Chapter 4

Young Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri inwardly groaned as she listened to Soojung ramble on and on about her new friend in class. Soojung might be an ice princess to everyone she first meets but she was also naïve in many ways. “Seriously, Yul,” Soojung mumbled dreamily, “he’s so cute and… his eyes…” Yuri rolled her eyes before moving her gaze back to her textbook; she might lose her mind if she continues listening further.

“Myungsoo wasn’t handsome then,” Soojung mumbled, trying to think of whether he was that good looking in the past, “but now he’s like, wow!” Yuri hummed in response; she didn’t even want to respond in the first place so Soojung should just be grateful. “YURI!” Yuri jumped, her highlighter flying from her grip. She groaned and turned towards Soojung, “what is it now, Jung Soojung?”

Soojung didn’t know if she detected jealousy in Yuri’s eyes or whether it was her own eyes playing tricks on them. Yuri’s eyes were always clear for Soojung and whatever emotion Yuri was feeling, she would know it. However, it wasn’t just Yuri’s eyes that were unreadable, even her expression was unreadable and it scared her.

The tanned girl cocked an eyebrow, Soojung called her but she wasn’t saying anything, “hello? Stop dreaming and tell me why you called me so loudly.” Soojung noticed yet another problem, Yuri's tone was completely different and not as warming as always.

“Nothing, Yul… it’s fine.”

Thankfully, their other friends approached their study table and joined them but Soojung was taken aback, she didn't know who they were. Taeyeon smiled, “you must be Jung Soojung… I’m Taeyeon and this is Sooyoung, we’re both Yuri’s best friends,” Taeyeon stretched out her hand as Sooyoung followed suit, both glad they finally have the chance to meet the girl Yuri was silently admiring.

Though Soojung and Sooyoung hit it off almost instantly, the younger one couldn't help but pay careful attention to Yuri time and again. Yuri was being unusually clingy and it wasn't with her but Taeyeon and Soojung didn't like it. When Yuri wanted to be clingy, she was really really really really really clingy and Soojung enjoyed it because it was rare. 

Now that Yuri was leaning against Taeyeon... it was weird.

Sooyoung had to stifle her smile when she realised that Soojung wasn't listening to her ramble on and on, her attention was on Yuri instead. “Yah, Jung Soojung! I think it’s rude that you don’t pay attention to me and keep your eyes darting between Yuri and me…” Sooyoung pouted though she mentally congratulated herself when Soojung’s cheeks started to turn pink.

Taeyeon wanted to laugh as well but she knew Yuri would only smack the daylights out of her for making Soojung even more embarrassed so she pinched Yuri's waist. Yuri furrowed her eyebrows and followed Taeyeon's gaze, her heart skipping another beat when she saw how pink Soojung's cheeks were. 

Yuri sighed and gathered her things before standing up, “I have to go for training now… have fun eating, you guys…”

The moment Yuri left the table, Taeyeon and Sooyoung turned to look at Soojung with stern expressions. Soojung looked down at her uniform and back up to her neck, “do I look less of a human? Why are you two staring at me like that?” Taeyeon snickered in amusement, this freshman was funnier than she thought. 

“I’m not the kind to beat around the bush so,” Taeyeon started and her eyes already told Soojung that she was going to be forward about everything, “are you actually going out with Kim Myungsoo?” 

 

When did they know about her and Myungsoo?

 

Sooyoung sighed, “don’t blame Yuri… she tells us everything because we have a strong bond and also, she doesn’t want to burden her sisters with her problems…” Taeyeon nodded in agreement though she didn’t say anything else, she was quiet by nature anyway.

Soojung narrowed her eyes, “what’s wrong with Miyoung-unnie and Yoong?” It was Taeyeon’s turn to sit up in her seat with a confused expression, “Miyoung? Do you mean… Tiffany, by any chance?” “Oh, right. Yes, I mean Fany-unnie…” Soojung smiled sheepishly, she had completely forgotten that Miyoung now went by the name Tiffany since her Korean name always made her feel so... kiddy. 

 

“How long have you not seen the Kwon’s?”

 

Thinking back, Soojung hadn’t gone back to the Kwons’ for the past two years because she simply had no time. It didn’t help that her family had gone through their fair share of problems like shuttling between Korea and America. Ever since, Soojung had been so focused on trying to catch up with her schoolwork and hasn’t left the house often if it wasn’t for school.

Damn… how could she have forgotten all about her second family?

Soojung felt a lump form in , “about t-two years… w-why?” 

 

The moment Taeyeon and Sooyoung's eyebrows met in slight disappointment, Soojung knew something must have happened to her best friend and her family when she wasn't around. Soojung grabbed Taeyeon and Sooyoung's hands urgently, “p-please tell me… w-what has h-happened…” 

 

 

-

 

 

Yuri was running around the circuit with sweat pouring down her face, ignoring the endless amount of sweat wetting her shirt. She had so many things to say to Soojung but seeing how happy she was talking about Myungsoo and her new friends, she couldn't bring herself to. She was afraid that if she said something wrong.... Soojung's smile would leave her face and Yuri would rather die than allow that to happen. 

She could remember how Soojung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter