Birthday Party

Time Machine

 

you hold my hand? Just for this walk… i… just want to see my friend’s reactions.” She blushed as she pointed me the group of people in front of the gate. Maybe they’re her friends.

I intertwined my hand in hers and I saw her blush. “Mianhe, I just want to see something from them.” She smiled.

“It’s okay, in the future holding each other’s hand is a sign of true friendship.” I explained to her.

Then we’re at the front of her friends.

“Minseo?! Who’s that?!” all of them exclaimed then she smiled.

“He’s Lee Donghae, my boyfriend.” She introduced me… As her BOYFRIEND?! I think that my face turned into a tomato as my hand becomes shaky.

“A…Annyeong!” I said to them awkwardly and they all looked surprised.

“Yah! When did you know each other?!” a guy shouted at me. I was surprised as I backed out, still holding Minseo’s hand.

“Kyuhyun-ah, don’t be angry!” she shouted at that guy. So he’s Kyuhyun…

“Mwo? I’m not angry! It’s just that… I was surprised!” he explained.

“Hehe. Anyways, Happy Birthday Kyu!” she greeted him with a big smile.

“Umm, I think I need to go…” I said, shy. She nodded.

“Yah, take care of her okay? And don’t ever make her cry!” Kyuhyun said to me and I nodded, a bit scared.

Minseo dragged me far away from her friends and said. “They all seemed surprised. Ah, jinja! Thanks for that.” She said as she giggled and let go of my hand. “You remember the way home right?”

“Yup!”

She ruffled my hair. “There’s food in the fridge, just eat there or surf the internet. Umm. Take care.”

I hugged her as a sign of goodbye but she was shocked and froze. “That’s goodbye in our time. I guess it means different in this time. Mianhe, I shouldn’t do that.” I smiled as I walked away.

“Be careful!”She shouted back and I waved.

I looked at my hand that was once intertwined with hers and I smiled as my heart calmed down.

 

 

 

 

 

I was looking at my hand as my cheeks began to burn again. I nibble with my finger as I remember his soft hand.

I walked back with my friends and they rained me with different questions.

“Why is it so sudden?!” “He’s handsome! Does he have a brother?” “aigoo! Minseo’s not a kid anymore!” my friends teased me.

“Yah! Quit it!” I stopped them.

It was a boring class and all I could think of was him. From the moment I saw him curled like a ball in Han River, I felt like butterflies started to fly in my stomach. I can’t think of anything but him. Actually, when he first talked I thought that he was crazy, talking about things 100 years from now but based on his sincerity; I felt that everything that he said was true. I know that he wanted to go back on his time because he was worried about his family but I don’t want him to leave my side.

A few hours passed by and it was already dismissal. We were treated by Kyuhyun at lunch and they said that they wanted to have a Soju party at his house. I refused because I don’t really like Soju but they insisted me to come so I agreed and I said that I will go home and change my clothes first.

 

 

I walked into my house and I saw Donghae sleeping peacefully on the sofa. I changed my clothes and I left a note and my other phone to Donghae. I wrote: “Donghae-sshi, I’ll be going home late. There’s a soju party at Kyuhyun’s house. I left a phone to you in case you have some problems there. Thanks!  -Minseo” then I got off and went to Kyuhyun’s house.

I rushed into his house and I saw them already drinking Soju and were telling stories with each other. I sat beside them and they gave me a bottle of Soju.

“Minseo-ah, drink that okay?” Tiffany said, really? I don’t want her to snuggle me again like last time so I got a shot, and another, and another until I felt really dizzy.

“Minseo-ah, how long did you know Donghae?” Jessica said. I got shivers because I can’t tell them that I only met Donghae last day. “Not that long.”

“So how did you two met?” Tiffany said. “We met at Han River while I was drawing there.” I told them the truth.

“Oh, he’s handsome and I envy you!” Sunny said as I laugh. “Quit it Sunny!”

After that, I drank 4 shots of Soju and I felt that I was half-drunk. I mean I’m really drunk here.

“Minseo-ah, you should sleep at the couch. Don’t worry it’s okay.” Kyuhyun said. At least there’s someone here that was concerned about me. I obeyed him and lied on the couch and I fell asleep. After a while I opened my eyes and heard them talking seriously about something.