The Stupid Bunny

Cute And Mute

 

 

 

Ryeowook’s POV

 

The school ended quite normally. The friends I have made do invited me and even tried to drag me to follow them to the cafe they usually hang out, but nicely; I declined them. Not that I’m being withdrawn or anything, it is just that my house still need a cleanup from the boxes piling up in my living room.

Walking alone through the housing area, the walk path is wet from the heavy rain which stopped around thirty minutes ago. This town is totally a new air for me. Rather than the busy Seoul, over here is much more calming and quiet. Well, even though there’s a dark part of it, still it is a good town for me. I took a deep breath, looking to my right. Another thing about this town is how the houses are painted with colourful paints making the scenery so bright and cheerful. However, my observation was interrupted by slow footsteps that I can hear behind me. Being a mute really does help me a lot in my sense of hearing.

I looked to my back, but found no one. But, it is impossible since I am never wrong in hearing. Walking another two steps, I looked back again and still, no one is there. In this situation, whoever it is whether a nice looking woman, or a buff man or a genius would start to imagine some malicious things over their head. And I am not excluded from that particular character. And what's more, the serial killer taking-eyes-as-souvenir story has been very popular over here that made my mind purred into wild imagination. What if now I am a target too? What should I do?

Those questions flashing fast into my head, I felt like screaming but it would be damn funny if I try. So, once again, I try to look behind me and once again, NO ONE!

This is bad. I should run. So, I decide to do so. Getting my breath ready I run for it, and yes, I can hear the foot steps behind me also running. My hands becomes sweaty over the fear, I am seriously in bad trouble. What should I do?! Feeling that I will burst into tears at any moment,  I took a brave resolution and looked back just to find, “Ryeowook!” Kyuhyun who is waving at me, with his bag slingshot by his shoulders. Feeling all my world suddenly saved and thrilled, as Kyuhyun reached me, my tears that I have been holding poured out like there’s no tomorrow. This is embarrassing but I was so freaking scared and seeing that smiling face, sent me to a very sudden relief. I guess each of you do know that feeling.

Kyuhyun however fell into a panic mode when he saw my reaction. His already big brown eyes widened and quickly he tried to peek for my wet face and one hand tapping me by my shoulder. “Why? What happened? Someone hurt you? Who? I will kill him!” Kyuhyun made some taekwondo moves that I am not really sure is one hundred percent correct.

It's you, idiot! My mind yelled but yeah only the mind. But my fear that has took over me really made me paid a lot when my tears keep rolling onto my cheeks. Kyuhyun stopped his antics and pouted a little. “Okay, okay, just cry. I will bring you home. Just cry until you feel okay.” Kyuhyun said, grabbing my hand. With that he dragged me softly, just both of us walking by the path. Well, this is quite sweet.

Idiot Kyuhyun. I will hit him by the head if not for his handsomeness.

 

Kyuhyun’s POV.

 

From the school entrance I can see Ryeowook and the others separated by the school gate. What the hell? Weren’t they saying about hanging out at the cafe today? And Ryeowook ended up walking alone. With fast pace I reached the guys and girls which are laughing over something that I don't particularly know.

“Hey, where's Ryeowook? He doesn’t join us?” I asked. All of them looked at me and shook their head.

“He said, I have a house to clean.” Sungmin replied, while clipping another bunny clipper for his bang.

“Let's go, I’ve called Teuki hyung for our meal. Early order.” Siwon said, referring to the cafe’s owner, Leeteuk.

But my mind has a second thought. “Nope. I'm gonna pass today. Got something important.” With that I run away from the whining group and took the left turn from the traffic light. From far I can see a petite body walking slowly with his hands that I believed hidden inside his jacket. With that I decided to play a joke. Let's play spy game.

Being about two meters away from him, I just keep following, not intending to interrupt his mesmerizing fascination over the surrounding; I guess. But then suddenly he stopped. With that, I quickly hide in between the small alley of houses. Feeling that he is no longer looking, I tried to follow him again when suddenly he looked behind again. ! I'm freaking fast! I wasn’t caught for sure.

But suddenly, he started running, just like what he did this morning. Not wasting any time, I followed behind him and at the call of his name, he stopped. “Ryeowook!”

Ryeowook looked at me, catching his breath. His eyes widened and as I approached him, unexpectedly he started crying without any notice. This sent me to a direct panic mode. I am panic!

“Why? What happened? Someone hurt you? Who? I will kill him!” I said with full confidence. Well, I am not joking since I am totally into protective mode as well. However, Ryeowook just look at me with his teary eyes. Well, that makes me a bit nervous. My my my, very nervous.

But, immediately I washed that dirty thought of mine away and decided that maybe Ryeowook is just frustrated by the new surroundings. He could be though; he might miss the old place. Maybe...?

“Okay, okay, just cry. I will bring you home. Just cry until you feel okay.” I said, grabbing his hand and we started to walk together. Soft sniffles can be heard from Ryeowook and I found it's adorably cute that I can't bring myself to look at him. Oh my, I guess its not totally washed away; my nervous dirty little mind.

 

.......................................................................

 

Ryeowook opened the door of his house. His cries stopped until just five minutes ago. I still don’t really know the reason of his sudden sadness but yeah, I guess I will just ask him once we are inside. Without asking permission, which is totally my style, I entered the house. Not that Ryeowook gave any retaliation over that, or maybe he just couldn’t.

Ryeowook put down his bag onto the small peach couch and wiped his face with the tissue he has by the small table next to the couch. “Where's water?” I asked and Ryeowook pointed towards the kitchen. Immediately, I reached for the glass, filling it up and run slightly towards Ryeowook just to offer him the water as I sit next to him. Ryeowook sniffled a little and gulped down the water. His nose is red from the crying scene he has made. That's beautiful...

“So, care to tell why the sudden outburst?” I asked, not wasting anytime for my building up curiosity.

Ryeowook looked to his side, the small table also has a notebook and a pen on it. I guess it is true that the curiosity killed the cat when the reply sent me a bit out off guard.

You freaked me out!!!

Whoa, he even included three exclamation marks. I laughed awkwardly over that, scratching my head in sense of guilt. Well, turns out I am the criminal. “Because I followed you?”

Ryeowook nodded. I thought you are the serial killer. I thought I'm gonna die.

I burst into a sudden laugh. “Well, if I am the killer, wouldn’t it be a great death? An honor? To be killed by a guy as handsome as me.” For that, I received a notebook punch on my forehead. Ryeowook looked at me with his piercing eyes. “I'm just joking!”

I was totally freaked out. Don't do that anymore. It's a bad habit. Ryeowook wrote, his writing does shows his anger.

Looking at his pouting face, I can't help but to chuckle. “Okay, okay. No more. I will just stalk you from your side.” Ryeowook once again looked at me with that expressionless face. And within seconds, his face tuned completely red. And me being me, I pulled him into my hug, patting his back as an assurance. “Don't cry anymore okay. It's cute but I like the not crying Ryeowook better.”

After that, I run out of things to say. And now that noticed it, I am hugging Ryeowook. And quite tight at that. With that thought, my heart started to beat fast again, I can sense the pulsating nervousness building up again causing my throat to be itchy. My mind too for sure.

I released the hug slowly, cleared my throat and Ryeowook just being Ryeowook as he lowered his head. “Oh my blessed God, it's hot today.” I said, covering up my real sensual feeling. ! I'm in trouble.

Ryeowook however reached the glass and handed it over to me. I took the glass and gulped down the whole water left in it.

But, I don't think today is that hot.

I tried to fake a laugh. “I am a hot person. I am a hot blooded man.” Well, that's a very lame reply.

Well, you can turn on the air-con if you want. Ryeowook looked at me with his head titled sideway. My my my, stop it. my teenagers blood is boiling to the pit.

“I don"t need it. It's okay.” I denied. I must be fast, I must be quick in changing the topic if not, it will turn out weird. And my eyes caught the boxes. “So, those are quite a lot of things you have.” Ryeowook shifted his attention to the boxes too. Yeah! Good change of topic. “Do you need help in sorting them? What are they though?”

Ryeowook gave me a small smile. He quickly headed towards the boxes, and grabbed one of them to bring it to the couch. His small body was lifting it in difficulties until I lend him a hand. Opening the box, numerous books are revealed.

“Books?”

Ryeowook nodded. He reached the notebook and write again. My favourite books.

I looked towards the others boxes, around six of them. “Don't tell me those are books also?”

Ryeowook smiled. Of course they are. I read alot.

I awed in silent. Even though I am quite a genius, please take a quick note of that, I never had that much books. All I had is my notes from classes and the internet. “You like reading huh?” I said,picking up one of the book, titled The Little Prince.

Ryeowook’s eyes suddenly shines. Yes, really. That's all I can do afterall.

I don't know why, but that statement made me feel lonely instead. Reading all these books, living alone, and that's it. That is freaking lonely. “Hey, tomorrow just hang out with us.” I thought of an idea. Ryeowook’s face scrunched; maybe questioning my sudden suggestion. “Well, people are better than books. And so you know, we are not boring.” I winked as I ended the sentence.

Once again, blush crept onto Ryeowook’s cheeks, he decided to just nod and shifted his attention towards the books. “And Ryeowook.” I called him, standing right behind him, close.

He turned around without hesitation and that's when I know that this is such a bad move. Our eyes met and my eyes being naughty, they even travelled towards the small pair of lips. “Gosh bad move.” I blurted out. Because of that, Ryeowook made a questioning face. “Seriously a bad move.” And that face sent me to my ultimate nervousness as I decided to just sit on the couch, and sing the Twinkle Twinkle Little Star song.

 

Ryeowook’s POV

 

After about two hours, with the help of Kyuhyun; even though all he does is lining up around ten books and singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, we managed to arrange all of the books onto the bookshelves. With a reluctant heart, I am now sending Kyuhyun away at the door when another student appeared by the door next to mine.

“Ohh, Dohyun.” Kyuhyun said it first.

Dohyun, the second year student who saved me at the school bowed towards Kyuhyun. “Oh Kyuhyun-sunbae. What are you doing here? Where are the others?” Dohyun asked.

Kyuhyun pointed at me. “This is his house.  And others just hanging out until night again, I guess. By the way you know him right? He is my classmate.”

Dohyun looked at me, a bit shocked. “You are a senior? I thought you are a freshman.” He said, scratching his head. “Sorry for my rudeness earlier.”

I shook my head in denial. Quickly, I get back into the house, grabbing my notebook. You are not rude. And thank you for your help.

Donhyun nodded. “It's nothing. It's a coincidence that I was there.”

“Now that it was a coincidence, how about this? What are you doing here?” Kyuhyun asked.

Donhyun smiled. “I live here.” he said, pointing at his door. “I guess we are neighbours...hmm sunbae.” He said looking at me.

I nodded. It's Ryeowook. Kim Ryeowook. I introduced myself.

“Yeah Ryeowook-sunbae.” Dohyun nodded.

In a second, I remembered something. For that I rushed again, into my house, reaching the refrigerator. I get the fresh flavoured rice cake out of the fridge and quickly ran outside. In flash, I handed them to Dohyun.

Dohyun looked at me weirdly. “This is...”

Rice cakes. The greeting gifts for the new neighbours. I replied.

“Ohhh, thank you sunbae.” Dohyun said, nodding.

Kyuhyun then looked at me; frowning. I lifted an eyebrow as questioning him of his sudden change in attitude. “Where's mine?”

I shook my head. It's for neighbours.

Kyuhyun turned bewildered. “Gosh, neighbours only? Them what am I? I helped you arrange your books. I should get a gift too.”

Yeah ten of them. I replied.

“Ten books are heavy you know.” Kyuhyun stuck out his tongue at me.

I guess you are not that strong as I thought you were.

“Geez....you talk too much!” Kyuhyun stopped abruptly. “I mean, you write too much! Just give me something.” His demanding act sent me to the edge. Seriously, now that I think again he is quite childish. Looking at his pout, I can't resist to find myself rummaged through the fridge and get my hands full with rice cakes for the second times.

Kyuhyun received them, but still his face showed dissatisfaction. “It can’t be the same with his?” He asked, pointing at Dohyun who is still standing, watching all of this.

They are different. I looked away.

“What's different? It looks the same.” Kyuhyun retorted. And within that I can hear small chuckles from Dohyun.

Yours are honey filled. I revealed.

Kyuhyun’s eyes glistened upon that. His pouting face turned into a smiling face in an instance. “Well, that's good.”

Donhyun clearing his throat reminded us of his presence. “Well, sunbae I'm going in first.” He said, bowing.

Kyuhyun nodded. “Hmm okay. But I have a request.”

“Yes, what is it?”

“Since you are neighbours and all, please take care of this guy here okay?” Kyuhyun said, his arms wrapped me over my shoulder.

Dohyun smiled. “Of course I will. I will take care of him really well.” He said, again bowed slightly before opening his door. “Good evening sunbae.” And Dohyun is gone from our sight.

I shoved Kyuhyun’s arm around me. I can take care of myself. I wrote.

Kyuhyun chuckled. His stance got straight and slowly his nearing self sent me to collide with the wall. And without being able to escape, Kyuhyun’s free hand landed on the wall next to my ear. “Well I meant for him to take care of you from me. I am the killer afterall.” Kyuhyun smirked.

I know that he is joking but this guy is making me nervous all of sudden. I can feel my cheeks burning from the very close interaction with him. Feeling embarrassed, I pushed him softly and quickly got into my house, closed the door without saying goodbye. I wrote a note and slipped it under the door. I touched my cheeks, feeling them hot from Kyuhyun’s act. Get yourself together Ryeowook. Idiot Kyuhyun!

 

Kyuhyun’s POV

 

Ryeowook swiftly closed the door. I never had it in my mind to do what I just did but the fact that I did it makes me want to explode. Only God knows how my heart has been beating when our faces are so close from each other. His eyes, small nose, his lips, everything is just freaking perfect. Tapping my cheek, I noticed a note appeared from under the door and immediately picked it up.

Thank you for today and enjoy the honey rice cake. And don't freak me out again, you are too good to be a killer.

Well, that.....

“God, it's hot.” I jumped a bit. “It's freaking hot.” And again, I sang the Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

Singing, I looked at the door, feeling a bit grateful that it was raining this morning. I guess, there really is a rainbow after a freaking rain. A cute beautiful rainbow.

 

Sungmin’s POV

 

It's night already. Hanging out with those kids always made me unnoticed of the flowing time. Ridiculously, I think nowadays the time has been running too quickly. And my father used to say, the faster you think time is, the nearer you are to your death. Gosh, what a up philosophy he has. Walking with the street light as my buddies right now is not that unpleasant. Sometimes this silence is all what I need. And tonight, it is extremely silent and that thought send me goosebumps for awhile.

“La la la... beautiful...” I sang. The stores all already closed and with only me living in the east area, made me to have to walk alone. Unexpectedly, my phone received a text and a message from Yesung appeared. Yesung is one of the managers at Teuki hyung’s cafe. And he is one of the reasons that I find it is not that troublesome to hang out with those loud kids at the first place. Even though, I know, well maybe from his looks he might have a crush on me, still a high school student like me, an underage might make him burdened by it. Therefore, I decided to wait, until I graduated.

“Well, good night to you to darling.” I replied the text, of course without the darling.

Nearing a lamp post, the street light suddenly flickered. Well, tha'ts scary as . Suddenly I felt a bit intimidated and self aware. Not knowing why, but my instinct is telling me about some ty things that gonna happen. With that, when I looked at the shadow caused by the street light, I noticed another figure besides my shadow. Reflexively, I turned around, just to be hit by a rod.

A bit unconscious, I felt myself being dragged. Now, it's totally dark and eventhough I tried, I can't even illustrate the shape of my attacker. When I was learning the taekwondo, supposedly the master said that the art may protect us from danger, from harm but I guess it is not totally true. Well, unless it can give us the psychic ability, then it will be useful. Now, I can't even lift my finger, my head throb and I can feel the hot liquid gushing out from the open wound.

“Don't worry, it wouldn’t hurt.” A slurred voice reached my ears, a hand rubbing onto my skin. The whispered voice sounded disgusting to me that I decided to make a full spite for it.

“Go to hell.” I retorted.

A slap sent me to sudden flip of head. That was harsh! The maniac grabbed me by my collar, trapped me in between his legs. “You should go to hell!” He banged my head to the tarred floor. “People like you, that make people took a pity at you! Love you like hell! People like you should go to hell!”

Knowing full well, that now I am the sixth victims of the serial murder, I can't help my pride to boost through my freaking weak body. “ing retard. Guess that's all you are worth for.” I replied. Well, my mouth couldn’t save me now, why not make a full use of it.

With that I know my life is surely short, my pain escalated as he violated it without hindrance.

However ignoring that, if only I knew this would happen, I would have confessed to him. If only I knew, I wouldn’t want to wait at all. If only I knew, I would have spent my all time just to see him. If only I knew, to Yesung, I would have tell him how much I love him. God, if only I knew it.

But I guess it is too freaking late. Certainly, I am a stupid bunny

 

 

 


i updated it fast since this week might be a busy week for me. i might not be able to update it within this week so thats why two chapters in a day.