Chapter 4

Parce que c'est toi

“Do you want me to walk you home?”

Joshua shakes his head, “no, I need to go to the convenience and buy some food.”

“Do you want me to go with you?”

Joshua pats Wonwoo’s back, “I’ll call you if I need help, okay?”

Wonwoo scratches his nose, “okay.”

“Boys, I’m going to leave first, my sister will kill me if I don’t bring her the book in ten minutes. See you,” Seungcheol gets up from his seat, running outside the café after waving goodbye to his friends.

“What about you?” Junhui points at Vernon.

“I will go home, homework and stuffs,” Vernon shrugs as he looks at Joshua, “can I walk with you?”

“Sure, let’s go,” Joshua nods. He gets up from his seat, “see you guys tomorrow.”

“I’ll be leaving too, Wonwoo, with Minghao,” Junhui gets up after Joshua and Vernon leave the café.

“Okay,” Wonwoo nods.

“Are you going to wait for that boy?” Minghao pokes Wonwoo’s shoulder. The older gives him a small smile, shooing him with his hand.

“See you tomorrow, Wonwoo, we really hope there is a good news from you,” Junhui pats Wonwoo’s head before leaving him alone.

As his friends leave him, Wonwoo lets out a heavy sigh. He looks over his shoulder, watching the small boy that is busy explaining a menu to a guest. A smile creeps up his face when the smaller boy laughs at whatever the guest said. After ten seconds watching Jihoon, Wonwoo decides to leave the café.

***

“Excuse me?”

“Excuse me?”

“Hey there, excuse me?”

“HEY, SKINNY BOY WITH BLUE T-SHIRT, CAN YOU STOP WALKING?”

Wonwoo checks his own shirt, blue t-shirt. He stops for a while and turns around. An employee from a café he visited earlier with chef uniform stands a few meters away from him. He smiles at Wonwoo. Wonwoo points a finger at his own nose, “me?”

“YES!” The chef boy walks closer to him.

“Do I know you?” Wonwoo raises an eyebrow.

“No, but you will because, hello, I am Mingyu and yes I work at that café,” Mingyu smiles politely.

“Ah, Mingyu,” Wonwoo nods, “can I help you?”

“Yes, please, no, I mean, ah… Can I talk to you? I promise it won’t take too long.”

Wonwoo nods.

“There is this friend named Jihoon. And he talks about you a lot. He told me that you turned him down when you guys met in library. It hurts him,” Mingyu puts his hand on his chest, acting like it’s him that hurts.

“Ah, I’m sorry,” Wonwoo bites his lower lip.

“Can you please talk to him?”

“What?”

“I mean, as a friend?” Mingyu gives him a playful grin, “please. He likes you.”

Wonwoo scratches his nose, he can feel his ears turn red to the sudden confession from Mingyu, “I’ll talk to him. He seems like a nice person.”

“Indeed!” Mingyu eagerly pats Wonwoo’s shoulder, “I swear he is sooo nice, you won’t regret it. Please be nice to him because he is actually a big baby.”

Wonwoo’s lips pressed into a thin line, holding back his laughter, “ah, okay.”

“That’s great. I’ll go back to work. See you around the café and eat the cake a lot because I made almost of them,” Mingyu gives him a playful wink before running back to his café.

Wonwoo stays still at his place. Was Mingyu being serious about Jihoon likes him? Is it possible for a person to like the other in a short time period? Wonwoo – in the end – shrugs off his shoulder, turning around and makes his way to home.

***

Jihoon sits by the window with his arms folded and his chin on top of it. He still remember how close Wonwoo and that Joshua boy yesterday. Jihoon lets out a heavy sigh. He really wants to be friend with Wonwoo, but he knew he was stupid in their first conversation. Just when he thought he can make it up with being nice, Wonwoo has a boyfriend. He doesn’t want to ruin someone’s relationship.

“They look good together anyway,” Jihoon shrugs.

“Can I sit here?” A familiar voice makes Jihoon startled. Wonwoo.

“Y-yes,” Jihoon instinctively moves aside so Wonwoo can sit next to him.

Wonwoo takes his seat, he looks at the magazine in front of Jihoon, “You read that kind of magazine?”

Jihoon suddenly closes the magazine and hugs it close to his chest. He silently curses at himself for picking a pet magazine today,“I- yes.”

Wonwoo nods, he looks at Jihoon, “so you love dogs?”

“Hm?” Jihoon looks at him, “how did you know?”

“The last page was about dogs, so?”

Jihoon nods, “I love dogs, especially the fluffy one. Well, all the dogs are fluffy but-“

Wonwoo raises his eyebrows, waiting for Jihoon to continue his words, “but?”

“I’m sorry I talk too much,” Jihoon looks down, hiding his pink cheeks.

“It’s okay,” Wonwoo shifts a bit to look at Jihoon clearly, “tell me more about the dogs you like.”

“Is it okay? I can’t stop when I talk about dogs,” Jihoon blinks at Wonwoo.

“Yes, I have a whole day to listen to you. Do you have favorite dogs?”

Another shade of pink appears on Jihoon’s cheeks, “o-okay. So, I like any kind of dogs, but recently I like Samoyed.”

“Samoyed?”

“It’s white and fluffy. It has a very bright expression, it looks like they’re smiling because of their mouth is like this,” Jihoon grins, trying to copy a Samoyed’s happy expression.

Wonwoo chuckles, “that’s cute.”

Jihoon puts his hands over his cheeks, feeling them grow warm. He looks at Wonwoo, “do you like dogs?”

“Honestly, no, they’re too aggressive.”

“But aggressive Samoyed is rare!” Jihoon enthusiastically responses to Wonwoo’s answer, “they are friendly but not too aggressive. Do you have a pet?”

“I used to have cats and squirrels,” Wonwoo scratches his nose. “Do you have a dog?”

“I want to,” Jihoon’s lower lip juts out in annoyance, “but my mom won’t let me.”

“Why?”

“Because she thinks I can take care of them, when actually I spend my whole day working and taking care of my brother when she is not home.”

“Do you want to have a Samoyed?”

Jihoon nods, “it would be nice. I have a plan to buy it next month; I still have to save more money.”

“I’ll buy you one now.”

“What? I mean, for real?” Jihoon can’t help but feel excited.

Wonwoo nods, “well, you know, that I’m new here and I don’t really know about this new town. So, let’s go buy a Samoyed and walk around with me? Show me some good places, please?”

For God’s sake Jihoon really wants to scream in happiness. He can get his Samoyed for free and he gets a chance to hang out with Wonwoo. With a big grin on his face, he gets up, “come on.”

Wonwoo gets up after Jihoon, shaking his head to Jihoon’s reaction, “lead the way?”

“Okay!” Jihoon nods eagerly, linking his arm with Wonwoo’s arm; he leads the way outside the library.

***

Jeonghan has this big happy smile when Jihoon passes by with Wonwoo. He swears it was the happiest Jihoon he ever seen. He takes his phone and dials a number, “Jihoon goes on a date. He looks happy.”

 


Hello again.

Thank you for reading, leaving nice comments, and subscribing! I still hope you will enjoy this one. I love you!!!!!