Entry 24

Tormenting Me

Entry 24, December 2013

 

Winter has come and it’s freezing cold outside. But I like Winter. Winter and Spring I like the most. Winter because early in the mornings it’s still dark outside, and Spring because it’s not too cold, nor too warm.

Recently nothing much has happened. Occasionally Jong Suk would just bump my shoulder, push me, or make me fall. So it’s no big deal. I’m just glad, that Jong Suk is the only one who is bullying me and not the whole school or my class. I mean no one talks to me, but at least they leave me alone.

Him acting like that got me a little anxious and I couldn’t help the feeling, that he was planning something against me. It wouldn’t be the first time. Once in High School I was told the teacher was looking for me, so I went back to the classroom.

When I opened the door a bucket full of water mixed with mud landed on top of me, and I was soaking wet and dirty. Jong Suk and his friends jumped from behind the tables, scaring me so hard, that I fell on my , while they were laughing at me. Since then I scan the person first before I trust them.

I was studying in the library when a girl, my classmate, Kwon Ji Ha came towards me and stood before me with a bright smile.

She has long wavy blond hair and isn’t that tall. I’d say she’s under average hight and she has a thing for Jong Suk, which is pretty obvious. If he is the kingka of the school, then she would be the queenka. For some reason Jong Suk always blocks her of, when she approaches him. He doesn’t seem interested in her, like she is in him. In fact now that I think about it, he never really interacts with girls that much, only if it’s necessary.

Funny how it seems like he just can't seem to leave me alone, even though I am a girl.

Ji Ha's voice shook me out of my thoughts, when she suddenly spoke.

Hey, In Ha, so here you were. I've been looking everywhere for you.” She exaggerated with her arms making a big circle, while pouting her lips.

I found it somehow weird, that she talked to me and I wondered why, so I asked her. “Is there something you want from me?”

Also she was too friendly, I didn’t like it. We all know what kind of person she is and, that things could get really uncomfortable if you get on her bad side, for whatever reason. Little did I know that I was going to learn that the hard way.

Actually yes, I’d like to invite you to our Christmas party of our class.” She said smiling at me. Her smile was firmly screaming “Fake!” with a warning sign, but I for once wanted to believe in the good of people and ignored it. Maybe I should trust my instincts more..

I arched my eyebrow. “You want me to come to the party? Why?” I asked her being suspicious.

Don’t be so surprised. It’s your class too, so you should be there as well.” The girl in front of me answered still grinning from ear to ear.

I…I will think about it.” I told her unsure if I should go or not.

You have to come. It’s Saturday at 6 pm. We will all meet up in front of the school gate and go there together. So make sure you’ll be there.” Ji Ha didn’t even give me the chance to answer, as she walked away her hair bouncing with each step, leaving the library.

I sighed. Should I really go? What if she has planned something, something against me? Something to hurt me? I was torn between my feelings rather I should go or not.

It would be my first time at something like this with my classmates. I smiled to myself. Being lost in my thoughts I almost didn’t hear the second bell indicating for the next class to start in a few minutes.

I rushed to the classroom and only a few seconds later the teacher, Mr. Kim, entered the room.

Don’t act like you’ve been here early, I saw you In Ha.” He spoke looking at me.

Is he serious? He wasn’t even here, when I entered the room, so I’m not late. I sighed.

The week went by fast, too fast for my liking, and Saturday morning came. I was lying in my bed, when my mom called me for breakfast. Walking down the stairs, I could smell the pancakes and the freshly pressed orange juice. With a content smile on my face, I sat on my favorite spot at the table. The spot where I could look outside the window, and watch the snow slowly fall down, the dark clouded sky, as I slurp my glass of orange juice.

So, are you going to the party this evening, sweety?” My mom asked me, while making more pancakes. “I even made an extra serving of pancakes. You can heat them up later, and take them with you.” She continued and looked at me with a soft smile.

I sighed and met her eyes. “Mom, I’m not sure yet, if I should go or not. It somehow doesn’t feel right.”

Why is that? If I remember correctly, you haven’t been to one of those yet. Even your friend Ji Ha asked you to come. Now isn’t that nice of her.” She kept insisting. Yes, I told my mom about it. It somehow slipped, so I had to tell her that Ji Ha was my friend. I regret it now.

I’m just not used to doing things like that anymore.” I lied.

Then it’s time to get used to it again, don’t you think? It’s been so long since you last have done something with friends. I can’t even remember.” My mom kept rambling on.

After a long discussion with her, that almost lasted the whole morning, she was able to change my mind. She even went to that extent and forced me to go shopping with her. I can’t wear my old clothes, I have to look presentable, she said.

So as my mom desperately wished for us to go shopping, I of course wanted her to buy me a new video game, since I have finished all the other ones at home.

While we were strolling trough the streets, having bought everything, except for my game, my mom suddenly stopped at a sportswear shop. “Is that Jong Suk?” She asked me.

What!?” I said a little too surprised and too loud.

It is, isn’t it? Come on let’s go in” Without giving me a moment to adjust to what she had just said, she already had my arm and pulled me through the glass door.

Wait, mom. I think your mistaking. That’s not him.” I half whispered to her, trying to change her mind in the last minute. It was futile.

Jong Suk-ah, it’s you, right? It has been a long time. How are you doing?” My mom asked the young man only a few steps away from us. I didn’t dare to look from behind my mom.

Oh, Mrs. Choi! How are you? What are you doing here?” The male in front of us turned around and looked really surprised.

It was him. It was really him.

We were walking down the streets, when I saw you in here.” Mom answered, somehow happy?

We?” Jong Suk asked confused.

Yeah, we. In Ha is here too. She is right be-“ My mom stopped mid sentence, when she looked to her right, finding an empty space beside her.

She turned around, seeing me right behind her. “In Ha, what are you doing?” She asked me quite surprised.

I…I was just you know, uhm. Something was stuck on your jacket, I wanted to remove it.” I stutterd. My mom of course not buying my obvious lie, pulled me to her side. I was now facing Jong Suk. Well, I avoided eye contact.

This is In Ha. You remember her, right?” My mom presented me full of pride.

Jong Suk scanned me from head to toe and then smiled. In that very moment I had a flashback. “In Ha, you want a piece from my cookie? I can share with you, if you want.” Little Jong Suk asked me, while smiling at me like the morning sun greeting the world, with its warmth. Grinning from ear to ear, little me happily had taken a piece of the cookie.

Yes, of course, I still remember her. We are in the same class.” He answered my mom’s question.

What? You’re in the same class? Why didn’t you say anything?” My mom turned to me.

It somehow slipped my mind, I guess.” I mumbled as an answer.

Well, never mind that. We can talk about this over lunch. Of course you are invited, Jong Suk.” Again my mom came up with an crazy idea, entering the shop being the first.

Mom walked in front of us, as she kept rambling on, when she spoke. “So you have more than one friend, In Ha. Why don’t you go with Jong Suk to the party later?”

Oh, here it is. Let’s go in. It’s cold.”

You’re going to the party?” Jong Suk whispered to me.

For your information, I was invited.” I whispered back.

Who invited you?” He didn’t let loose.

If you insist on knowing, Ji Ha did.” I proudly answered his second question. As if that’s something to be proud of.

Suddenly the male beside me stopped walking and grabbed me by the arm, stopping me in my tracks.

Don’t come today.” He said with a serious expression. “Stay at home.” Was he worried? No, never.

This had caught me off guard. “What? Why should I?” I asked slightly angry. “Give me one good reason, why I should listen to you.”

Are you coming, kids? I got us a nice table at the window.” My mom interrupted our talk.

I jerked my arm out of his grip and walked in front of him, towards my mom. Totally ignoring him as I did so.

My mom got to catch up on Jung Suk’s life, what he was up to, what he likes, if he is still good in school, and so on.

I was mostly silent, and only spoke when I was spoken to.

So Jong Suk, do you have a girlfriend? If not, why not consider, In Ha. She is beautiful and smart.” My mom broke the silence once more, but this time with an unnecessary topic.

The moment does words left my mom’s lips and had sunken into our brain, we both choked on our noodles.

Oh my, are the both of you okay?” She asked with a big smile. “And Jong Suk, what do you think?”

This was a first for me to see Jong Suk somehow flustered? He looked unsure of himself and his eyes were desperately looking for a place to stay focused on.

Was he nervous?

I looked over to him and yes he was sitting beside me, of course that was my mom’s doing.

I..uhm..you know. Actually I have never considered In Ha as a possible girl-“ My mom didn’t even let him finish his sentence, when she interrupted him. “What? Why not? In Ha is a fantastic young woman.”

Mom, could you please not do this now and especially not here?” I said annoyed.

Oh, In Ha, you don’t have to be so flustered right now.” She tried to calm me down.

I stood up placing my hands on the table. “Mom! I am not flustered. Stop trying to force feelings onto a person, that they clearly don’t have and never will have towards me. Not that that’s bad or anything but I’m just saying.” I sat back down closing my eyes. I could still feel their gazes on me, ignoring it I continued eating my food.

Setting an awkward cough into the table round, my mom spoke. “So, uhm about the party. Are u two going?”

I’m going-“

I’m going-“

We both answered at the same time. As fast as lightning Jong Suk looked up at me with horror painting his face.

You- He started. “Don’t come. Please, please don’t come to the party. In Ha, please.” What? What is wrong with him?

Uh, I- Quite shocked I didn’t know what to say. What was I supposed to say in that moment?

Jong Suk, stop acting silly. Just go together the both of you, okay?” My mom tried to reach out to him. “In Ha. I’ll get going now and I’ll take the bags with me. Just come when you’re done here. I’ll have everything ready then.” She said looking at me. What?

Before I could react she already went to the cashier, payed and left the restaurant.

Leaving Jong Suk and I alone. together…

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Hey, sorry for taking so long with the new chapter, but I was looking for my USB stick for months.

Because in there I had the next chapter written.

Well, I did not find it, but I found the papers where I had printed most of the chapter out, so today I finished writing it. 

There are still some things, I have to edit on the previous chapters, like spelling errors and so on.

But sadly I don't have enough time for that today, so I'll do it with the next update then. 

The next chapter is going to get spicy XD

Enjoy~