Final

The Convenience Store

"I'm so tired I could sleep for a year," Baekhyun sighed while leaning back in his chair. It was 10pm on a Friday. He should've gone home a while ago but he wanted to finish a few reports so he could have the weekend free. Baekhyun worked as an accountant for a decent sized firm; it paid well and he worked with some of his college friends. But right now Baekhyun hates everything in existence because he can barely keep his eyes open to finish up his work. Jesus, since when did he get this tired at 10 at night, he's getting too old.

Baekhyun was thirty-one years old (but don't mention his age in front of him) and the worst part about it, he was single as can be. His last relationship was over 3 years ago, it was a serious one, however it ended pretty badly and he never really recovered. He gave up on love after that, he would do a few one night stands or small flings every now and then but he never found someone he would be serious with.

And now here he is, getting older by the second, sitting at an office, alone, on a Friday night. At this point he was so ing tired, but also so close to being finished. So he slapped himself in the face, literally, and gave himself a quick pep talk. "Byun ing Baekhyun you better focus for the next 20 minutes and finish this god damn ing report so that we can go home and eat and cry and go to sleep, you got it?" "Okay I got this"

19 minutes later and Baekhyun is packing his things up with the biggest smile on his face, he can finally go home. Baekhyun was lucky to live in walking distance from his apartment. As he rounded the corner and saw his apartment in view, something else caught his eye. When he finally processed what it was, Baekhyun was suddenly wide awake. A convenience store. And not just any convenience store. A convenience store right across the street from his apartment building. Now I know what you're thinking, is Byun Baekhyun that lame to get excited over a convenience store? Well you don't understand, the nearest convenience store is within walking distance but it's past his office. Meaning he has to walk out of his way to get there. It's too much walking for little Baekhyun, he's usually too lazy and tired to go there. But now he doesn't have to walk farther!! "Is this real life, holy I could totally go for some instant noodles," Baekhyun giggled while crossing the street to the store.

It was a decent sized store, and Baekhyun was so happy to be there. His neighbors must've noticed it was new as well, there were a handful of people already in there. Baekhyun was getting some noodles and a drink when suddenly he heard a deep, like really deep and really nice, voice coming from the register. Baekhyun moved closer to the front and pretended to be looking for candy, when in reality he's trying to get a peek at the owner of the nice voice.

However what he sees makes him have a mini heart attack. There at the counter is a very tall guy, who just happens to be the most gorgeous male Baekhyun had ever laid his eyes on. He has a lean body, silver hair (an odd color that just happens to make him look hot as ), nice plump lips, a beautiful smile, and big, soft brown eyes (Baekhyun's favorite feature). Baekhyun forgot he was suppose to be pretending to get candy, instead he just stares at the male, practically drooling on the spot. It doesn't help when the guy moves to the front of the counter to tidy it up, and , Baekhyun gets a nice front row view of his in those way too tight skinny jeans. Then all hell breaks loose when he leans down to tie his shoe and his shirt stretches to show his back, Baekhyun can see the outline of the muscles and he almost, almost, let out a groan. He quickly looked back at the candy to try and contain himself, he could feel the red rushing up to his checks. Byun Baekhyun pull yourself together, jesus christ it's just a hot guy, no big deal right? He was trying to calm himself down while looking at the candy, but he was still blushing like mad and failed to notice a certain tall male staring at him.

Baekhyun quickly shook his head and moved to the back of the store to contain himself. He frantically looked for any other employees, but unfortunately it looks like the guy is the only one working. Baekhyun panics, how the hell is he going to pay for his items without blushing, stuttering, or drooling at the guy?

Suddenly Baekhyun remembered something, he's ing thirty-one years old, why the hell is he acting like some high schooler? Taking a deep breath, he slowly moves to the front to pay for his items.

