chapter 1.

room sixtyouǝ

Chanyeol looked at the number that hung on the door. 61, how nice. He opened the door and walked inside, there was two beds and a table in the middle. The room was narrow but alright. It was only a bedroom with one huge wardrobe and a working table in the room. The kitchen were being shared with two others, the toilet as well. The total of four. The other students had the same treatment. Chanyeol looked forward to meet his roommate, what could possible go wrong? Chanyeol decided to settle down, unpack a few things, like his caps and rilakkuma plushies. He exhaled once he was done then walking out the door, slamming it shut, causing the last number “1” to flip upside down due its oldness. The tall boy leaving his room, not noticing the mess he’d already cause for his roommate to deal with.

A short boy, named Kyungsoo arrived soon after, a matter of minutes. His eyes staring at the hanging letter on the door. He shrugged his shoulders, opening the door to step inside. He stopped in the middle of the opening as he spotted the messy bag, caps and plushies sitting on one on the beds. The feeling of regret already filling his senses. This is what Baekhyun has trained me for, he thought. He had no idea why he was friend with that idiot, but he knew he could handle the most if he could be around a person like Baekhyun. He put his bag beside the free bed and started unpack, putting his things in order like the neat person he was. Not like his other friend at home, Minseok, but enough to keep track of own things.

The red haired boy bragged inside the room to get his guitar as he spotted the shorter one busy unpacking. The other one’s eyes widening fro the sudden noise. “Hello, my name is Chanyeol, you can call me Chan or Yeol.” Chanyeol reached out his huge hand towards the dark haired boy with a huge smile. The other just stared, his eyes still as wide before he took his hand. “I’m Kyungsoo.” Kyungsoo introduced himself as well and shook the giant's hand then reattached his by his side. “Soo, it is! or maybe Kyung?” Chanyeol grinned. “Just Kyungsoo.” Kyungsoo just mumbled before he returned to his unpacking. “Okay, then. Soo.” Chanyeol grin stayed over his lips before he grabbed his guitar. “I’ll be going. See you later.” The red haired boy beamed, slamming the door shut, causing the number “1” to fall down. The other boy emitting a unhearable sigh from the inside of the room.

Chanyeol ran across the hallway into the music room where his already new made friend Yixing sat. He had decided to study overseas, traveling from China. He was innocent looking with two dimples that showed whenever he smiled. Chanyeol didn’t have any problem making friends, he went along with the most people. He played his own guitar and Yixing took the piano that was placed in the middle of the room. They tried out a lot of variations of combinations and genres, trying to find matching ones. Chanyeol could spot his roomie walk past from one of the windows in the corner of his eye. He felt curious take over his system but he didn’t want to leave Yixing either and decided to stay. Chanyeol and Yixing continued to play. They played past 6 o’clock and it was time to leave. The place had rules, one of them were to be inside their room at 10 o’clock. Way too early for most of the students but that was the rules. He knew he would need to break them sooner or later but not noday. He and Yixing parted ways after bidding goodbye outside the music room and the taller one walked straight towards his room, having a little trouble to find his own place since the last number cried on the floor after have falling down earlier that day. Chanyeol grabbed his toothbrush and toothpaste and walked into the restroom, meeting the people he and Kyungsoo would share restroom and kitchen with. He took a look at both of them, almost his height if not as tall, poor little Kyungsoo. “My name is Chanyeol, you call me Chan or Yeol.” A wide grin played over his lips as he reached out his hand towards one of them. “I’m Sehun, nice to meet you.” The boy said. His face looked like a “resting face.” but Chanyeol had learn to never judge, he bet the boy was nice. “I’m Jongin, my friends call me Kai. Nice to meet you too.” The boy with bronzed skin took his hand as well, shaking it. They both looked incredible good for being students, maybe they were models, Chanyeol thought. Or maybe just lucky. “Do you two know each other?” Chanyeol blurred out while they waited for Kyungsoo to finish up. “We have been friends since kindergarden.” Jongin confirmed, nodding his head. “We’re very close.” Sehun added. “What made you come here?” Chanyeol continued to ask, being the curious one. “We thought it would be nice to study here, meeting new people from overseas, sharing the same interests as us. How about you, Chan?” Sehun spoke for both of them then throwing the question back. “That sounds great! I wanted to share my music with others and meet new people.” He responded, being aware his reasons sounded like trash compared to theirs but he didn’t mind. “Looks like it’s my turn now.” He grinned, walking into the restroom when Kyungsoo was done. He finished up quickly then let Sehun and Jongin do theirs. He walked past the number that still sniffled on the ground, slamming the door shut. He settled down on his bed, throwing legs up as his head hit the soft pillow. He looked over to watch Kyungsoo exchange to a black t-shirt, actually everything on his was black even his underwear. He looked up the roof quickly when Kyungsoo turned around, pretending to be thinking before he also exchanged clothes. He changed his t-shirt as well to a sleeveless white shirt. He put his clothes on the lower part of the drawer, finding it stupid since he was clearly the tallest one. “Maybe we should switch place? My back will hurt if I need to bend for a whole semester like this.” He suggested, letting a sheepish smile forming his lips when Kyungsoo looked up. The shorter one just emitting a sigh before going back to the book he’d pick up while Chanyeol exchanged clothes. “Thank you.” Chanyeol said, taking Kyungsoo’s sigh as a “yes.” He settled down on his bed once again, turning the lamp off, causing Kyungsoo to sigh once more. An excuse being voiced into the darkness before the light being flicked on again.