Lost in the Ocean

Lost in the Ocean
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You were walking by the ocean’s shore like every other day, leaving the same dents on the smooth white sand. You decided to lay down on the sand, with your limbs limp at your sides, and stare yearningly at the moving clouds in the dark and spacious sky.

You gradually lift a hand, and watch as it covers the shining stars. You felt the cool air nip at your skin as you decide to sit upright and gaze at the waves slowly rippling away at the distance. You close your eyes, trying to relish on the sound each crashing wave creates. A lone tear slowly escapes from your eyes, but is soon accompanied by many others.

You lay there on the sand, surrounding you as if trying to comfort you in a loving embrace, and you were glad that no one was around to see you crumble. But what you did not know was that you were not alone.

In the crystal blue waters of the ocean, a light blue-colored head of hair was peeking through, observing at you. His brown eyes never left your silhouette, as he watched your every move as you stood up and walked away.  After making sure you left, he elegantly dived under water, his tail soon following.

It was not the first time he watched you. Every single time you visited the beach, he was there, viewing your every action.

At first, it was merely out of curiosity, since he never saw a human before. All the other mermaids and mermen kept telling him to avoid humans at all costs and that humans will cause the mermaids and mermen to turn to foam.

But he did not see anything wrong with just observing. When he first saw you, he immediately hid below the shallow waters. He waited and waited for something chaotic to happen, thinking his existence was exposed, but that was not the case. He slowly brought his head out of the calming waves and looked.

You were sitting on the sand, with your legs tucked underneath you, while you raked a hand through the sand.

His eyes followed your every movement, from the way you let the sand slip through your fingers and the way you placed a strand of hair behind your ear. For some strange reason, he could not keep his gaze off of you.

After watching you leave, he dove under and swam away. Yoongi did not know what came over him, but the next day, he arrived where he first spotted you, as the same time as yesterday. To his amusement, he saw you there again.

But this time, you brought things he has never seen before. He just watched you as you painted away with small and long , him questioning what your actions indicated. After you were done, and you moved out of the way, that was when he saw it.

He watched you take a picture of the lowering sun and was surprised to see that you created an identical picture of the sunset in front of both of you. Yoongi swam closer, and got a better look at what you made. The color and details blew his mind away.

How could a human create something so beautiful out of nothing?

Yoongi removed his gaze from your painting to you. You were standing there with your arms behind your back, and you started to hum. You started to twirl and dance to the rhythm of your humming, and Yoongi could not pull his eyes away.

He did not know why, but watching you for a couple of days, he realized how fast his heart started to palpitate whenever

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter