Part VI

All The Weird Things

Moonbyul was a mess; she's sleepy and groggy, and her head feels like it's about to explode. She hates going to school the day after she gets hammered, but since it's Monday and she has her English class, she'll be able to see Solar - and god knows how much she missed Solar; so she begrudgudgingly collected herself from the floor and into the shower she washed the remaining scent of alcohol off her.

"Hangover huh?" Hwasa scooted next to her on their favorite spot on the quadrangle, placing her things atop the bench table. "Did you manage to go to your class?" Her friend asked as she poked the back of her head.

She groaned back and nodded her head as she burried her head more into her book.

"Have you talked to her? Is she still avoiding you?" It wasnt really a question, more like a 'you screwed up and she's still upset so go ing fix it' kind of comment. 

She groaned again before propping up her head over her palm. "How long do you think she's going to be like this?"

"I dont know Moon Byulyi, I guess when she gets over you?" She can hear her friend's sarcastic yet serious tone and the fact that she just called her with her whole name, added more gravity to the matter.

"But I didnt ask for her to like me in the first place." She heaved a sigh and burried her face on her book again.

"And you think she did?". That caught Monbyul off guard. She had totally forgotten that Solar had been secretly in love with her for years now and had been really careful not to show it while dealing with her being so oblivious about it all at the same time. It mustve been really hard for her - and now she feels bad. Damn it. 

"Moonbyul, whatever happened, happened. Whether you like it or not, she's in love with you and she's hurt. I know it's not your fault and you did not mean any of it. And I also know that the last thing you want is to hurt her, but when someone loves, they tend to get hurt easily regardless of whatever reasons, intentional or not. I'm not saying it's your fault but we can't blame Solar here either, she just happened to be in love with you and you might think she's exxagerating and all, but when you love, you tend to use more your heart than your mind." She glanced over to Hwasa who was too immersed on her phone, probaby playing some game to pass the time, and she knew her friend was right. Hwasa has a point.

"How can I fix things? It's like Im losing her in each passing day and I dont want that to happen." And it's the truth. Solar has been her friend for ages and she cannot imagine being without her; the couple of days had already been hard as it is. Losing Solar means losing a part of herself, it scares her.

"You cant fix something that isn't broken, you know." It was Wheein who just decided to join them on their bench.

Moonbyul rasied her head to look up at her friend who looked entirely contradictory to her - fresh, poised and doesnt looked like she drunk bottles of soju to the rim.

"How come you looked okay? Didnt we drink the same alcohol last night?" She took notice.

"Well unlike you, I know how to handle myself." 

"Yeah, tell that to yourself last night when you ki--" And Moonbyul cut her sentenced mid way when she remembered that Wheein tends to forget things when she's drunk, and last night's incident is no different. She probably dont even remember their conversation, more so the kiss.

"When I what?" 

"When you keep insisting how stupid of me for not noticing Solar's feelings." Moonbyul sighed in relief. She already had so much in her plate and she doesnt want to complicate things even more by adding Wheein to the equation. One Krystal Jung plus one  Solar Kim is complicated already as it is; adding one more Jung will be catastrophic.

"Well you kind of are, so...." Hwasa butted in, matter-of-factly.

"I know I screwed up, Okay? I screwed up big this time. You can atleast help me fix it." Moonbyul said, exhasperated. She doesnt know what to do yet she's quite certain that if she doesn't start doing anything, she'll really lose Solar.

"And again, like I said, you can't fix something that isnt broken." Wheein smiled at her and for the second time, Moonbyul realized that her friend is right. Wheein has a point.