Part 4

Forty Minutes

Nothing she says is registering in my head.  All I see are her lips moving.

 

Jungsoo?  Who the heck is Jungsoo?  Ah, right, I didn’t even ask what his name was . . . my bad.

“Jungsoo?  Who is he?” my mom asks.

Kay . . . I probably should have used a girl’s name . . . my bad, again.

“A classmate.”

Just kidding.  He’s this random guy I met on the street.  I’m in his house right now.

“Do you like him?”

WHAT?!

“What?!  No mom, no!  Why do you always assume that?”

I swear, she wants me to have a boyfriend more than I do.

“I didn’t assume anything!  I was just asking!  Is he cute though?”

“Oh mom . . .”

Yes, he’s cute.  Very cute actually.  And by that, I mean Korean idol, god-like, cuter than G-Dragon from Big Bang cute.  I don’t want him as my boyfriend or anything though, right?  I’m not that shallow, I barely know the guy.  But . . . am I blushing?

I quickly change the subject, “So . . can you pick me up?”

“Do I have a choice?”  She sighs.  “What’s the address?”

I have no idea.

“Uhh, just a sec.”

I turn to “Jungsoo” and ask, “Hey uhm, what’s your address?”  He doesn’t respond.  I take a closer look at him and find that he’s looking at me directly, but somehow totally spacing out.

“Uhm, what’s your address?” I ask louder.

Nope, nothing.  This isn’t going to work.

I use my index finger and start poking his knee.

 

Woah, my knee is prickling – a nice kind of prickling though, haha.

Oh, isn’t moving anymore.  I wonder why.

 

Okay then . . . this isn’t going to work either . . .

I stop poking him.  Instead, I put my hand on his thigh and start to shake him.  A few seconds pass and

nothing.

A few more seconds pass and

still nothing.

 

Why does my leg feel so warm?  The warmth is spreading throughout my entire body, and the prickling is too.  I don’t want it to stop.

 

He is looking in my direction though . . . what’s wrong with him?

 

Wait . . . the warmth . . . is it coming from her?

 

OH MY GOD!  Maybe that’s his pre face!  And this is like his trick to get me all confused!

 

HOLY SH-T SHE’S TOUCHING YOU!

 

In utter shock at my thoughts, my hand tightens on his thigh.

 

My heart beats crazily as I feel all my blood rushing to where her hand tightly grips my thigh.  My heart is jumping out of my chest and I can’t control my body anymore.

 

“GAAH!” he screams, losing his balance and toppling to the floor.

 

“AHH!” she screams in response to my reaction and falls back against the couch.

 

My eyes open wide.

What the heck just happened?!

 

We both lie on our backs (me, sprawled out on the floor)

for what feels like an eternity.  My heartbeat is still beating at the speed of light and it feels as if her hand burned a hole through my jeans.  What the heck did I just do?  Why am I on the floor right now?  My mind is blank.  All I can think of is the feeling of her hand on my body.  That feeling . . . that sensation . . . first it’s like fire on my skin, then it becomes a million electrons flying between our cells, and then it feels like her hand has turned into a single feather.  No, no.  Jiyong, get your a-s off the floor.

 

I slowly sit back up and try to regain my senses.

Okay . . . so . . . what happened?

I look up and realize that he has gotten up as well.  He’s looking at me again, but this time his eyes are in focus.

His eyes are beautiful.

From the look in them, I think it’s safe to say that no, that was not his pre face earlier.  Mm . . his eyes . . there’s something about them.  Why can’t I stop looking?

 

Uhh, Jiyong, you’re staring at her again.  Yeah, I know,

and she’s staring back.

What was I going to do?  Her eyes . . . they’ve put a stop to every gear in my body.  Except, my heart.  I can hear each beat echoing loudly in my ears; each beat seems to synchronise with every breath she exhales.

 

This isn’t right.  What’s going on?  My head is a swirl.  What are you doing ___?  Go back to reality.

I suddenly become conscious of the phone in my hand.

Oh right, address.

“Mom, are you still there?”

“Yes.  Is everything okay?  I heard screams.”  She sounds worried.

“Yeah, everything’s fine.  Perfectly fine.  We just . . fell.”

“Fell?  What, how?  Are you hurt??”

“No we’re not mom, don’t worry.”

Is it just me, or do I sound like I’m in a trance?

He’s still looking at me, and I’m still looking at him.

Why is it that I feel perfectly comfortable?

“So what’s Jungsoo’s address, honey?”

“Huh?  Ah, address.  I’ll get it.”

I move the phone away from my mouth.

“What’s your address?” I ask him.

 

Weird, I can hear and understand everything she’s saying now.

“18 Gihoe Avenue” I reply.

 

 

 


Gaaah.  Super super super late update.  DD:  Sorry!  I'm just .. just .. really really lazy.  But I have been semi-busy with work and holidays and stuff!  So .. I have half an excuse.

Blaah, but yeah, excuses aside, I sincerely hope that everyone enjoyed/is enjoying the holiday season.  And if you celebrate Christmas, let's say that this is a late Christmas present?  Yeah, yeah?  No? ... okay then.

Ehh .. anywhooos .. yeah, sorry for the late update, have a Happy New Year, and as always, thanks for reading!

 

(BTW .. Gihoe is supposed to mean "chance."  If that's not what it means .. err .. my bad.  I just used google translator. D:)