Welcome~

The Unlikely Duo

Today was her first day in the new school. After her dad passed away, her mother was trying to push her as close to the top as possible. Her mother spent all the extra money to get her into a top notch school, among all the ritzy kids. However, she wasn't like that at all. In the ten minutes she was in the building, she must have been tripped three times and her books knocked from her hands twice. She sighed. Today would be the longest day of her life. She walked into her classroom and made her way to the teacher.

"Hello Park Sonsaengnim~," she said as she bowed in respect.

"Ah hello Emily," he replied. "Welcome to the school. I hope you like it here," he smiled and gestured to the back of the room. "You can wait there as I assign seats."

"Kamsahamnida," she thanked him, bowing again to turn to walk to the back of the room. That's the first time she saw him. The first time she say his smile. The first time she saw his deep, brown eyes. The blood rushed to her cheeks, making her blush almost instantly. She soon found out that he was one of the most popular guys, and bound to be a complete jerk, but nonetheless she was completely attracted to him. After she reached the back of the room, she quickly glanced at the floor, and held her books close to her chest. The teacher started seating and as people filed away from the back, she noticed that he was still standing there as well. 

"Dongwoon! You sit there," the teacher pointed to a seat, "and Emily, you sit right in front of him." After he took his seat, she slowly walked by him, glancing on the way. He gave her a soft smile, to which she giggled and blushed. 

"Annyeong~," she smiled, giving a slight wave. He nodded his head in response. Suddenly, all his friends started laughing. Her smile quickly turned into a frown. Heaving another sigh, she sunk into her chair. Tears started stinging at her eyes. It was her first day at the new school and she knew she was going to completely hate it here. Dongwoon snickered behind her.

"Emily, is everything alright?" the teacher asked.

"N-ne. Kamsahamnida Park sonsaengnim~" she replied, her voice quavering.

Finally class was over. Just as she was about to stand up, Dongwoon pushed his way past her, kicking her books in the process. He looked down and shrugged. "Sorry~" he said sarcastically. He chuckled and his friends started to laugh again. They all came over and hovered around.

"Why don't you pick it up?" they sneered at her. "What are you afraid?" they teased. As soon as she reached for her belongings, they kicked them further away. "Yah! Dongwoon let's go. It's not even worth our time," they said walking away.

"Yeah..." he agreed, not budging. He stood there with one hand gripping onto the strap of his backpack. His eyebrows furrowed together. "I'm sorry," he mouthed, quickly bending down to pick up a few books and placing them on her desk. Without a word, he quickly his heel and followed his friends out the door.