The employee was already ringing someone up so Baekhyun had the unfortunate pleasure to wait. He watched him move to put items in a bag while making small talk with the customer. As the tall male waited for the customer to pay, he glanced up and made eye contact with Baekhyun. At this point, Baekhyun internally panicked. What the does he do? Smile? Stare at him? Look away? Run out of the store and never come back? But before he could make a run for it, the tall male smiled at him. Baekhyun immediately got so many butterflies, he automatically smiled back but got so flustered he looked down at the ground and was, oh , blushing again.

The tall male chuckled at the flustered Baekhyun. As he observed the smaller, his mind went crazy. God damn he's really cute he thought, I am praying to God that he is gay, I really want a piece of that. he's really cute, please let him be single and gay and interested in me.

Meanwhile Baekhyun was still so flustered with the interaction that he failed to notice the customer in front of him had left. So now Baekhyun is staring at the floor and the tall employee is staring at him, a smirk never leaving his face. “Are you ready to check out?” Baekhyun yelped at the sudden deep voice, he blushed even more when he realized the employee was staring at him. “O-oh, um yeah sorry,” “Don’t be”

While the tall employee was packing up his stuff, Baekhyun noticed his name tag. Park Chanyeol. It’s a nice name, it suits him. Chanyeol noticed Baekhyun had glanced at his name tag, “now that you know my name, do I have the honor of knowing yours?” Baekhyun shyly smiled at that, “Baekhyun, Byun Baekhyun” “Hm, a cute name for a cute guy,” Chanyeol winked at him.

Baekhyun was sure he needed to call a fire truck or some to cool down his cheeks because he swears he’s never blushed this hard in his life. Once he was done, Baekhyun quickly walked outside the door and across the street to his apartment building.

After stumbling into the elevator and almost tripping right onto his face, Baekhyun made it safely inside. He groaned out loud, “I don't ing know this guy at all yet here I am acting like a ing high school girl with her first crush.”

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

As the weeks went by, Baekhyun continued to visit the convenience store (more often than he should really, but don’t tell anyone). It certainly was not because he wanted to see a certain Park Chanyeol again, and again, and again. He really couldn’t help it though, every time he saw him, he looked even more attractive. But , he’s never even held a decent conversation with the guy. And that really upsets Baekhyun.

But that all changed one day.

It was a Friday evening, only 6:30pm, and Baekhyun had decided to leave the office early. As usually, he walked to the convenience store to grab some snacks, he had a long week and he really needed a movie night. He walked into the store, looking around for Chanyeol. He spotted him putting some drinks in the drink section, back turned to Baekhyun. The smaller released the breath he was holding and quickly walked to the snack section, already knowing exactly what he's going to get. Suddenly, a deep voice was heard right next to him. “I hope you’re getting snacks to eat after a decent meal.” Baekhyun’s head whipped around and he was stuck facing Chanyeol. They were a few feet apart and Baekhyun’s heart started beating faster. “Um well if two servings of cup noodles counts as a decent meal then yes I am,” Chanyeol chuckled and shook his head, “You come here more often than I can count and every time you leave I have to go restock the cup noodles, don't you ever eat out? Or cook?” Baehyun tried to ignore the fact that Chanyeol has noticed him before, key word tried. “Well I work long hours and usually am too tired to cook or go out places, but somehow managed to not gain much weight. Not too sure how that worked out seeing as I consume more cup noodles than the average human.” Chanyeol let out a hearty laugh and Baekhyun almost died. “Well if you're interested… I get off work at 7pm tonight… maybe we could go get a bite to eat?” Baekhyun glanced down at his bags of chips, he was kinda looking forward to his movie marathon, but also what the he can’t let this opportunity go. 

“Or… if you want… you could come over to my place and eat noodles with me and watch some movies? I'm not much of a restaurant person and I know it’s kind of weird to go to a stranger’s place on a first date but I live right across the street and I swear I'm not a creep or anything. I won’t kill you either, well i mean you’re like a foot taller than me, you could easily take me down so maybe I should be worried about you. Wait holy I said date, is this a date? Does this count as a date? Oh my god I'm rambling…” Baekhyun’s voiced narrowed to a whisper when he realized he was rambling out of nerves. But Chanyeol was smiling the whole time because wow Baekhyun was really cute. “I’d like that, it’s a date then. What’s your apartment number? I’ll come over when I get off work.”

After buying his snacks (and of course a ton of cup noodles) and leaving the store with a red face (Chanyeol really liked to flirt with him), he headed back to his apartment to tidy up for his date. He set up blankets and pillows for the movie and cleaned up his living room, and then it hit him. Holy Park Chanyeol is coming to my apartment. For a date. We are on a date. This is actually happening. . How do I breathe??

He heard his doorbell and jumped, almost slipping on the floor. Clumsy Byun.

Taking a few deep breaths, Baekhyun walked over and opened the door. He was greeted with a smiling Chanyeol, which immediately made him smile. “Hey there sunshine.” Blushing, Baekhyun opened the door more to let Chanyeol in, “Hey yourself.”

Two servings of cup noodles, two bags of chips, a bag of popcorn, and two movies later, the couple are watching the ending credits of the last movie. Baekhyun glanced at the clock. 10:35. This is the latest he's stayed up willingly when he's at home. Damn he's getting old.

“Up for another movie or are you gonna call it quits?” “How about instead we talk and get to know each other? All I know about you is that you live across from the store I work at and you consume so many cup noodles I'm afraid you might die at some point.” Baekhyun giggled at that comment, it’s true though, he should probably lay off the cup noodles.

An hour later and they learned a lot about each other. Including an important fact: they have a 7 year . Chanyeol’s only 24, but he doesn't seem to have a problem with their age difference. Baekhyun felt a little hesitant. I mean… 7 years? That’s a big gap. Wouldn't it be weird? But after really getting to know Chanyeol , Baekhyun realized he couldn’t even notice the age difference. They were both dorky and childish, it was almost as if they were the same age. Plus it didn’t help that Chanyeol kept mentioning he likes a man who’s older and more mature (it also didn’t help that he winked at him every 5 minutes). 

And now here they are, having a heated discussion about which Jaws movie is the best. These dorks, really?

 

“Okay but Yeol, listen, the first Jaws movie is the absolute best like you can’t ing beat it. The rest were ,”

 

“Baek, are you stupid? The second movie was clearly the best, the plot was so much better come on.”

 

“Hey idiot, there were so many filming errors in the second movie how on earth could you think it’s the best?”

 

“Listen , the first one was so lame. The acting was cheesy and the plot was so obvious.”

 

“I’m your hyung, don’t call me names you tard. Now listen, do you not know how many times the damn shark looked fake as in the second movie? I could've made a better movie than that dammit.”

 

As they were arguing Baekhyun failed to notice that Chanyeol was getting closer and closer. Baekhyun was obvious as to this, he was too into this argument.

 

“Shut up, at least there was some variety and excitement in the second one,”

“Yeol! The shark was the fakest thing I've ever seen in my life! It was so obvious!”

 

Chanyeol was internally laughing, of course the first one was the best? But seeing Baekhyun get all riled up was amusing and a bit of a turn on. So he kept arguing with him, just to see him get a little mad.

 

“I mean really? How many times do I have to say the shark was so obviously fake. You could see that it was made out of latex and had little machines in it! Like that one scene where the shark’s mouth literally bent when it hit that boat.”

“Why don’t you just shut up already and agree that the second is the best?”

 

“Why don’t you make me! I’ll nev-“

 

“Fine, I will”

 

“Wait, wh-“

 

but before Baekhyun could finish his sentence (and acknowledge the fact that Chanyeol was pretty damn close to his face), he felt a pair of soft lips press onto his own. It was a short kiss, but it still made Baekhyun’s heart flutter. Chanyeol pulled away and observed, the now blushing, Baekhyun.

 

“I’ll agree the second is the best if you kiss me again.”

 

Chanyeol grinned at his words and leaned in again.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

authors note: soooo yeah this was bad ik, but I think I might add another chapter and put some in it lmao. but I'd like to have some feedback! so let me know what I can improve on xx