Part VII

All The Weird Things

Moonbyul sighed for the nth time that morning. Her head hurts, she’s sleepy and it doesn’t help that she still has to study for a science quiz later that afternoon. Hwasa and Wheein already left for their classes and it’s about half an hour till her English starts. Half an hour till she sees Solar and truth be told, she doesn’t know how she’ll approach the older girl.

This fight was so different with the other fights they usually had before. But in Moonbyul’s defence, she’s not really fighting Solar, not even close to that, it’s just Solar who is mad at her, avoids her and doesn’t want to talk to her. Well, it’s actually the first time that someone else was involved.

Groaning, she buried her head on her book yet again.

She felt like she’s not in any mood or even in the right mind to go through the day. The urge to go home and just sleep her hangover away sounds very enticing, if only she’s not thinking of seeing Solar, she would not even leave her bed in the first place.

“Hangover?”

Moonbyul raised her head and found Krystal towering beside her with a paper cup in hand. “Thought you might need some of this.” Wheein’s step sister handed her the cup which she gladly took.

“Tea?”

“Yeah. It’s good for hangover.” Krystal reached out to straighten out the Moonbyul’s eyebrows. “ Rough night? Did Wheein made you drink all the alcohol?”

If not for Solar who just happened to, oh so conveniently, passed them by Moonbyul would’ve been thankful for the tea and the concern and affection that was written on the younger Jung is giving her; but she can’t because Solar seemed pretty pissed off seeing them together, not to mention being  affectionate and all, that early in the morning.

“Krystal, I’m so sorry. I just… I have to go.” Putting the cup down and collecting her things, Moonbyul ran after her friend.

“Solar, Wait up. Wait… Come on Yongsun, wait up.” She called over Solar over and over again as she run till she managed to caught up to her friend.

With fingers curling around wrist and a forceful pull, Moonbyul yanked Solar into her arms. “It’s not what you think, okay?” She doesn’t know why she’s explaining, but she just doesn’t want Solar to think anything about her and Krystal, because there isn’t anything between them. There’s nothing between them.

Moonbyul can feel eyes on her, so she looked around and saw other students looking at her and her friend like they were doing something they’re not supposed to do. Realizing that pulling Solar in her arms kind of caused such a scene, she took a step back but did not let go of Solar’s hand. “Can we talk?”

Solar was red as a tomato, Moonbyul noticed at least that much.

With a tiny nod, Solar asked back, “Can we talk later after class?”

“Sure, later.”

It was after Solar left that Moonbyul realized that she doesn’t exactly know what she’s going to talk about with her friend; if it’s the accidental kiss that happened days ago, the tea incident earlier with Krystal or if it’s the feelings that Solar has for her and how it’s basically driving Moonbyul insane because for one, she still can’t believe that Solar is in love with her and two, what is she supposed to do about it?