Not Raining

Not Raining

It wasn’t raining outside, or at least that’s what Jongin said. He had spent the better part of the day in the dance room with no windows or other ways of seeing outside. So when Sehun came into the room carrying wet clothes, Jongin laughed at his “stupidity for trying to wash his clothes in the bathroom sink.” Sehun just glared at him thinking he was making a joke.

 

The rest of the practice went smoothly meaning they were let out earlier than usual. Sehun tried to warn Jongin of the water pelting from the sky above but Jongin just laughed.

 

“It’s not raining, silly. We would have heard it,” he said.

 

Sehun looked more confused than anyone Jongin had ever seen.

 

“Yeah it is, I promise. I got stuck in it that’s why I was late for practice.”

 

Jongin just shook his head with a smile, picked up his stuff, and walked out of the room. Sehun watched him go and then picked up his own things and headed out.

 

As Sehun entered the lobby of the building he caught sight of Jongin staring out the glass front with his mouth open. Sehun walked up and put a hand under his chin, closing his gaping lips.

 

“Told you,” he said, walking forward to grab the umbrella waiting in the holder by the doors.

 

“I can’t even see the street and we’re right beside it,” Jongin said. “How are we supposed to find our way home?”

 

Sehun just shrugged.

 

“I guess we’ll have to figure it out as we go along.”

Sehun held out his arm to Jongin, prompting him to link arms. Jongin turned to Sehun, looked down at the arm being offered, and linked his own arm through it.

“We are going to get so lost,” Jongin said, looking back out at the rain obscuring everything past the glass doors.

 

Sehun just shrugged.

 

“We’ll be together though. And hey, I made it here, right? We can find our way through it.”

 

Jongin just looked at him incredulously.

 

“Hey it’s your life too,” he said as the two stepped out into the pelting water.