Phase One - Hand Holding

No Homo

Jongin sat with his back pressed to the mirrors of the studio, knees bent up close to his chest and arms lazily hung over them as he leaned back to watch the other’s practice. It was a common set up for one member to take watch and try and point out any flaws that the others could correct and it was Jongin’s turn. His eyes flickered about the group with a careful precision, taking in each kick of a leg and twist of a wrist, yet he was drawn back to a singular lone figure. Tall, broad shouldered with a slim waist, thighs that fit snug in the jogging bottoms and he wondered if the boy had decided to go commando today but he daren’t look.

 

So he simply watched and once the song was finished he gave a small clap and he sunk himself into a cross legged position, leaning forward and taking off his cap for a moment to through his hair before he settled it back on a little more slanted then before. “That was real good guys.” He complimented them and watched as they smiled softly and they sprawled themselves out across the practice room. 3 of them taking homage on the black leather sofa situated toward the corner and the rest laying themselves down on the floor. Sehun was the only one to come and sit beside Jongin, he slumped slightly against the mirrors and slanted his body to the side, head rested on Jongin’s shoulder.

 

“Was there anything majorly wrong that stuck out?” Junmyeon was the first to pipe up, he was always trying for perfection, over their years together as a group he’d become a little less strict with it, but nonetheless he was rather obsessive about his own personal best.

 

Jongin shook his head and gave a gentle smile down toward the other’s head on his shoulder and he playfully lifted a hand and patted Sehun’s cheek “No you guys were all good, I saw that Chanyeol lost his footing during the chorus around Kyungsoo Hyung’s line but other than that we’re all good to go.” He smiled and gave them a cheeky thumbs up.
Sehun smiled with a silent chuckle and then shuffled slightly closer to the other. Everyone began to go their separate ways then, some splitting off to get water and other simply clumping into a corner to buzz around their phones or other devices they’d decided to bring, Xiumin even sprinted off to see if Onew was around anywhere since he’d promised him coffee or was it chicken…he couldn’t remember.

 

“I’m tired.” Sehun mumbled against the shoulder pads of the other’s jacket and his head softly jolted when he felt Jongin chuckle.



“We’re all tired Hun-ah, it’s been a long few weeks of training.” He nods a little and tilts his head down, resting it atop the other’s freshly dyed hair “I think it’s going to be good though, despite everything bad this year it’ll be good.”


Sehun gives another nod before he closes his eyes and he takes a deep inhale of the other’s scent “You think we should bet on that? Or would that just be some sort of jinx?” He chuckled a little, a taste of somewhat bitterness to his tone but Jongin knew that the other meant well.



“Jinx, for sure.” He chortled before he lifted his shoulders softly and forced Sehun to sit himself up, he groaned a little and shifted himself so he’s hunched over his knees, knuckles dragging against the ground “You ache?”


Sehun nods gently and moves to rub across the back of his neck, squeezing tight at the nape to try and loosen the muscles there “Think you can rub it for me?” He smirks softly, eyes casted down toward the floor and the looked disguised by the shadow his cap casts across his features.


 

With that Jongin knocks him in the shoulder blade with a weak fist and shakes his head “Shut up dude, no way in hell, that’s too intimate.” He snickers and pokes along the other’s spine in boredom “Who knows what kind of sounds you’ll make.”


At the comment he hears Chen let out a cackle, the smaller male having been in a closer proximity than they’d originally assumed “He’d probably moan like a or something.”

 

Sehun shakes his head and lashes back at Chen with swift ease “Just like you then when you in the shower.”

 

Jongin sits open mouthed for a moment as Chen blinks in surprise and then the whole room is burst into laughter and the boys are clutching at their stomachs and kicking their feet off the floor and even Jongdae is laughing, a little teary eyed at how much they’re all cracking up.



This is what they were about, despite everything and all the losses they’d been through, they were still EXO, still one, still able to be themselves.


 




Fan sign. Meet and Greet. Gifts.

 

It was all the usual, bright smiles, swift scrawls of their signatures, complementing the girls and listening to their worries. It was all things that Jongin enjoyed and his smile was genuine when he beamed toward the line of girls that were slowly moving along the members. He wasn’t sure how many they got through when Junmyeon called for a break, Baekhyun was complaining of a sore throat and so they took a quick break to get him some water and to rest their aching wrists.

 

Sehun who was sat a few seats down, stood immediately, stretching out those long legs of his as he wandered halfway down the long stage and he gestured for Chanyeol to swap with him. The other giant seemed to understand the tilt of the head and he slid away to sit beside Kyungsoo. Sehun plopped himself down and got comfortable, leaning down onto the clothed table and resting his head upon crossed arms “Bored yet?” He hummed nonchalantly, peeking over the stage to see the crowds of girls watching them in a manner of anticipation.

 

Jongin shook his head and he perched his elbows up on the table and sat his chin in his palms, cupping the bottom half of his face as he looked down toward the other “No, you know I love these things, besides I’ve got plenty of gifts these times-“He looks down under the table to see the small collection of stuffies and other things he’d acquired “I think I even got coupons to that chicken place you like~” He hummed softly.

 

Sehun peers up and shrugs with a soft smile “You should take me then. Treat me to it Hyung~” He used the honorific in a somewhat teasing manner and Jongin scrunched his nose toward it, the two had been too formal for too long to use such things- besides they were maknaes together.

 

“Keep calling me like that and I won’t be taking you anywhere other than back to the dorm.” He mumbles into his fingers before he shifts position and leans back in his chair, arms dangling by his sides “You know, I think Suho Hyung is stressing again.” He nods firmly over to the little brunette who is whispering to the manager.

 

“Don’t say anything, well at least don’t say I said anything, but Tao’s been acting iffy with me this whole week.” He sighs a little “He’s stressed about the way the managers keep hounding him and Yixing Hyung.” He nods into his arms before he follows Jongin’s line of sight “I think Leadernim is just trying to get them off his back….if Zitao gets too stressed he gets sick remember.” He comments and Jongin’s nods in silence.

 

They stay like that for a few moments, just observing the other’s around them in a simple manner. It’s always like this when they’re alone, quiet and serene- unless of course there’s games involved then it’s screaming and shouting to the whole of the apartment building without a care.

 

“I miss Ge.” Sehun mumbles gently into his sleeve and Jongin casts a sad look towards him but he decides to just chew his bottom lip “Minseok Hyung is never around anymore, he’s always with the Sunbaes of the company- He doesn’t have that same connection with us like he did….it’s because Ge left.” He nods.

 

“Luhan hyung had his reasons to leave Hun-ah…you know that the best, he disclosed it with us remember- at least he disclosed it and didn’t just disappear.” He eyes Tao for a moment in thought of the M leader, the two had been so close and it wasn’t an easy memory of Tao’s howling cries.

 

“He had his own reasons too, I miss them both.” He shrugs gently before he sits up, angling himself a little closer to Jongin, seat slanted as he takes in a deep breath “I worry sometimes, that if one more person leaves then this band will fall apart.”

 

“You shouldn’t say things like that.” Jongin cuts in “Why are we talking about this?” He shook his head and dangled an arm backward, bent so that he could reach his back and scratch along the skin with blunt fingernails.

 

“Because sometimes I can’t help but think about it- especially in moments like these you know, when there’s nothing but silence all the bad things creep up on you unexpectedly.” He nods gently before he gives the other a gentle smile “Stay with me Jongin.” It’s more of a demand than anything else despite the way it’s spoken so softly.

 

“You know I wouldn’t have it any other way.” He nods to the other and then he smiles, swinging his hands downward and slumping in his chair in a lazy manner.

 

Sehun smiles and scoots his chair closer, ignoring the hawk like eyes of the many fans before them. He swings his hand close to Jongin’s and he lets their knuckles brush gently “Do you think we can be as good as before?”

 

“Hey we’ve spoken about this haven’t we? How many prep talks has Suho Hyung given us all?” He snickers a little at the mention and even Sehun has to shake his head at the thought of the smaller man rambling on and on- god and he wondered why people never listened to him.

 

“I remember very clearly.” He comments slyly, casting his eyes downward to watch the other’s hand brushing by his so delicately.

 

“Exactly. Then you know we’re going to do amazing. We’re just as we were before albeit less of us, but just as great.” He beams toward the other and gives a firm nod and Sehun smiles in return.

 

“I trust you a lot. Don’t ever break my trust.” He mumbles, voice firm and a little stern around the edges.

 

Jongin chuckles, trying his best to break the seriousness of this situation and Sehun raises a brow for a moment and the laugh dies down.

 

The break is over now and when Chanyeol moves to stand, Sehun shoots him a look and shakes his head and the two remained in their swapped positions and the staff grumble under their breaths as they rush to change a few things around.

 

The fans begin to file back up onto the stage and for a moment Sehun is caught watching Jongin smile and beam so happily and he slips his hand a little closer to him and he loops their fingers tightly together.

 

Jongin’s hands are warm and soft against Sehun’s slightly calloused palms and he chuckles under his breath at the way the other tenses in surprise. After a moment they both relax into the soft touch, it wasn’t something they hadn’t done before, but for some reason it seemed so different. Sehun smiled and he signed his name with his free hand before he squeezes Jongin’s hand and mumbles a soft “Fighting.” 

 


Comment what you think. 

Unedited. Excuse Mistakes.