Prolouge

To Find You

"Noona! What’s that on your head?”

A young child reached up, trying to touch his older sister’s head. Unfortunately, he wasn’t quite tall enough to reach. The young woman he was clinging to just giggled softly before petting his head.

“It’s a crown, Minhyun. You might get one when you’re older, but as for now you’ll be getting a sword soon.” She replied with a smile on her face.

“Why do you have a crown, noona?”

“Because I am now the queen of this kingdom.”

Hwang Minhyun grunted when he was pushed back, falling to his knees with his sword in front of him. He was panting heavily, glaring up at his opponent.

“Oh come on, don’t give me that look. You were distracted for a moment and that’s why I managed to hit you.” The knight said, offering Minhyun a hand to help him stand up.

“Even though I’m the prince of this kingdom, you really don’t treat me like it. You’re so cruel, Baekho hyung.” Minhyun laughed as he sheathed his sword, looking around at the other knights around him. They were having their scheduled practice matches for the week.

“You’re the prince, but you’re also a knight. You’re also one of the best knights in this kingdom. Don’t expect others to treat you like a prince on the battlefield.” Baekho patted Minhyun’s shoulder before walking back over to the resting area.

Kang Baekho was one of the most trusted knights in the kingdom. His family had served the royal kingdom for centuries, so it was expected for Baekho to become a knight. Luckily, Baekho had no complaints about serving the kingdom because he loved protecting anyone and everyone. Minhyun believed he was a righteous person.

“Prince Minhyun, don’t forget you have a meeting with the queen after lunch.” A voice called from behind and Minhyun turned, facing his personal assistant, Choi Minki, otherwise known was Ren. He was the same age was Minhyun, but slightly younger. Ren wasn’t the best at fighting, so he was assigned to help Minhyun with daily tasks.

“Ren, how many times do I have to tell you? You don’t need to call me prince. We were practically raised together.” Minhyun chuckled before taking the towel that Ren was holding, using it to wipe his face.

“It’s alright, Prince Minhyun, I don’t mind.” Ren just smiled before offering Minhyun water, which the prince gladly took.

“How has my sister been? I haven’t been able to see her in a few weeks since she’s been so busy.” Minhyun sighed and took a seat on the ground, motioning for Ren to take a seat next to him.

“She’s been trying to negotiate peace talks with the neighboring countries. I think it’s been going well. I spoke with one of her knights earlier and it seems like she will be leaving next week to visit another kingdom.”

“You spoke to her knights? I don’t think I have ever talked to them before.” Minhyun said, feeling surprised at how many connections his assistant had.

“I spoke with Kim Jonghyun. I’ve been friends with him since childhood.” Ren replied, looking away for a moment. Minhyun grinned before nudging Ren’s shoulder.

“JR? You mean the best knight in this entire region? Wow, I would have never guessed he was your type.” Minhyun laughed when Ren looked at him with an expression of surprise.

“It’s not like th-!”

Before Ren could finish his sentence, a sudden explosion coming from the castle cut him off. Minhyun’s eyes widened when he saw fire erupting from inside of the castle. Screams could be heard from all around him, but his body seemed to be frozen in place. The only thing he could do was stare up at his beloved home that was now crumbling before him.

“Noona…”

X

Prolouge!

I just want to say that Overcome is really once of my favourite songs of the year. Even though the wait for NU’EST has been very long, I’m glad to see them finally back.

Sorry for any spelling errors or grammar mistakes~ Stay tuned for the next update!