Unleash Me From This Hell

Unleash Me From This Hell

 

The smile on his face started to fade as he could see the speeding car coming towards her. He let out a scream, but before she could even realize what he was saying, the car hit her. The sickening sound of her body coming in contact with the car would haunt him forever. The car stopped as her body lay lifeless on the road. He ran towards her cradling her body near his while tears started to rush out from him. Calling her name he tried to wake her up, but there was no response. No signs of life. He tried to control his breathing but was unable to, the heat from her body was slowly starting to become cool. People screamed and cried, the sirens could be heard coming, but he could not hear anything except for the deafening silence of her heart. He buried his face in her hair, begging her to wake up. No response. When the police came, with all the paramedics, they tried to take her from his arms. But the more they tried to pry him off, the tighter he held her. He didn't want to let her go, if he did, he'd go mad. He needed her near him, he didn't want her to be away from him. If she was gone, he wouldn't be able to move on. She was his air, his life. She was his necessity for survival. 

***

He stood in the shadows of the hospital hallways as he watched her mother fall to the floor, clutching her chest, while her father's face was like a piece of stone. No expression could be found on his face, not even pain. The man was always good at keeping his emotions in check, but his one and only daughter had just died, couldn't he just shed a single tear? He let out a small chuckle as he turned away from the scene, there was no point in observing two hopeless people that never really understood their daughter.Two individuals that never really cared; until now. He dragged his feet through the empty halls. His body started to turn numb, his eyes slowly lost it's sparkle. He was now a soul-less man, with no dream, no goals. 

***

The day seemed long with no intention of doing anything, he sat near the windowsill and looked out. It had been a week since she had passed and the suffering did not die one bit. If anything, it had gone to a point where he could not even control his sudden outcries and pain from his bleeding heart. He blew hot air at the window as he wrote her name on it, it was getting colder every day and seemed as though the sun didn't want to come out to play. The skies kept weeping as it portrayed his mood every day. He was hit with depression, a thing that he didn't see coming, a thing that was taking over his life, engulfing his whole being. It was a demon that was sent from hell to torture him. Every day when he thought he was able to get over her just a little. The bastard sprang up to life to make him think of her, to make him feel that she was right beside him, to make him see that she was right in front of him. But it was all lies. A game that his mind played with him, to make him feel worse then he already was. He got up from the seat and walked towards their bedroom, sitting on the edge of the bed he smooth out the sheets then turned to look at their picture sitting on the night table. She was smiling at him with that smile that had always captured his heart. He unconsciously started to smile, thinking about her melody-like laughter. He reached and picked up the picture, tracing her face, tears began to fall again. He clasped his hands on his mouth to muffle the sound of his weeping, letting go of the picture he moved into a fetal position. Again the cycle started, where he'd lay there hopelessly and cry. 

***

The wind blew harshly against the window causing him to wake up, he rubbed his eyes as he stared at the darkness around him. Letting out a sigh he got up from the bed, putting the picture back to where it was from. He headed towards the washroom, turning on the taps he got ready for a quick shower. When he was done he wrapped a towel around him and walked out. Not paying attention to anything he closed his eyes, dried his hair and moved towards the sofa. Oppa! You're dripping everywhere! He heard a familiar voice nag at him from the kitchen, his head snapped up towards the sound. She was staring at him with her irritated look, her hands on her hips. Didn't I tell you to stay in the washroom, get dressed then come out? His eyes widened as he dropped his towel. He didn’t say anything as advanced towards her, but before he could grab a hold of her she disappeared. He turned his head side to side and turned around, there were no traces of her. 'Seo Ae' he called her name, no answer. Oppa, you never seem to listen to me do you? He heard her chuckle. He instantly turned around towards her voice she was now having her back facing him as she was dusting the windowsill. He ran towards her as he tried to hold her from behind, but when he did, he hugged nothing but the air. Oppa, we should go out for a picnic tomorrow! His head whipped back towards the kitchen as he observed her cutting carrots, smiling at him. These were flashbacks he soon realized, his mind was playing tricks on him, again. But he didn’t complain he was actually happy, a smile slowly crept onto his face. This was better than being afraid of forgetting her… His mind was preserving her, every piece of her.

***

The flashbacks came frequently, every time he thought of her, she would pop up. Occasionally, they would even have conversations and arguments with each other. Day and night they’d talk, talk to the point where he even began to feel as though she was really there. To the point where he thought he could actually touch her when in actuality he was just grasping the air. He had become crazy, the more she came the more he craved her. To hold her, to feel her warmth. He was living in heaven, yet he was in hell. He wanted them to be in the same world, the same place. ‘Seo Ae, do you want me be with you, forever?’ he had asked one night. She turned to him as she replied, Oppa I love you a lot, of course I want to be with you forever! He smiled as he caressed the air, ‘What if I came to you now?’ She looked at him oddly, Oppa what are you talking about, I’m with you now. He smiled a sadden smile, ‘Are you?’ She disappeared again, her voice lingering behind. He looked down to the floor as he breathed out slowly, closing his eyes he wondered if she would've been hurt like him, if the situation was reversed. Was she going to be a lost puppy like him? Would she linger around the streets aimlessly trying to find a way to get to him? Or was she going to move on, like a fighter she was, and forget him? He didn't know, but all he knew was that he was weak. Weak without her, and he wanted to go to her. Now. 

***

The soles of his feet were burning as he walked under the grey skies, it had been days since she appeared in front of him. The hallucinations, they were now only replaced with darkness, reality. He was going mad, searching for her, waiting for her to come to him. Every corner that he turned, he prayed to see that familiar visage. But every corner he took, was like a dead end. She was never there.

***

He stood in the middle of his living room, glancing around the room one last time. He couldn’t take it anymore; he couldn’t live without her presence. He just couldn’t win this battle of heartache and longing. Placing his hand around the rope, he climbed up onto the stool. Gracefully looping the rope around his slender neck, he kicked the stool away. At first his body was not use to the depleted amount of oxygen, causing him to shuffle around gasping and wiggling. But sooner or later his body accepted its fate as it slowly began to become limp.

***

He woke up to the sun shining in his face, he could feel someone’s body heat against his. Turning his head, he let out a smile. There she was in his arms sleeping soundly; nuzzling her neck he hugged her tighter towards him. He heard her sigh in content as she continued to sleep. He turned his head away from her as he took in the scenery that was around them. They were in a meadow, surrounded by flowers. There was no one else but the two of them. It was their little world, where no one was there to disturb them, ever. He was content, because from now on it didn’t seem as though there would be any cloudy days, only sunny ones..