The Day Before

Recovery
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyejeong opened her eyes.

Was it all a dream?
Did she really see Mina cut herself last night?

Many questions clouded her thoughts and her mind filled with worry and regret.

She should have stopped Mina from doing anything, maybe she could have figured out the exact reason why Mina was acting in such a way. Hyejeong turned her head to face Seolhyun, who was still in deep sleep. She gave her a kiss on the forehead and got up to get a glass of water to clear her mind.

Youkyung had woken up before anyone else, and was in the living room, performing some basic stretches and catching up on slight morning exercise.

She thought about the other members, wondering when they would wake up too.

"I suppose a life full of practicing and performing is a lot more tiresome than I thought," she thought to herself.

She had just finished stretching when Hyejeong had walked out of her room.

"Good morning, Jeong," Youkyung said
"Oh. Hi...," replied Hyejeong, emotionlessly.

Youkyung noticed, of course, Hyejeong's mood was not in the greatest condition. But she just attributed it to fatigue and followed the girl to the kitchen for some small talk.

"So, are you excited about the trip tomorrow?" asked Youkyung.
"Have you packed your things yet?"
"Hyejeong?"
"Hello?? Anybody there????"

Hyejeong simply was not in any mood to respond. Or rather, she would have, had she not been lost in thought once again. She wondered if she should tell the other members about Mina or not and accidentally poured too much water into the glass, overflowing the water and creating a mess.

"Yah! Shin Hyejeong!" Youkyung yelled. "Pay attention!"

Hyejeong finally came to her senses.

"Sorry!" Hyejeong exclaimed, frantically waving her hands in the air. "I just have a lot on my mind, that's all. I'll clean this all up!"
"I see you haven't woken up yet," Youkyung said with a smile. "Do you want to talk about it?"

Hyejeong looked up into Youkyung's eyes, then debated whether she should tell her the truth. Surely, if she was to tell anyone about Mina's cutting problem, it should be Youkyung. After all, the drummer was probably the most level-headed and understanding out of the entire group.

Hyejeong started to explain, "Well... Truth is, last night, I saw Mina-"

"AHH!!!!!!!!!"

Youkyung and Hyejeong turned their heads to Jimin, Yuna and Chanmi's room, where they had just heard someone scream. The door burst open, and out came Jimin and Chanmi, running full speed.

"YUNA-UNNIE PLEASE DON'T KILL US ~" Chanmi yelped.

"Oh, good morning! Hey, Youkyung, is it okay if Chanmi and I hide out in your room? Thanks!!!" Jimin asked, locking Chanmi and herself behind the safety of Youkyung's room before Youkyung even had a chance to answer them.

"I wonder what that was all about," Hyejeong wondered.

That is, until Yuna finally walked out of her room, drenched in water, wet from head to toe.

"What happened???" asked Youkyung.

"I... don't know..." Yuna stuttered, making her way to the restroom to dry herself off.

"Anyway, Youkyung, about Mina-" Hyejeong continued.

"Jeong! I'm really sorry, but I actually have to go right now. I promised some trainees that I'd help them learn the drums today, so I have to head out right now," Youkyung said, heading out to the company. "Be sure to tell me later, okay?"

"Alright... Be safe, unnie!"

Hyejeong drank her water, staring off into the distance. Should she tell the others too?

"Aish, Hyejeong," she said to herself, "It was probably just a dream. You should get yourself some breakfast first."

"Hey there, baby~"

Hyejeong was startled when someone had whispered into her ear. She turned around only to find her love, Seolhyun.

"Good morning to you too," Hyejeong chirped.

"Mhm, you too, unnie. Did you sleep well? I woke up in the middle of the night and you weren't there."

"Oh... I just uh- went to the restroom! Haha-"

"Hm I see... Anyway, are you excited about tomorrow?" Seolhyun asked, wrapping her arms around Hyejeong.

"Of course~ We get to have some alone time, finally."

"Can't wait," Seolhyun snickered. "Although, it does that I have to do work today."

"Today? Even though tomorrow is vacation day???"

"BECAUSE tomorrow is vacation day. Manager-unnie and I have to go out and work all day today..."

"Aw... Come here, let me see if I can give you some energy~" Hyejeong approached Seolhyun to peck her on the lips. As their lips connected, their contact only escalated until they were making out right there in the middle of the kitchen.

"Unnie please!!!"

"Manager-unnie, we really didn't mean any harm! How were we supposed to know we just walked in on you watching those-"

"SHUT UP! I'LL HAVE YOU BOTH GET YOUR MOUTHS TAPED UP IF YOU DON'T STOP!

Hyejeong and Seolhyun immediately pushed each other away in fear of the others finding out about their relationship. They walked out into the living room to see what all the commotion was about.

Apparently, Jimin and Chanmi had ran into Youkyung's room for safety, but little did they know that their manager, who also shares that room, was in the middle of something rather private. The manager, flushed with embarassment, grabbed the two other girls by the ear and dragged them out of her room.

"Good morning, Hyejeong and Seolhyun," the manager said. "Seolhyun, are you ready to go?"

"Mhm, unnie. Let me just get some juice."

As Seolhyun and the manager left to complete one last schedule, Hyejeong sighed. When will there ever be a day where Seolhyun and she could make love without having to worry about getting caught? Hyejeong sat down on the couch, where Jimin and Chanmi were massaging each other's ears.

"Ow... Manager-unnie is really strong," Cha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter