Reject

Rejection (editing)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the day.

Today was the day.

It was the day I would confess to him.

The day I would run into his arms after he accepted my love.

The day he’d be considered mine.

I planned this ever since high school started. Ever since I’ve laid my eyes on him, I wanted him to be mine. Ever since he spoke to me in that sweet voice of his, I wanted to claim him. Ever since he sang to me on homecoming night with his delicate vocals, I wanted to be with him for the rest of my life.

I fell in love with Baekhyun.

I fell in love with his voice, his laugh, his lips, his height, the way he runs his pretty fingers through his hair, the way he stands when he’s annoyed. I fell in love with the way he’d drift off into sleep while we video called each other. I fell in love with every damn inch of this man.

Baekhyun was a blessed man in my eyes, and he wouldn’t fail to run through my mind every second of the day.

And the fact that he is so busy with EXO nowadays, made me ache for him even more.

All these years, I’ve hid how I felt towards him. It would ruin our strong friendship, I thought.

But now, I don’t care. It’s now or never.

Sure, I wasn’t as pretty as his ex-girlfriend Taeyeon.

Baekhyun dating Taeyeon wasn’t real. He told me he was with her, but I bet it was for views on the media. Maybe to cover the fact that one of his bandmates was leaving.

But to the point, he was caught in my grasp.

I am in love with him.

 

- March 2nd

 

A small breath of anxiety escaped my lips as I encountered the glass door. My knees were wobbly; which Baekhyun said was a sign of being nervous not too long ago. Butterflies lit up in my stomach while I continued to thought about my actions.

I was prepared. At least, that’s what I thought. I wasn’t so sure myself.

Without wasting any more time, I twisted the knob and glanced in. The boys were dancing to their famous debut song, Mama. The nostalgic poured in, causing slight chuckle to run past my half anticipated smile.

That song had a lot of memories between Baekhyun and I. He’d always call my number and talk to me like a hyper child. He would ramble on and on about his debut and how nervous he was on stage.

I wouldn’t blame him.

After the song was over, I called him from the door, “Baekhyun!”

Baekhyun glanced back at the entrance of the practice room. His eyes immediately lit up when they met mine. “Eunhae!” He yelled before running over to me and pulling my body into a bear hug. He was a bit taller than I, so my head rested on his broad – yes, broad - shoulder in the process.

His bandmates glanced our way too, some even waved hello.

Baekhyun beamed, “I’m glad you could make it. We’re almost done practicing, so we can stop and grab some ice cream a little bit after –“

When he noticed my bum look, he stopped mid-sentence.

“Are you okay?” He asked.

I was avoiding his gaze. The gaze that would make my heart rate grow rapidly. The skin resting behind my ears began to heat up when his glance never left my face. It was obvious that I was blushing.

“Baek,” I whispered. “Can I speak to you?”

“Yea,” He leaned on the wall, “What’s up, Hae?”

I took a deep breath before saying, “Outside, ple

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter