004 - Preparations

Wrong Number

“Hey cutie.” A heavy head rest itself on your shoulder, soft fluffy hair nuzzled into your neck. 

"You're up to something."

"I would never!" Chen said, "I'm insulted you'd even think such a thing!" 

"Mhmm, I'm sure." 

"Well, anyway, you know how I'm the absolute love of your life and how we make such a team and how you're super at being my girlfriend?" 

What on earth was he up to? 

"And you know how my cousins wedding is next week?"

Oh.

That.

"Chen, we've only been together a couple weeks-"

"4 and a half weeks-"

"Are you sure we're there yet?"

He leaned up off your shoulder and cocked his head at you, "why wouldn't we be?"

Honestly, you had no way to answer that. Chen was the most fun you'd ever had, and you already felt like you'd known him forever. He was so comfortable and easy to talk to, and you'd never felt the amount of butterflies as you did when he kissed you. Even now his fingers were playing with yours and there was a warm tingling running up your arm.

"Would they mind?" You asked.

His eyes lit up, "so you'll come?"

"Well you can't just invite people to a wedding, they have these things planned for-"

"Don't worry about it! You can sit on my lap and I'll share my food with you." He looked at your expression and chuckled, wrapping an arm around your shoulder and pressing a kiss to your temple, "it'll be fine."

 

 

Two days later, Chen was laying sideways on your bed watching you pull out every piece of clothing from your closet, "I have nothing nice enough for a wedding!"

"I think you look nice in everything."

"You're not helping." You shot him a look, but his returning smile was so wide and happy that you couldn't stay frustrated for long, this boys smile could probably cure diseases if you looked at it long enough.

"Why don't we take a break? Not that this isn't thrilling and exciting for the both of us, but dinner-"

"Sounds amazing." You looked at him gratefully and extended a hand, laughing as he fumbled to get over to you before he linked his fingers with yours and pulled you from your room.

 

 

"Chen? What are you doing, it's 3 in the morning?" Your phone was pressed to your ear as you lay curled up in your blankets.

"You kept sleeping through your buzzer! Let me in!" You groaned, throwing your feet over the side and padding over to the buzzer box near your front door. In seconds, the horrid sound started and you shut it off with a slamming hand. "Thanks! I'm on my way up."

"Why?" You unlocked your door and shuffled back to bed, burying yourself back in your blankets.

"It's a surprise!" He sounded like he could barely contain his excitement, was he ever tired? You heard the door opening so you ended the call, placing your phone on your bedside table. "In bed at this time in the morning? You're an odd one."

You groaned at his enthusiasm, saying nothing as you tried to fall back into dreamland. "You don't want to know what the surprise is?"

"Surprise me when the sun's out."

He laughed quietly at your childishness, and the room was silent for a moment as you heard a skim of cloth against skin then a muffled thump as it hit the floor. You rolled a little as the bed depressed, and then Chen’s warm body was pressing itself against yours and letting you curl yourself into him.

"Night." He murmured, lips curling up into a satisfied smile as you mumbled a half-coherent reply.

 

 

Chen was flat out asleep when you woke up, and you spent the first few minutes admiring his wide open mouth and the way his nose would twitch every now and then. Then your eyes were caught by something in the palest shade of purple hanging from your bedroom mirror. Was that...? You opened your eyes properly, blinking to clear the sleep from them, and leaned up to look at the pale lavender dress hanging there. Immediately you were awake, jumping over Chen's body to run the material through your fingers.

Amidst the groans of a now-awake Chen, you heard a "surprise."

You turned to him, "you did this?"

"No, it must have crawled through the open window."

"Chen!"

He chuckled, leaning up on his elbow, "do you like it?"

"How-"

"I borrowed it from my sister, hope you don't mind that we have to give it back-"

He didn't get to finish his sentence because you'd already thrown yourself on him, showering him with kisses and thank you’s, your heart thudding at the gesture. Somehow, Chen's arm wrapped itself around your waist and spun you so you were laying on the mattress. Leisurely he crawled on top of you,

"I don't quite think I'm ready to leave this bed yet." Again, his lips slanted against yours, and your fingers came up to trail along his jaw, kissing him back with everything you had.

 

 

"Are you sure Chen? I mean, I've never met any of your family, coming to a wedding just seems a little... Intrusive."

"Nonsense," he thread his fingers through yours, tugging you gently forward, "they'll love you just as much as I do." He stopped at the entrance to the reception room, "you look very pretty."

You grinned, "and you look very handsome."

He flashed you a crooked smile. "See? We've got nothing to worry about, we'll be the best looking couple here. Now come on, my mother's dying to meet you." Holding you with one hand, he pushed open the heavy door with the other.

You barely got to look around the room before dark strawberry-scented hair covered your vision.

"You must be Chen's girlfriend! I'm so sorry I didn't actually think you were real! But that dress looks absolutely stunning on you! I'm so glad you're here! Come on, we've got to introduce you to everybody!" She pulled you along, and you heard Chen laughing loudly behind you, but still not letting your hand fall from his.

 

 

It was past midnight when you stumbled into Chen's home, mood bright and giggles slipping from your lips. "You had too much champagne." Chen said, laughing with you, in the exact same state. You jumped up at him, wrapping your legs around his waist, feeling him catch you on instinct.

"You had more than I did."

"But I'm a man, champagne doesn't affect manly men."

"But you're not manly. Remember? How many marshmallows was it again?"

He pressed you back against the wall, sandwiching you firm to him, "you really want to go there?"

"Oh I think I do."

"You sure?"

"Oh yes."

"Then I have a screenshot of the text, from you, saying I'm the manliest man you know. So there."

You stuck your tongue out at him, giggling when he made a playful snap at it, "well I'm the prettiest girl you know, so there."

 He chuckled, "never said otherwise. Now, as gorgeous as you look in this dress, how about we get you into some pyjamas instead?"

"That sounds heavenly." He spun his body, still holding you securely against him, and walked to toss you on his bed. Moments later a big shirt fluttered down on top of you.

When the two of you were tucked in bed, Chen decided to speak, "thanks for coming today, my family loved you."

"Really?"

"Oh yeah, are you kidding? You're officially invited to every family event, and my sister’s birthday. Promise, they all love you."

You nuzzled closer against his neck, "thanks for bringing me."

"Anything for my number 1 girl."

"I better be your number only girl."

"You think anyone else could handle dating this much y? I don't think so, only you're capable for the job. You're stuck with me."

You smiled, "I guess that's ok." After a dozy minute Chen's voice rumbled from the darkness,

"We're buying more marshmallows tomorrow. I'm settling this once and for all."

"If you say so." You snickered at him, not prepared for his retribution of rolling you over and pinning you there. All traces of sleep were gone, mind taken over with thoughts of just how perfectly his lips fit against yours, and how gentle his grip was on your skin.

Oh yes, very ok indeed.

 _________________________________

That's it! (Except maybe an extra chapter now and then if I feel like fluffy Chen, but it'll be rare and random so don't count on it)

Also, I debated putting an [M] chapter after this, but this is such a fluffy fic that I decided against it, but who knows, maybe I'll change my mind.

So Thanks so much to all those who read, subscribed, or upvoted this fic, it means the world to me! Hope to see you in my other fics!

 

P.S. I didn’t realise how awful the formatting was when I uploaded from my phone… Thousands of apologies for that, but it’s all fixed now!