fin

Your Mouth is Magic

 

The turning point in Luhan’s love life didn’t happen with a bang, did not require meeting someone new or mysterious, and did not need to be in somewhere perfect and sparkly. It happened while he and Minseok, his unholy friend, was stacking cereals in his food cabinet and talking about the same topic, Sehun, the love of his life. It happened so normal he did not even realize that it was happening.

Sehun is Luhan’s love since Paleolithic period not to mention he is his friend since ice age. No one suffers best but Minseok as he listen to those repeating rants about Sehun finding someone else, pursuing another undeserving ugly es or having another heartbreak, etcetera.

It was sad to think because Luhan is not that subtle in showing his overflowing feels, hell, in fact; he rains hints of his undying love for Sehun but it was Sehun that’s so dense his head can break a diamond.

“Hey Minseok, are you listening!? I’m talking here about Sehun’s new pursuit of someone else’s and you’re spacing out in me?” Luhan is angry, eating some cereals while pouting.

Minseok sighs. Being friend with someone who has undying one-sided love is very tiring; really, listening to same repeating words again and again is draining. But it’s just Luhan’s love is so strong not even a hurricane or an earthquake can break it.

Minseok snatches the box of cereals from Luhan’s hand to eat some. “Yeah, and when did I sell my soul to you to hear you rant about Sehun this and that? It’s been how many years, two years? If you can’t confess, just give up already.” Minseok snickers.

Luhan dramatically gasps. Minseok never talks back like that, in fact he never talk at all whenever he is ranting about Sehun. He doesn’t care if Minseok doesn’t really listen; he just needed someone to bother with his overflowing love.

“You know what you’re saying is impossible, right? It’s just… Sehun just doesn’t realize he is in love with me.” Luhan exclaimed.

Minseok chokes “Wow, some confidence you have there.”

Luhan squints his eyes as Minseok innocently continue eating cereal.

“He loves me. Why can’t you just accept that? What kind of ungrateful friend you are!” Luhan waved his hand on Minseok’s face.

Minseok stopped munching and looks at Luhan. He has his cunning smile that Luhan well knew that his demon of a friend is up to no good.

“Well, why not make him jealous to make him realize that love you’re talking about? “ Minseok said leaning closer to Luhan. Their faces are only inches apart.

“Y-yeah. But how?” Luhan stutter, his heart racing. He leaned back to distance his face from Minseok’s.

Minseok retreats and munch another handful of cereals. He paused for a moment as if thinking. Luhan’s heartbeat can be heard throughout the Pacific Ocean. He is honestly, truthfully, certainly, afraid of what Minseok is thinking. Well, Minseok earned his reputation of being a prankster and live with it.

Luhan’s breath hitched when Minseok suddenly speak.

“How about I kiss you in front of him and then if he reacts in rage or in confusion or anything that sounds like jealous then you’re right, he’s in love with you. Don’t worry and let’s be professional about this, besides I’m the one who will lose face if Sehun punch me after kissing you, right?”

Luhan chokes. He have ten thousands of thoughts everyday but kissing Minseok is never one of them, well maybe he thought about it in his past before he devoted his body and soul to Sehun, and maybe he thinks of it sometime if ‘sometime’ means almost never.

Luhan thinks the pros and cons of kissing his bestfriend. There were a hundred of cons and only two pros but the weight of those two pros surpassed all those cons combined, so yeah…he agreed. Besides, he really, really wants to know how Sehun will react and maybe, he has a teeny tiny, very little, absolutely ultramicroscopic interest of how Minseok’s kiss felt like.

 

 

Minseok came to him next evening urging him that they should practice their kiss, ‘to make it more believable’ is what his friend said.

“Tsk Luhan…You’re my friend and this kiss is nothing compared to that night that you let me scratch your because your hands were drench in chili oil. If you can’t remember that night, that was when you made me your personal tissue; I swear my favorite shirt still smell like your drool and mucus from too much crying.”

Of course he remembers that night, Minseok never let him forget, in fact, Minseok repeat that story every opportunity he has. What Luhan think is that Minseok must be grateful, his is ing perfect.

Not long after, He gave in to Minseok, that man can be so persuasive. Besides, he doesn’t want to hear more of those torturous stories about his embarrassing life.

He doesn’t need to worry… he thinks. It’s not his first kiss or second kiss. He had flings before so he has confidence in his kissing. Besides, kissing Minseok is just like kissing a dog so he wouldn’t have to worry… really.

A moment later, he found himself sitting in front of Minseok, looking at him in the eye. His heartbeats becomes faster and louder. Miseok smiles and his heart start skipping beats. He doesn’t know how Minseok did it, but whatever it is; it’s definitely working on his poor heart.

“I don’t want you to back out the last moment so if you’re not comfortable you can close your eyes and imagine I’m Sehun.” Minseok whispered.

Something squeezed Luhan’s heart when Minseok said that. He doesn’t want to close his eyes but he can’t look on Minseok’s eyes.

The moment he closed his eyes, warm hands caressed his face. He wanted to lean to that touch but he felt he was cheating on Sehun so he restrained himself.

He felt something warm and soft on his lips and he went on spiral. He doesn’t remember what happened next but he found himself kissing Minseok back. He forgot anything (Sehun who?) because his damn friend is a ing good kisser. They separated leaving Luhan flushed and gasping for air; it was definitely not like kissing a dog (even if he has no idea how kissing a dog feels like).

 

 

When he saw Minseok next morning, the demon acted just like always, acting as if last night didn’t happen. Luhan feels irk inside him thinking why Minseok acted like his normal self while he was suffering for having too much thoughts about that casual and highly professional touch of their lips.

Now, his daily thousand thoughts were filled with Minseok and he felt so confuse.

 

Next time he and Minseok kissed, he felt more nervous, he is actually excited. He is anticipating the kiss.

When Minseok asked him if he was ready, he found it ing y and he just want to smash their lips and the air out of that sinful mouth. His head is spinning and he didn’t even know that his heartbeat could be so loud. He is hyperaware of everything about Minseok, his smell, his touch, his tongue.

When they parted to breath, he isn’t aware he followed Minseok’s lips as if asking for more. Minseok giggled and he was so embarrassed because what the hell is wrong with him? ‘It’s for Sehun’ he remind himself.

If it’s for Sehun, you’re kissing the wrong man. But it doesn’t feel wrong; in fact it is the only right thing he had done for a while. It feels so normal.

He became so irritated on Minseok for laughing so much. He wanted to hit his head on the wall maybe that will help remove this creeping feeling of confusion, maybe not confusion... but more of realization, and –something more.

“So what’s this? You’re offering to kiss anyone in need?” he said, irritation coated his tone.

He doesn’t understand why he is so annoyed right now. He felt betrayed. He was dying inside and Minseok is laughing while stomping on his heart.

When Minseok’s laughter subsided, he became solemn while looking on Luhan’s eyes and Luhan can’t even understand how his friend could be so beautiful.

“If only I knew that my kiss will make you swoon over me, I already did that long time ago, and I would have probably skip those times you broke my poor heart with your unending Sehun rants, saying that cursed name every after three words.”

Luhan lovingly glare at Minseok (that is- if one can glare lovingly), totally adorable while squinting his eyes and furrowing his eyebrows

“It’s your fault if I turn to you… your mouth is magic.”

Minseok smiled that kind of smile that will infect anyone and never fail to make Luhan feels like he ate thousand butterflies and they live happily in his stomach.

Minseok leaned on Luhan, whispering…

“Then kiss me again and we’ll be fairytale.”

 

 

 

___.

a/n: sorry.