Need You Now

Need you now

Okay, so here is the oneshot! I'm not really satisfy with the endind though, I don't think I'm good at them =="

Anyway, enjoy your reading and please do comment ^. ^

---------------------------------------

Picture perfect memories scattered all around the floor
Reaching for the phone 'cause I can't fight it anymore
And I wonder if I ever cross your mind?
For me it happens all the time

 

“Good bye Jinki oppa”

Those last words she said to him before walking off this morning kept replay in her head, filling her mind with the blank look on his face.

No, stop it.

Soojin shook her head. She went back the dorm after a long day of training only to found a note from her dorm-mate, saying that she’s going to stay with her family for the weekend. So there she was, alone in the room, pulling out all of her photos with him in the album and threw it on the bed. It was all of her perfect memories with him but she need to throw them away. She couldn’t keep them. It was all over and they would only remind about him more.  She afraid that she couldn’t do it.

No, I need to forget about him. It’s all over. Just stop it!

His image flashed through her mind and she just couldn’t take it anymore. She closed her eyes and shoved all the photos away, making them scattered all around the floor. She breathed hard, trying to calm down her heart while looking at the chicken plushie which was on her pillow. He gave it to her and told her to hug it whenever she misses him. She thought it looks really like him and she named the plushie “Babo”, one of her favorite word. Looking at the cute thing, she felt a bit calmer but soon tear up when she realized Babo was looking at her blankly, just like him. And the next second, she grabbed the plushie and threw it away.

CRASH!

 

It's a quarter after one, I'm all alone and I need you now
Said I wouldn't call but I've lost all control and I need you now
And I don't know how I can do without
I just need you now

 

Her breath hitched and her eyes snapped open as she looked up only to find the broken frame on the floor. Immediately, she ran forward and kneeled down before slowly pick up the photo inside. It was last Christmas.

*****Flashback*****

(Soojin’s POV)

_Guys, let’s take a picture! - I said as I pulled out the camera from my cross-body bag - Okay, you five ready? Smile~

It was Christmas and I was hanging out at Lotte World with Jinki oppa and his friends. We were having a lot of fun when I suddenly wanna take a picture.

_Wow, it looks good! - Taemin, the maknae of them all said when I showed him the picture.

_Nice one, Soojin. - Minho the “Frog Prince” patted my head.

_You two should take a picture. Hurry! - Key said before pulling me and Jinki oppa together.

_Don’t be like that hyung, hug her or something. - I saw Jonghyun smirked at me.

I flushed and turned toward him but he just smiled at me. And the next thing I know, he was hugging me from behind. My face heated up a little at the contact and even though I was shy, I did smile for the camera. Right then I felt so warm and safe, being in his arms is one of the best thing in my life.

*****End Flashback*****

She looked at the happy smiling girl in the photo and cried. She wishes she could be in his arms right now but how could that happen when they already broke up? And it wasn’t even what she wanted from the start. No. Never once she thought about breaking up with him. It was all because of her CEO that they turned out this way. She still remembers the face of the CEO when he found out she has a boyfriend.

“If you’re not gonna break up with him, I’m afraid I will have to find another girl to replace you for this debut. You better listen to me Soojin.”

He was the CEO and his son was the one who trying to court her lately so she had no other choice. So she decided to break up because she thought it would be better for both of them. But how come she felt so much worse now?

 

Another shot of whiskey, can't stop looking at the door
Wishing you'd come sweeping in the way you did before
And I wonder if I ever cross your mind?
For me it happens all the time

 

Jinki woke up and found himself on the dining table with five bottles of soju in front of his eyes. He grimaced and rubbed his temples, wondering why he passed out like that. And when it came back, he could feel his heart ached again. He still couldn’t believe that they just broke up like that.

Soojin-ah, why did you do that to me?

Right then he lifted his head up, he thought he heard the door open and quickly stumbled his way out of the kitchen. But no. She wasn’t there like he expected.

*****Flashback*****

(Jinki’s POV)

_Oppa! - She called me sweetly as she walked through the door of my apartment.

_What are you doing here, Soojin? - I frowned while trying not to look at her and pretended to watch TV.

Actually I was glad that she came but just trying not to show it. Just a while ago, she called and told me that she just fell and broke her legs while no one was there. In results, I immediately went there only to found her perfectly fine, waiting for me. She kept teasing and laughing at me so I went home. I’m sure that she was behind me saying sorry but when I turned back, she was nowhere to be found. And now she was standing here with something behind her back.

_I bought you chicken!

She exclaimed cheerfully while holding out a bag with two big buckets of KFC, making it hard for me to keep my cool. Seeing no reaction from me, she slowly putted the bag down before jumped on the sofa and hugged me. I was taken aback by that.

_I’m sorry for fooling you, I just wanna see you, that’s all. Will you forgive me? - She looked up at me cutely making me smiled.

_Of course. How can I be mad at such a cute girl like you?

I wrapped my arms around her as she smiled and snuggled closer to me. To have her in my arms like this is one of the best things in my life.

*****End Flashback*****

No “I’m sorry for fooling you” or “It’s just a trick oppa, you should have seen your face”. There were no laughs, no hugs and she wasn’t in his arms. Not anymore. They broke up, what was he expecting for?

 

It's a quarter after one, I'm a little drunk and I need you now
Said I wouldn't call but I've lost all control and I need you now
And I don't know how I can do without
I just need you now

 

He looked at the clock and it was already passed midnight. Entering his room, he wanted to go to bed but stopped once he saw the cute chicken plushie on his pillow. Princess, is what he named the plushie, was from her. After he gave her Babo for a while, she gave him Princess in return so he can also hug it when he misses her. He surely missed her but should he hug it when everything was all over?

Princess-ah, she doesn’t love me anymore.

He clenched his teeth, trying to control his emotion and swiftly turned toward the glass doors that lead to the balcony. Leaning over the doors, he closed his eyes while trying to calm down his heart before opened them and looked up at the clear night sky. But the pretty view still couldn’t distract him as his mind was still wandering with thoughts about her. He didn’t know this day would come and couldn’t even understand why they turned out like this. He never did. Was it because that guy happened to be the CEO’s son and it could help her with her dream? No, she’s not that kind of girl. So that meant she really doesn’t love him anymore. His mind said so but his heart kept telling him that he was the only one in her heart. Could there be another reason for this? He was so confuse, didn’t know what to do. But there is one thing he knows for sure that he still love her with all his heart.

What can I do when you leave me just like that?

 

Oh whoa
Guess I'd rather hurt than feel nothing at all

 

Soojin dragged her feet to the kitchen and pulled out the soju bottle she already prepared in the fridge. Everything was over just because of her stupidity. She shouldn’t have listen to the CEO and break up with him. How could she be so stupid? She loves him too much to even think about letting him go but when she realized it, everything was too late already. Bringing up the bottle to her lips, she gulped down the bitter liquid without knowing her phone was vibrating in the room.

Jinki frowned when she didn’t answer his call. He didn’t even know why he decided to call but guess he just wanna hear her voice. And when she didn’t pick up, he suddenly got the feeling that something happened to her. He pressed the green button on his phone again and brought it to his ears but it was just like the last time. He tried several time, hoping to hear she yell at him for waking her up or just end the call but none of that happened. And with that, he grabbed the coat and ran out.

 

It's a quarter after one, I'm all alone and I need you now
And I said I wouldn't call but I'm a little drunk and I need you now
Well I don't know how I can do without
I just need you now
I just need you now

 

Stumbled a bit but she managed to get into her room again. She noticed it was already passed one in the morning and it seemed like her phone was vibrating. Wondering who could call her at this time, she picked up the phone on the bed only to drop it when she saw the caller ID. And without even thinking, she ran out of the dorm just like that.

Running with all his mind, he tried to call her again while hoping that nothing went wrong and she was just sleeping soundly on the bed. Never once he has felt so worry like that. He wanted to try again but stopped when he saw a girl with only a legging and an oversized sweater in front of him. They both tried to catch their breath while looking into each other eyes. And he wondered why does she always make him worry then appear in front of him just like that.

_Yah! Why are you wearing like that outside on this kind of weather? It’s cold you know! And why didn’t you pick up my calls? Do you have any idea how worry I am?

Jinki scolded her but she didn’t say anything, instead she just ran forward before threw herself in his arms as her tears begun to fall again.

_I’m sorry! I didn’t mean it! The CEO told me to do it and I was so stupid to listen to him! I’m sorry oppa, I’m sorry!

Soojin looked up at him and cried. She didn’t care that he would hate her for her entire life or anything, all she wanted now is to be in his arms again. He looked at the girl in his arms in shock and it made his heart ached to see her crying like that.

_Why did he tell you to do something like that?

_I don’t know, he just say that he won’t let me debut if I didn’t break up with you. I should have told you a long time ago already. I’m so sorry.

_Shh, don’t cry. It’s not your fault. - He pulled her into his tight embrace and let her buried her head on his chest.

_...Oppa, are you mad? - She sniffed quietly, trying to control her tears.

_No. I’m not mad … You’re here with me now and that’s the only matter, Soojin-ah.

And with that, the boy and girl finally returned to where they belong, in each other arms.

 

Oh baby I need you now