New People

Memories/Dumb
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Seulgi ah! Hurry or you’re gonna be late for school!” Mom yelled from downstairs.

“Okay~” I respond, putting the uniform on carefully. Okay so today I'm going to a new school. I hate being the “new student”, because you have to meet new faces and all that awkward stuff, and I also heard that nowadays, the “new student” are most likely to be victimized by the bullies. 

I got down the stair. Ate the egg and bacon breakfast mom made me, bid goodbye to my parents and went out to the bus stop.

I got into the bus just before it leaves. The bus was crowded with people, all the seats were taken, so I had to stand. I guess the driver was drunk or something, because the ride wasn't fun. I cannot stand still, annnnnnddddd guess what happened. Yep. I bump into a guy that was also standing too. 

“Oh my god, I'm so sorry are you okay?” I ask, take a few step back.

The guy look at me. His face was like no joke, he smiled at me. “Oh I'm okay.” He looks down at my uniform.

“You go to Seoul high, too?  I never seen you before.” The boy speaks. 

“Oh… I'm new here. My name is Kang Seulgi” I look at his name pin. “Kim Jongin? Is that how you pronounce your name?”

“Yea.” He flashed me with another smile. “So we’re friends now right?” 

“Of course! Nice to meet you.” I showed him my famous eye smile, which made him blushed a little. “Nice to meet you too.” He said. 

----
We got to school at 6:40(school starts at 7) 

I wave good bye to Jongin, since I have to pick up my schedule from the office. 

“Kang Seulgi?” The teacher ask looking at the papers I gave her. “Yes.” I replied nervously. “Okay, so here is your schedule, you have AP math first period, PE second, chemistry third, then lunch, after lunch is art, language art, and your elective which is guitar.” The teacher pass me my schedule and kindly smiled at me. “By the way I'm Mrs. Kim, I'm a counselor, you can come to me if you need help.” 

“Thank you Mrs.Kim.” I smiled shyly. 

----- 

“Quiet down class! We have a new student today.” My math teacher yelled. “Come in Seulgi.” She turns facing me, telling me to come inside the classroom. 

I nervously walk to the teacher, I didn't bother to make eye contact with anyone. “Introduce yourself.” The math teacher said in a low voice. 

“My name is Kang Seulgi, and I'm happy to join you guys for the rest of the school year.” 

I felt like I was being scanned by a billion eyes, in fact, I am. 

“Okay, Seulgi you can take the seat next to Wendy, over there.” The teacher point to the girl who sits right side of the class close to the window. 

So I did. I put my backpack down and sat down. Looking to my side, my table mate, her head was in her arms, seems to be crying…… 

“Hey… Need a tissue?” I tap on the girl’s shoulder gently.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter