Trying Again

Playing Hard To Get
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a brand new day. 

Yuri already had an idea of what she was going to do about Seohyun. She was going to start giving more than just a hundred percent into this. Seohyun merely wanted something from the heart rather than just materialistic gifts. Yuri might not have done anything like this before but she was willing to learn, especially since Seohyun was the one who requested it.

“Well,” Sooyoung patted Yuri’s shoulder, “what have you prepared for her today?” Yuri let a million-dollar grin grace her handsome face, “I… well, I…” Sooyoung wanted to burst into laughter when she saw how shy Yuri was getting, a completely new side of her best friend.

Sooyoung’s sharp eyes caught sight of the small paper bag Yuri was carrying and she smiled, “Oh my…. Kwon Yuri, did you bake for her?” Yuri pouted and hid the paper bag behind her back, she really disliked being teased about this.

Kwon Yuri was known as one of the coolest seniors in this university and being able to attract anyone without even trying. Yet, when it came to a normal freshman, she was turning into a mess. Here she was blushing and acting like a shy child receiving overwhelming love from everyone when it was supposed to be the complete opposite.

The tanned girl suddenly halted in her steps, bringing both Sooyoung and her to a pause in the middle of the hallway. Sooyoung nearly stumbled over her own feet and she smacked the back of Yuri’s head, “Yah! Don’t do that! What if we both fall? Your present for Seohyun will be ruined…” Her voice trailed off when she saw how panicked Yuri looked.

“Yul… what’s wrong?”

Yuri turned towards Sooyoung with a fearful gaze; she was so worried that she would disappoint Seohyun. “Soo, can you try one and tell me how it tastes?” Sooyoung jumped at the chance to have free food but she knew that eventually, Yuri would have to be able to have more confidence in herself. “I’m not going to even if you pay me to have some. Do you know why?” Sooyoung asked. Yuri had never seen her best friend being so serious before and it was rather intriguing but she needed to know, “why? Aren’t you going to help me?”

Sooyoung chuckled at Yuri’s sincere question, “you need to start having more faith in yourself. I can’t keep helping you, buddy. If this comes from your heart, I’m more than sure that Seohyun will definitely accept you. Remember…” Sooyoung started to move towards her own class, pointing at her chest, “your heart.” 

 

Damn, was no one going to help her with this?

If her closest buddy Sooyoung won’t even help her with this, she didn’t even have to bother asking Jessica or Taeyeon or even Yoona. Yuri sighed and looked at the paper bag she was carrying, she never baked for anyone in her life but here she was giving it a shot because of Seohyun. She already looked so silly walking in the hallway with a goofy grin on her face but what could she do?

Seohyun always turned her behaviour a hundred and eighty degrees.

Yuri took a deep breath and continued to mumble incoherent words to herself, she needed to calm down before going to Seohyun’s class. As she continued weighing the options in her mind, her feet automatically brought her to Seohyun’s biology class that she attended with Yoona. “Oh God, there she is. Why is she so damn perfect?”

“YAH OUCH!”

Yuri turned around, holding her shoulder with a pout as she saw Yoona standing behind her, “what the heck, Yoong!” Yoona just flashed a V-sign at Yuri before latching her lanky arms to Yuri’s waist, “why are you standing here? Why don’t you just go in?” When Yuri started to blush madly, Yoona already got the answer she wanted. She leaned her head against Yuri’s shoulder, “don’t worry… I’m sure Hyunnie will appreciate your efforts, Yul.”

Before Yuri even got a chance to decide, Yoona left her and went into the classroom, taking her seat next to Seohyun. Yuri cursed and hid behind the wall when Yoona started whispering to Seohyun, her eyes moving towards Yuri instantly. 

“Damn, Im Yoona. I’m not going to let you in my house anytime soon...”

Seohyun bit her lower lip trying to hide her giggling as she heard Yuri’s mumbling from the wall. Though she disliked the way Yuri lavished her with gallant gifts and all, she enjoyed seeing a different side of Yuri when she was using her own effort to woo Seohyun.

“Yuri-unnie?” Seohyun called out softly, “what are you doing here?”

Yuri rubbed the back of her neck rather sheepishly, she didn’t know if she was ready to give Seohyun her present now. Seohyun was going to help Yuri with that; she had plenty of time to tease Yuri later on if their relationship developed into something deeper. “

What’s that you’re holding? Mind if I take a look?”

Yuri handed Seohyun the bag before crossing her fingers behind her back, her eyes squeezed shut as she tried to control her nerves. 

The young woman felt her heart swell with warmth when she realised that Yuri had actually bothered to give her something she made herself. “Were you going to give this to me?” Seohyun asked, her eyes tenderly looking at Yuri. “Y-Yeah… hope you’ll like it.” 

Both would have liked to stay outside and enjoy the calm atmosphere between them but the stupid bell had to ring all of a sudden, breaking the lovey-dovey feeling. “Well,” Seohyun whispered, her fingertips tightening around the handle of the paper bag, “thank you, I will eat well.” Yuri looked up from her feet as she heard footsteps moving away and sighed, why didn’t she say something else?

 

Muack! 

Was the sound of Seohyun's lips pressed against Yuri's cheek before she ran to class, holding Yuri's paper bag tightly to her chest. Yuri's hand flew to her chest as she rubbed it in circles, desperately trying to ease her racing heartbeat. Her eyes darted to Seohyun's classroom and back to her trembling hand which was holding onto the paper bag a while ago. 

Oh God...  

 

 

Seohyun couldn't stop the smile from forming on her face when a knocking sound on the wall was heard from inside the classroom, everyone turning around to see what in the world was going on. 

Yoona furrowed her eyebrows, seeing her usually stoic tablemate smile and giggle to herself. She nudged Seohyun’s waist, “what’s up with you? You’re being… unusually smiley today.” Seohyun just pushed a strand of hair behind her ear and rested her head on the table, unable to stop the fluttery feeling in her stomach. 

Yoona's eyes travelled to where the paper bag that wasn't supposed to be there and revealed a small grin; Yuri had done it for real this time. 

 

yulyulk said: 

someone make sure Seohyun eats the biscuits.... 

 

Oh.... so Yuri baked biscuits for Seohyun? Yoona smirked and put down her phone before turning to Seohyun, “so….” Yoona lifted a finger and poked Seohyun’s arm in an irritating manner, ignoring the heavy sighs coming from Seohyun in order to control her anger, “Yuri baked some biscuits for you? Hmmm, Seo Joohyun?”

Will Yoona ever stop teasing her? 

She took a deep breath and turned to face Yoona with the calmest expression she could manage at this point in time, “yes she did, Yoona. Do you want some?”

Yoona never felt shivers go down her spine when talking to anyone else but Jessica but Seohyun was giving her the chills with her emotionless tone and expression. “N-No… Yuri will kill me if I take any,” Yoona mumbled, pouting as she looked down on her binder. 

And with Yoona's extra sentence, Seohyun's mind soon began to wonder towards Yuri...

 

 

-

 

 

Jessica walked towards the cafeteria with a beam, even having a skip in her step because she was so proud of Seohyun for finally accepting Yuri’s small gesture and likewise towards Yuri for being more sincere than anyone else. Not that Yuri wasn't sincere from the very beginning but Yuri has never stepped into a kitchen in her eighteen years of living and she wouldn't do it whenever the girls told her to try her hand at cooking. Yet for Seohyun, Yuri was here taking the initiative to bake a full snack for Seohyun without anyone's help. 

 

“YUWWWREEEEE!!!”

 

That was Tiffany's megaphone voice and she was obviously shouting it as she ran from her classroom to the cafeteria. Jessica rolled her eyes, she was completely overpowered by how loud Tiffany could be even when she wasn't even trying

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter