Chapter One

Children Of Gold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sky doesn’t cease to rumble, and so does the turmoil in Zufiel’s heart. How long has he been walking the Earth? Through the nature of their set and abided rules in heaven, they were not allowed to divulge of their rich ancestry and their mystical powers, he raises his chin to the rumbling sky, as dark clouds gather every inch of blue— Has his brothers forsaken him? 

 

—————

 

2016 01 02 

 

If  there was anything that could make Kyungsoo jump, it would be his alarm clock. It was a shrill ring that pulled him out of bed into the showers, as he groggily mistook body wash for shampoo— For the third time this week. He was a convenience store worker, working at a permanent 9-5 shift that required heavy labour such as restocking shelves and returning the misplaced items into their correct shelf and aisle, which proved to be tiring and hideous on his petite figure. 

 

He enters the store with a familiar jingle from the bells hanging above, as he slugs his way through the counter into his designated seat. Right there and then he starts his countdown, Taehyung would only be here after 2 O’clock. 

 

Kyungsoo’s day starts mostly the same. He rests till noon, for that’s when the office ladies and the high school students make their way to the convenient store for a quick microwavable lunch, the occasional middle school delinquent who buys a pack of cigarettes and though Kyungsoo knows that he is way below the age limit, he sells it to him anyway. Kyungsoo doesn’t care anymore. In fact, there was hardly anything to look for in a dead end job. 

 

By noon, he ticks off a mental checklist of all his regular customers, Sojin from the broadcasting studio always eat matcha buns, Donghae the artist always gets his fix of 3-in-1 instant coffee, Yeri the highschooler who buys microwavable meals for dinner and Taehyung— 

 

He glances at the digital clock towering above his counter. 

 

3:57PM

 

He’s going to kill him. 

 

Usually, Taehyung enters the store 5 minutes after Yeri, and he always makes sure to grab a quick lunch for Kyungsoo on the way. However, today, Taehyung was late. Taehyung was very, very late. He dishes out his mobile phone to check for messages, and alas, in bold, pixelated letters was Taehyung’s name saved as “Clumsy co-worker”. 

 

‘Hey hyung, keke. I’m really sick today and I forgot to tell you that I wouldn’t be coming in today. Sorry I didn’t tell you in advance, I hope that you didn’t make plans with anyone after this. ^^’’ Please tell boss for me if you see him. keke.’ 

 

7:22PM 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter