bowl you over

How We Fall In Love With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just when you thought you had lost track of everything else in the world around you, that surreal moment was interrupted abruptly by the shrill funky ringtone of V's phone.

"Ah..." He seemed to snap out of it the same time as you and both of you leapt away from each other. He quickly scrambled for his phone and picked it up. "Ah? Hopie hyung? Yes, yes... I'm on the way...."

And just as he was going to put down, you felt your phone vibrate in your pocket and you picked it up, not recognising the number. "Hello?" You asked questioningly and V gave you a curious look.

"Hey, Ari, are you on the way already? Need us to pick you up?"

"Rap Mon," You mouthed to V who was repeatedly asking me who was it and to Rap Monster, you replied, "Ah, it's okay, but thanks anyway! V and I are coming together."

"V?" Rap Monster asked incredulously and there was a loud outroar over at his side at his name, which you assumed were the boys. "Yah, that sneaky punk!" One of them shouted so loudly that you could hear.

"Yes," You replied unsteadily and glanced over at V, who was widening his eyes and mouthing, "Loudspeaker!", while poking you in the shoulder. You pressed the loudspeaker button, rolling your eyes. "He can hear you now." You told Rap Monster.

"Not cool, bro, not cool, we could have all gone with you." Rap Monster exclaimed, but in a light, joking tone.

V shot me a big rectangular grin, his teeth gnashed together. "Ari needed help with unpacking in her dorm."

"Yah, Kim Taehyung!" Someone snatched the phone, whom you assumed was Jimin and was now scolding V over the line. "How could you!?"

You passed the phone over to V, trying to control your laughter and V answered immediately, "All's fair in love and war and pizza!"

"Alright, alright, kids, stop fighting." Rap Monster got his phone back and was now speaking on the line. "We're reaching soon, Jin-hyung can't concentrate on driving with Jimin screaming in the back."

"Ah, arasso, mianhae!" You apologised instantly, feeling guilty and Rap Monster laughed out loud at your sincere and cute apology.

"It's okay! Just be on your way soon!" You heard a gentle voice, which you assumed was Jin's, call out. "Hyung you were just glaring daggers at us from the rear mirror." Said another voice snarkly and you bit back a smile. 

So V and you managed to actually deposit the boxes at the garbage disposal without too much delay and mayhem and now the both of you were on the way to the bowling alley.

You were exasperated yet amused because he was so bad with directions yet he was so insistent on leading the two of you.

"Ariri! It's this direction!" V enthused as he rushed off, grabbing your arm violently and you hurtled after him.

Five minutes later....

"Okay, I'm a hundred percent positive this time round! Ariri you have to trust me." He solemnly cried out as he tugged at your sleeve.

Ten minutes later...

"The map says so! And it looks like we're going to reach anytime soon!" V nodded enthusiastically.

"Can I see the map?" You asked, getting worn out from all that walking. Rap Monster and Jimin had texted you to ask where were the both of you. V reluctanly passed it to you, his eyes widening and looking dejected.

"I think it's that way though, see, this part on this map is here." You pointed it out to him gently, wanting to preserve his dignity.

"Are you serious? I've always interpreted it the other way round!" V gasped, his face pulling a comical, exaggerated expression which made you chortle. His expressions were never the same and you wondered why with 43 facial muscles, he could do way more than the average human could do with his facial expressions.

"It's okay, I wasn't sure just now too." You assured him, smiling at his cluelessness, which was honestly child-like and refreshing. You have never met a boy so originally fresh like that- he had such a beagle personality, it invigorated you yet at the same time, it reminded you so much of your puppy Kyungie that you were getting homesick. When you thought of that intimate encounter just now, it made you shiver and try to get it out of your mind. Friends. That's all we are and I'm happy with that. 

When the both of you finally reached there, all the boys came to welcome the both of you- it seemed like they haven't begun yet and was waiting. 

"I'm really sorry," You immediately apologised very sincerely to them as you and V went to sit at the alley they had booked. "You guys should have started first."

"Hello to you too, Ari," Suga mused, throwing the bowling ball from one hand to another. J-Hope did a wriggly dance in greeting- that boy never ran out of energy and sunshine. Jimin had rose to his feet and was smiling at you uncontrollably but when he saw V, he ran over to him and arm-wrestled his neck. Rap Monster patted your head as a form of welcome and Jin smiled at you from his seat, nodding his head in greeting, but he seemed to be deep in thought with his brow furrowed.

Jungkook... Jungkook was sitting at the far end of the seats, watching other people bowl. All of them were dressed really nicely, including V and you felt yourself blush when you recalled that V saw you in your tacky childish pyjamas. You felt a lump in your throat.

"So what was keeping the two of you?" Rap Monster teased. "Yah, it has been half an hour already!" J-Hope added.

"We went to get ice-cream and frolicked around." V grinned mischeviously, his eyes glinting from behind his bangs.

"No! No we didn't!" You immediately protested just as Jimin cried out and the rest of the boys except Jungkook sat up straight in their seats in shock. "Don't lie, Tae!"

"Nah, kidding. We were at her dorm." V snickered lazily as he leaned back on his seat.

"What!?" Jin gasped, rising to his feet and his face coloured and he sat back down when you glanced over at him. "I swear I'm going to kill you!" Jimin complained, looking shell-shocked.

"He was helping me with unpacking-" You quickly added, feeling yourself heat up in embarrassment and Rap Monster chuckled, saving you, "We'll grill you later. We can start playing now."

You were sitting beside V, but then Suga stood up and dragged you over. "Ari, you're joining us. We need one more person in our team." And just like that, you were in the same team as Suga, Rap Monster and Jin and the others formed the other team. "Yah, you stole Ariri away!" V moaned in his deep voice, but Suga was having none of it- one look from him and V shut up instantly.

Jin gave you a small smile as you sat beside him cautiously, not sure if you should talk to him or not.

"Hey." He whispered over his shoulder to you and your facial expression softened immediately as you couldn't help but smile back. Jin's facial features made him look chic and cold, but there was something warm emnating from him, especially when he smiled and talked.

"I don't bowl very often," You confessed to Jin as Rap Monster stood up, being the first

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter