Prologue

Personal Preferences
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

PROLOGUE

 

 

 

It had been a normal day, full of promises that couldn’t be made until the next, only if the young omega had constantly procrastinated as he pranced around sunshine-filled fields near the city of Seoul, where the two-legged people would thrive. The young wolf cocked his head curiously, seeing odd inanimate objects zoom across human-made streets, emitting a grey colored dust, causing the small pup to cough horrendously due to the many chemicals in it.

 

Hakyeon grew up as a curious little omega, young and quite small for his size, even though he was practically taller than most of his friends in the other packs. In his pack, he was the runt, the smallest pup there was. Alphas wouldn’t bother with him, even though they would still once in a while. However, it was in a  brotherly type of way. Although, Hakyeon’s still confused of how girls could be an alpha, but not him. He was brave, and strong, right? 

 

Hakyeon lived a perfect life on the outskirts of town where his pack dwelled freely in the dark forests and the bustled woods that humans never seemed to visit. Now, at the age of fifteen, Hakyeon was even more curious than he was before, always visiting the forest’s opening to watch the humans walk by, some of them holding hands like his mother and father would do whenever they were next to him. 

 

His family consisted of two older brothers, an older sister, and his parents. His father visited the human world plenty of times, since he was old enough to morph and work on his own as a human “doctor” or whatever that was. But, the speak of bloody organs and slimy blood during dinner made the omega squeamish. 

 

Being the youngest in his family, he took his mother’s genes, being afraid of practically everything and anything that seemed to appear nice and friendly to his older siblings, another reason why he was the runt. And because of this, he stayed with his mother at home, preparing dinner as soon as the family came back. However, he couldn’t thrive with normal food his wolf-brothers ate. He preferred the human-styled dinner his father brought home every single day. 

 

Now, he was practically old enough to morph, too. However, he was afraid. His mother said he had to go to “high school” which was still unknown to him. And his brothers continued to say that it was full of evil human girls and pushy human guys who threw a brown, stitched ball around everyday for fun.

 

Hakyeon was able to morph into his human form a few hours after his fifteenth birthday, and it still took a few weeks to get used to. Especially the legs. Walking on the pair of legs were still quite difficult and Hakyeon much preferred his four, easy-going wolf legs that helped him sprint and jog all his wanted through the forest. But now, he was fifteen, which meant that finally, his family could move out of their pack and live in a human house, and meet human friends. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter