Chapter 3

Parce que c'est toi

Mingyu knows something is wrong when Jihoon walks straight to the kitchen without his uniform. His eyebrows get more furrowed by the look of Jihoon’s unhappy face. He puts down his wooden spoon, approaching Jihoon while rubbing his hands to his apron, “what’s up, Man?”

Jihoon looks at the taller boy in front of him, lips jutting out, “I did something stupid today.”

“Wow,” Mingyu shrugs. Being friends with Jihoon for five years and it’s not the first time Jihoon admits to him he did something stupid.

“Remember the crush I’ve told you?”

Mingyu nods.

“I met him again in library today.”

“Wow, that’s good! Did you guys talk a lot?”

Jihoon shakes his head.

“What?”

“I blurted out about how I asked my friends about him and he found it creepy. He was so friendly first but when he found out about that he turned cold. I messed up, didn’t I?”

Mingyu brings his hand to cover his lips. He wants to laugh at this but he knows it might hurt Jihoon. Well, so what, he laughs in the end, gaining some other employees looking at them.

“That was not funny! I’m at making friends, Kim Mingyu, why am I doing this to myself?” Jihoon hits Mingyu’s chest.

“Man, I thought you kissed him or something like that.”

“But what if Wonwoo hates me even before we know each other?”

“His name is Wonwoo?” Mingyu blinks a few times.

“Yes.”

“Jihoon, you came early?” Soonyoung’s voice cuts their conversation.

Jihoon turns around, giving the blonde guy a small smile, “hello, Boss.”

“I’m glad to see you around,” Soonyoung smiles back at him. “Now if you don’t mind, please change your clothes and go to work.”

Jihoon lets out a heavy sigh, “sure.” He turns to Mingyu, “don’t tell anyone. I’ll talk to you again later, bye.”

“Don’t be sad, Little Boy!” Mingyu shouts at him before going back to his worktable.

***

Café is not too busy today. There are only five guests here and there is no Wonwoo.  Jihoon lets out a contented sighs, he doesn’t have to feel awkward. He slowly arranges the napkins in the counter. Jihoon loves this activity, it’s strangely calm him down even more after the stupid incident a few hours ago. A minute later, the bell rings, Jihoon turns his head to the door with a smile. But his smile turns into an awkward one when his eyes spot a tall boy with dark hair walks in after his friends. Wonwoo.

“W-welcome,” Jihoon stutters. One of Wonwoo’s friends looks at him, giving him a polite smile. He turns around from his friends – they are choosing the best seat for the six of them – to the cashier counter. He stops right in front of Jihoon, looking at the big menu above the cake display.

“Do you want to order something?” Jihoon asks politely. He tries his best to sounds cheerful even if he still feels mortified.

“Yes, I’d like one mango smoothie and a box of cookies, please.”

Jihoon taps the screen, making the payment on the computer, “do you want to pay it now or do you want to hold it and pay it later?”

“I’ll pay later,” the customer smiles at Jihoon.

Jihoon nods as he taps another spot on the screen, “may I know your name, please?”

“Joshua.”

“Joshua? Okay,” Jihoon gives the screen a last tap before looking at his customer, “I’ll bring the order to your table.”

“Ah, if one of my friends orders something, please put it under my name. I’ve passed my exam and today is my treat,” Joshua smiles happily.

Jihoon makes an O shape with his lips. He chuckles, “sure, congratulation anyway.”

“Thank you,” and Joshua leaves his spot.

***

Jihoon walks back to the cashier counter after putting Joshua’s order on his place. He puts the tray back on its place before walking to the kitchen. A customer asks for a pack of macaroons but unfortunately there is none of it on the display. He pats Seungkwan’s shoulder – the pastry chef in charge – and tells him about it.

“Okay, tell them to wait for twenty minutes,” Seungkwan mixing the dough with his hand. “I need to make this first.”

Jihoon nods, “thank you, Seungkwan!”

