Chapter 01

To Find You

I wake you with five rays of sun


“Where is the queen?” A young knight yelled as he scanned his surroundings. Something had erupted on the floor above him, causing the castle to start to collapse.

“We can’t find her!”

The young knight watched as the ceiling above him was caving in. He groaned and grabbed onto the closest person next to him.

“Secure the crown prince and make sure he doesn’t get hurt. That’s an order!”

Kim Jonghyun was the best knight in the region. He had never lost a fight against anyone before, but now he seemed helpless. He only had one duty to fulfill and that was to protect the queen.

So where was the queen?

Jonghyun cursed and ran off to the staircase that led to the level above. He knew it wasn’t exactly a good idea, especially since the castle was starting to collapse, but he had no other choice. He had to find the queen before it was too late.

Once he reached the higher level, Jonghyun could see nothing but smoke and fire. This level of the castle was usually for the queen’s meetings with other leaders.

“Queen Minyoung! Are you in here?!” Jonghyun yelled, holding his sword close to him just in case.

He took a few more steps, looking around carefully. The floor beneath him wouldn’t hold for long, so he needed to hurry up and find the queen before it was too late.

“You’re too late, foolish knight.” A female voice called out, surprising the young knight. He looked towards the center of the room and saw the queen floating in mid-air. She seemed to be unconscious, but alive.

“Who’s there?!”

“I’m over here, young one.” The voice called out again. Jonghyun growled when he saw the woman standing behind the queen. She was tall with long white hair that seemed endless and her dark eyes glowed blue for a moment before turning red. It was obvious that the woman was a witch. She was wearing dark robes and Jonghyun could see that she was holding a staff that was even taller than she was. It was the witch’s magic that was keeping the queen afloat in mid-air.

“I’ll be taking the queen for a few weeks. If you want her back, I expect you to bring the crown prince with you to the Kingdom of the Northern Sky.” The witch said with a sinister smile on her face.

Before Jonghyun could reply, the floor beneath him shook violently, almost knocking him off his feet.

“Ah, and you should probably leave now. The floor is about to collapse.”

Jonghyun watched as both the witch and the queen disappeared before his eyes. He had failed his duty to protect the queen and now the entire kingdom would suffer.

“Kim Jonghyun, if you don’t get out of that damn castle before it collapses…” A voice rang through thoughts as Jonghyun ran back over to the staircase that he had first taken.

“Calm down, Ren. I’m on my way out.” He replied outloud, running quickly. It was obvious that the castle would not be able to stand for much longer.

“The crown prince is safe with me. Make your way over to the training grounds.”

“On my way.”

X

Ren watched as the castle finally collapsed. From what he saw, there were multiple explosions on different levels of the castle and that meant that this was a planned attack.

“Where is my sister?! Where is Minyoung noona?!” The crown prince screamed. He was being held back by several other knights. If they had released their hold on the prince, the young knight probably would have ran into the castle.

“Prince Minhyun, please calm down. We are trying to find the queen as quickly as we can.” Baekho tried to calm the prince down, but the young knight already had tears falling from his eyes.

“The queen is gone. She was kidnapped.”

Minhyun turned, seeing one of his sister’s knights. Jonghyun was covered in ash from the rubble and he looked exhausted.

“What do you mean by that?” Ren asked, taking a step towards the knight.

“It was a witch from the Kingdom of the Northern Sky. She told me that if we want to get the queen back, we have to bring Prince Minhyun to her. I think she wants to trade.” Jonghyun threw his sword on the ground and slowly started to take off his armor. He avoided Minhyun’s eye contact as much as possible.

“What does she want the prince for?” Ren asked, glancing over at the silent prince. He was seated on the ground, in shock over the kidnapping of his sister.

“She didn’t say.”

“How long will it take to get to the Kingdom of the Northern Sky?” Minhyun asked, his voice somewhat quiet. Even though he was the prince of his kingdom, he was also a knight, which meant that his kingdom was more important than his rank.

“Prince Minhyun, it’s impossible to reach the Northern Sky without magic.” Baekho said as he looked up into the sky.

The Kingdom of the Northern Sky was a kingdom established by witches and mages over a thousand years ago. The exceptional thing about the Kingdom of the Northern Sky was that it was nearly impossible to reach it without the use of magic. The only people that could transport themselves to the kingdom were witches and mages. It was a rare occasion for humans to visit the Kingdom of the Northern Sky.

“Ren! Ren knows magic. He can get us there.” Minhyun turned to his personal assistant who just shook his head.

“Prince Minhyun, you know that I’m only an enchanter and that my magic is limited to healing and communicating with those that my blood is linked to.” Ren looked away, feeling helpless in front of the prince.

“If we start traveling now, it will take about three weeks to reach the gate to the Kingdom of the Northern Sky. There’s a possibility that we will be able to run into a mage that can get us into the kingdom.” Baekho said as he took a glance around the training grounds.

There were many people running around, trying to figure out what was happening. Luckily, no riots had started and no one was trying to destroy anything.

“We need the crown prince to make a statement. We can’t have him leaving his kingdom behind out of nowhere.” Ren said as he placed his cloak over the prince’s head. It was best that no one recognize the current leader of the Kingdom of the Western Moon.

“What will happen if he makes a statement? Then who will be in charge of the kingdom when he leaves? My alliance is with the kingdom and I need to make sure everything is taken care of here.” Jonghyun replied, running a hand through his hair. In order to get the queen back, he must accompany the prince to the other kingdom.

“We leave the kingdom with Joshua, for now. He’s next in line for the throne after myself and he’s the best person to trust at the moment. His personal advisor also happens to be Jeonghan, who is Ren’s cousin.” Minhyun said, thinking of his second cousin, Joshua.

Joshua was as harmless as a fly and had no intention of trying to take over the kingdom.

“We’ll need to find Joshua and Jeonghan before you leave. Would you like to announce it to the other kingdoms that you will be traveling?” Ren asked, looking around to see if his own cousin was nearby.

“That’s a bad idea. We can’t have others knowing that the current leader of the Kingdom of the Western Moon is traveling out in the open. You never know what kind of threats are out there, especially after this attack on our kingdom.”

“It would be best to disguise the crown prince, or alter his appearance somehow. At this point, the only way to distinguish that he’s a royal is to check for his tattoo and sword.” Baekho mentioned as he patted Minhyun’s shoulder.

The royals of the Kingdom of the Western Moon all had a tattoo right above their heart. It was an outline of a crescent moon that would glow blue during every full moon. It signified their right as the royal family. His sword was also very unique. It has the crest of the royal family embedded into the blade.

“Prince, when do you wish to leave? We will prepare everything as soon as you make your decision.”

“The four of us will leave at sunset.”

-----

After a long time, I’ve finally updated this! Plus, I even made a poster!

Anyway, Overcome promotions have just ended, but I will still be continuing this fic. I’m sad to see the boys end their promotions, but they’ve already mentioned that they will be making another comeback later this year! Let us all wait patiently for their next comeback to arrive.

Also, if anyone of you guys have twitter, come follow me @093LINE
I’m hoping to make some new friends!

Last message! I will be making a “relationship” chart soon so that things are cleared up about relationships.

Sorry for any grammar mistakes or spelling errors~ Comment down below for faster updates! <3