I Came For You

I Came For You

I love you
I don't love you..
I don't love you any more...
I don't love you any more...

 

An icy wind outside plays with old trees. From the sky full of dark clouds, pour snowflakes on the frozen ground. Young man watch all of this from the window on the second floor of an old family house. He has dark hair, perfectly contrasting with a pale complexion and hazel eyes. Staring out at the winter landscape and recalls how he once loved falling snow  from the sky, cold wind in his hair and slowly reddening cheeks from the winter frost. Today it's different. Today he rather stay inside a slow crumbling house, in the warmth that comes from the fireplace fire. Dressed in a warm sweater, long trousers and woolen socks.

 

I don't love you any more

Or less than you...

Than you did
When you still did.

 

After a few minutes he averts his gaze from the window and sit down at the freshly made bed. Bundle up in a blanket and again, as so often before his eyes wander around the room until his eyes stopped at several framed pictures on his desk. It‘s them, he and his fiance. The first was taken on their first date in a park near the high school, where both once study. Hard to believe it's been ten years. The second is their first joint vacation in Paris, city of lovers. The last one was taken of the night when he was asked to get married. Beautiful memories.

 

Beautiful girls are not beautiful,
Warm hands are so cold,
All clocks have stopped,
Laughing is no longer healthy and soon...

 

Meanwhile outside, descends icy hell. Wind unexpectedly rose and it became a whirlwind. From small snow flakes become a blizzard. The young man pulls a blanket to him a little more and snuggled into the heat. Just for a moment, because soon he will have to get up and attached to the fire more wood. He slowly closes his eyes and wishes to not be alone in this weather, in this winter. But unfortunately he is. And so he get up and goes downstairs. Living room illuminates only the light of a blazing fire. Everything in this house it seems so cold, dark and sad. He quickly comes to the fireplace and threw a few logs in it. He looks at clocks on the wall. Ten minutes to midnight. He doesn’t  have much time. The sooner he gets back to his room the better. He must get there at all costs. The room is his only shelter.

 

I'll be searching for you behind the light,
Where are you? Where are you?
I don't want to be so alone,
Where are you? Where are you?

 

Just when he closed doors and lock it. The bedside clock show midnight. The young man turns every light in the room. Chandelier, both bedside lamps and the one on the desk. From the drawer he pulls matches and a candle with a depiction of Jesus. He pulls the first match, he attempts to light it but he is so nervous and his hands are shaking so bad, that he accidentally break it. Several times he has to take a deep breath and exhale to try for the second time. He succeed. He quickly light a candle and put it to the window. Just in time. His gaze out catch silhouette of a man. He is tall and thin, yet in a blizzard and strong winds his body stay still. Their sights collide. The young man gasps. He make a couple of steps backwards and accidentally extinguishes a consecrated candle. His only hope. Startled, he looks at the wick without flame and then out the window. His eyes widene. Silhouette of a man is gone. And he knows, it‘s too late.

 

Beautiful girls are not beautiful,
Warm hands are so cold,
All clocks have stopped,
Laughing is no longer healthy and soon...

 

The lights in the house begin to flicker. Until finally all completely turn off. The dark-haired young man finds himself in darkness. He's scared but he remembers a box of matches in the pocket of his pants. He hastily draw them and trying to ignite one. Maybe he has still a chance. Perhaps he might be able to re-light a candle, though it probably will not have any effect. He kneel on all fours and begins to search with his hands on the ground. Soon his fingers palpate piece of wax. In the house can be already hear someone's steps The step by step, floor by floor. It's late. He got inside. The young man was startled and curls toward the nearest wall. Unlit candle firmly in his hands. Scared to death he listening to the doorknob turn slowly. And again and again. Until he hear a soft click. The young man closes his eyes and begins to pray. His heart beats in enourmous speed. The door, creaked open. Room flipping gust of cold wind. The young man was shivering with cold and fear. Nothing can’t help him now. 

 

I'll be searching for you behind the light,
Where are you? Where are you?
I don't want to be so alone,
Where are you? Where are you?

 

The floor creaks under the weight of footsteps. A cold gust of wind plays with heavy curtains. Leaves the book, which had been lying untouched on his desk, rotate. Several papers from the same table, fly around the room. Suddenly those steps stops. And there is nothing but silence. Wailing wind stopped. Clouds in the sky parted and only a clear sky remained. Moonlight passing through panes illuminate the room with young man inside. He slowly open his eyes and look around. But ther’s no one. He is alone. He stand up  and makes a few steps toward the bed. He’s relief. On his face appears slight smile. It's end. He‘s gone.

 

I've been searching for you under every stone,
Where are you? Where are you?
I fall asleep with a knife,
Where are you? Where are you?

 

But something inside him telling him it’s not over yet. He shakes his head. He‘s trying to chase away the dark thoughts as he takes few steps nearer to his bed. He suddenly trembled. He got a goosebumps. On the neck he feels cold breath. The temperature in  the room suddenly dropped at least ten degrees. In the moonlight he can suddenly see not only his breathing but also a pair of hands that hug him around the waist. Cold, both hands are unbelievably cold, dead-white and press his back to the figure standing behind him. He is scared very scared. That figure is higher than him, the way it embraces him is so familiar and yet so different. He would turn around, but he can‘t. His heart was beating so fast. He feels that it can jumps out of his  chest right now. Then on the back of his neck he feels icy cold lips. Exactly how he used to known and loved, but now it's so different and scary.

Then silence resound deep velvet voice. "I came to get you, Minnie."

It's a voice that he loved, but now makes him so frightened. "Kyu ..."  he whispers for the last time into silence.

 

 

 

The End...