Jihoon walks back to his counter. He stops in the middle when a tall boy was already there, drumming the counter with his long fingers. Slowly, with his head down, Jihoon approaches the boy, “m-may I help you?”

“Yes, please, I need an iced Americano and lemon cake,” he says.

“Okay,” Jihoon taps the screen a few times before turning around to prepare the order.

“Aren’t I supposed to pay it first?” Wonwoo asks.

Jihoon turns around, “I saw you with Joshua so I put the payment under Joshua’s name. He wants it that way. It’s his treat.”

Wonwoo raises an eyebrow, “his treat?”

Jihoon nods, “I’m sorry if I sound so creepy but he told me today he passed his exam so today he treats his friends.”

A sigh left Wonwoo’s lips, “no, I’ll pay my own. How much is it?”

“It’s-“

“Did you pay it by yourself?” A voice comes behind Wonwoo.

Wonwoo looks over his shoulder. Joshua is standing there. Wonwoo shrugs, “yes.”

“I’ve passed my exam today and I want-“

“I’ll pay it by myself,” Wonwoo ignores Joshua and looks at Jihoon. His eyes grow wide when he finally takes a good look at Jihoon, “oh, it’s you.”

Jihoon can feel his cheeks turn pink. He looks down, “I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay,” Wonwoo chuckles. “So, how much is it?”

“I’ll pay, I’ll pay! Don’t take his money,” Joshua pushes Wonwoo’s hand for paying his order.

“But-“

“Please, only this time, I won’t spend money again next time,” Joshua gives Wonwoo a smile.

“Hy-“

“Please, I promise.”

Wonwoo pushes Joshua’s forehead with his index finger before putting back the wallet back to his pocket, “fine.”

Jihoon bites the inside of his cheek looking at the sight before him. There is a tiny bit of strange feeling on his chest that makes him uncomfortable and he doesn’t know why. It must be because I don’t like to see a couple bickering in front of me, yes, it must be because of it, he thinks. He clears his throat, trying to get attention from those two.

“Ah, I’m sorry,” Joshua scratches his nose, “please put his drink under my name. Thank you.”

Wonwoo gives Jihoon a smile before leaving the counter because Joshua drags him along. Jihoon replies his smiles weakly, turning around to his work table to make Wonwoo’s order. He shakes his head before he starts to make the iced Americano.

“Was that Wonwoo and his boyfriend?” Out of nowhere, Kim Mingyu appears beside him. A pack of macaroons is on his hand.

Jihoon looks at him with a disgusted look, “were you here for a long time?”

Mingyu touches the box on his hand, feeling the box, “well, the box doesn’t feel warm anymore, I guess, I’ve been here for quite long.”

Jihoon rolls his eyes.

“Anyway, was that Wonwoo and his boyfriend?”

“I don’t know.”

“Are you jealous?”

“What?” Jihoon stops pouring sugar syrup to the glass.

“I was just asking, don’t kill me,” Mingyu puts the box on the cashier counter.

“I don’t know actually. This is uncomfortable but I only know him for a few days and it’s not right to feel jealous,” Jihoon shrugs.

“Jealousy is for everyone, Man,” Mingyu pats Jihoon’s shoulder before walking back to his kitchen.

“Mingyu,” Jihoon calls him right before the taller one enters the kitchen.

“Yes?” Mingyu turns his head to Jihoon.

“You were here before he came, right?”

Mingyu nods, “why?”

“Do you think it’s his boyfriend?”

Mingyu gives him a mischievous smile, “even if I knew, I won’t tell.”

 

 


Another note :

HELLO! I'm sorry I'm super late in updating the story. I'm sooo sorry. But, yeah, here is chapter 3 and yes you can tell that I lowkey shipping Wonsoo so I put Joshua there. Please love Joshua and Wonwoo and Jihoon and Mingyu and everyone. I love you. And thank you for subscribing, leaving comments, I love you so much. I'm sorry. I love you.