she didn’t understand. She stared at him in shock “Oh God, I didn’t ask you if you had a boyfriend; stupid.” He said “Yes” she said. He blinked twice then he asked in confusion “Yes you have a boyfriend or yes you’ll go out with me?” “Yes, I’ll go out on a date with you. I know it’s just one date and that you’d forget all about me in a few weeks but I’ll take my chances. But I have one condition.” “Name it” “You’ll sing to me.” He smiled and nodded “I’m at your service Ma’am.” He said then he held her hand and printed a soft kiss in it.

 

A/N: I think this will change to a oneshot about INFINITE not just Myungsoo. so what do you think? This time it's woohyun. I had fun writing this even though it's not so romantic. I don't know if I should write another part. Tell me what you think. I hope you liked it. Oh, and tell me who should be next?