|| Chapter Two

Personal Preferences
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER TWO

 

 

Hakyeon stumbled as he walked down the stairs, yawning with each step he took. His mom was busily plating breakfast on a bare, white painted ceramic plate and his older siblings were still in their bedrooms, eager to start their new year off in college—a human college. They were clammy and sweating when they found out they were accepted into the college of their choice. Hakyeon sighed, hesitant to step down on the hardwood flooring. They were lucky: always so smart and hard-working while Hakyeon was too young of a wolf-pup to do anything to help his family. All he needed to do was get good grades and he did. 

 

The blonde puffed air into his cheeks, making the hollow before humming to himself, as if he was answering a question. Glancing at the clock mounted on the wall, Hakyeon’s eyes narrowed lazily. 

 

The fifteen year old bit his lower lip, thinking about how much homework he would have to do, hearing all the complaints that came from his siblings. Being the youngest, he was the only unexperienced one. He’s the one without a mate. Even his awkward sister had snatched up a handsome boy at her school. However, Hakyeon thought about it weirdly. She’s an alpha and the boy is a human. How was that going to work? Who is dominant? 

 

Hakyeon never really liked him ever since his sister introduced him to the family. He was weird and made sloping grades which his mother would never approve of. Although, he was surprised when his mother smiled whole-heartedly, accepting their relationship between wolf and human. The blonde’s eyes bounced from place to place, and onto his mother. 

 

“Mom, I’m hungry.” He stated randomly, not knowing how to start a natural conversation, something where he won’t complain about school and whine like a girl when his mother sternly said he had to go. “Is there anything to eat?” He continued on, peering over her shoulder to see what she was making. 

 

“We’re having pancakes today, can you eat these?” She questioned, glancing at the shorter boy. Hakyeon pursed his lips into a thin line. He wasn’t sure. Hakyeon was born with a picky appetite, but it was a serious condition. He couldn’t eat certain foods and it really made a huge impact when he moved to Seoul. 

 

Hakyeon is an Omega who was practically afraid of everything and anything. His father—who is a doctor worked day and night with organs, something Hakyeon couldn’t stand. The blonde still remembered a time when his father was discussing some operation he had done on a human heart which resulted into Hakyeon rushing to the bathroom, and went to sleep with an empty stomach. His mother had chuckled, patting his head and saying that he was sickly pale, almost like a vampire, which he knew he wasn’t. He would never be.

 

“Yes, Wonshik’s mother had already fed me this the last time I went over.” Hakyeon stated brightly, smiling as bright as the sun. HIs mother chuckled, cooing at how cute he was. Well, of course. Hakyeon is just fifteen after all. “Do you know Mina? She’s going to our high school.” He stated, trying to start a conversation. He and his mother had drifted apart ever since they moved. She was busy with her job and he was busy with the teenage human life. 

 

“Mina is a very lucky girl.” His mother stated, her voice stern like she was about to scold him, and Hakyeon knew where it was going. “You should’ve scooped that Wonshik boy up when you had the chance. Goodness, Hakyeon—you’re fifteen and you need a mate. Look at your sister!” She scolded almost jokingly. However, Hakyeon kept his lips pursed, trying to force a smile. 

 

Hakyeon hummed in agreement, averting his gaze from his mother’s and greeted his sister when she pranced downstairs to the living room, a binder clasped in her hands. “Mina’s been with Wonshik ever since they were ten. They had an “early romance.” That’s what Wonshik had said.” Hakyeon mimicked the way his friend had said it, with air quotations and everything in between. 

 

“It doesn’t matter what he said.” She proclaimed sternly, looking at him straight in his almond shaped eyes. Hakyeon felt small under them—however, it was normal. He was supposed to be like that. “As long as you find a mate then I’m fine with it.” She shrugged, her lips jutted out. “It doesn’t matter who.” 

 

“What if he was an incubus?” Hakyeon questioned in a small voice, shaky eyes looking at his mother’s facial expressions. Her once softened eyes turned stern again, this time with more authority and anger. “Never mind.” He sighed, afraid that his mother was going to scold him again after their arguing-break. Seeing her son’s disappointed expressions, Hakyeon’s mother sighed. Hakyeon glanced at the clock and then back again at his mother. Taekwoon was weird, he’s always changing his personalities everytime they meet. And Wonshik—he’s someone suspicious, too. But, he can’t jump to conclusions—not yet.

 

Hakyeon had a need to run some errands, and ever since he reached the blossoming age of fifteen, his family still wouldn’t let him do anything. He truly needed Hyuk with him—maybe even his human crush Hongbin Hakyeon’s been hanging out with. Hakyeon visited Hyuk daily and just telling him about the artwork Hongbin made his heart flutter. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter