Out of the Water

Lost in the Ocean
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After discovering that the stranger could not speak, you assumed he acquired this disability while drowning. Bringing him to a doctor, not before buying him underwear and a new pair of pants, you were told he was perfectly healthy. That his inability to remember anything and to speak could be psychological, and that once he was ready to speak, he would. The doctor also made speaking appointments for the young man, hoping to speed up the process.

You had taken him to the police station soon after, hoping to see if there was a missing person or a report, but there was nothing. You tried leaving him there, since you’ve done everything you could, but he gave you a panic looked and tried to follow you when you tried to leave, causing you to tell the police officers you were going to try and find out where he lived.

Asking the young man where he lived once more, you were greeted with silence again. You and the blue-haired man were at your favorite café, where you bought him a cup of coffee. Watching him, you noticed the way he furrowed his eyebrows as he held with the cup with his hands. Leaning his head closer to the drink, he stared at you, as if asking what to do next.

Sighing, you picked up your cup of coffee and blew at it, hoping to cool it down. After cooling it down, you placed the cup to your lips, tilted it, and swallowed the coffee down.

Seeing your actions, Yoongi replicated them, thinking to himself what was this brown liquid. As soon as the hot coffee touched his tongue, he spat it out. Lightly sticking his tongue out, he scrunched his nose in distaste.

Looking at the mess in front of you, you were surprised that the coffee did not land anywhere on you. Sighing once again, you grabbed napkins from the napkin dispenser and cleaned up the coffee on the table.

After cleaning, you placed the soiled napkins on a random spot on the table. You turned towards the stranger. “You didn’t like it?”

Knowing full well he could understand you, just not speak, he nodded his head.

“Is that a yes or a no?” You asked.

He just pointed at the coffee.

“Nod your head if you liked it, or shake your head left and right if you didn’t,” you said, hoping to get a clearer response.

You watched him nod his head. If he liked it, then why did he spit it out? Then it hit you. He must not have cooled it off enough. Grabbing his cup, you brought it near you and blew. Once you knew it was cool enough, you gave it back to him.

You watched him hesitantly bring the drink to his mouth before carefully tasting the coffee. After knowing it was not hot anymore, you watched him down the coffee in a couple of gulps. Finishing the drink, you saw him place the empty cup on the table, staring at you innocently.

Deciding to ask again, you questioned, “Where do you live? Do you have anybody I could call?”

Remembering what you said about nodding and shaking his head for an answer, Yoongi shook his head no.

You sighed. Where was he going to stay at? It was obvious he did not have money for a hotel, since he could not even pay for the doctor’s bill. And you were not so lenient on having some random stranger stay with you, especially a male one. Thinking back to when you first met the young man, you blushed thinking about how he was not wearing any pants or underwear for that matter.

Looking over him again, you realized he was more like a child than a young man. A good looking one, but a child nonetheless. Letting a sigh escape you, you knew you could not let this man without a home. And even if you did, he followed you everywhere with a slight panic look in his eyes.

“Okay, let’s go,” you said, while grabbing your drink. Mimicking you, Yoongi grabbed his empty cup as well. Making your way to the trashcan, you grabbed Yoongi’s cup and threw it in. He was about to reach for yours, when you gently lowered his hands.

“I’m not done with it,” you explained, smiling softly.

Yoongi could only stare at your smile, and think about how beautiful you looked. He only saw that smile whenever you painted, and it was from a far way place too. Seeing your smile up close made butterflies erupt in his stomach, and he felt heat creep up his cheeks.

Looking at his cute reaction, you grabbed onto his hands and pulled him out of the café. Holding him by the hand, you led him all the way to your apartment. Once you made it to your front door, you opened it and steered him inside.

“Well, welcome to mi casa.” You said, while twirling around with your arms outstretched.

Yoongi stared at your apartment with wonder and fasc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter