Prologue

Marriage of Convenience

Mingyu’s POV

Jeon Wonwoo.

My best friend. Was.

From what I can remember, we’ve known each other since forever. We’re introduced to each other by our parents when we’re still 3 years old. And, somehow, he is the only one I can consider friend in my childhood. Attending home-school, I only played with him or the maids.

Until, 7 years ago, my parents growing business forced us to move to another country, leaving Wonwoo behind. For expansion, my father said. The memories of our last day together is still vivid in my mind.

So, you’re leaving?” Wonwoo asked.

Yeah, I have to.” I answered with tears starting to form in the corner of my eyes.

Don’t cry, it’s not like you will die or something.

But… But…

Come here.” Wonwoo hugged me, tightly. The tightest and longest hug I’ve ever received from him. And with that, he sent me away with a huge smile, the brightest and most beautiful smile I’ve seen in my whole life.

You can still visit me on summer, right?

Of course. I’ll definitely go here every summer break, and winter break too. And on Thanksgiving too.

But I never did. My parents were busy all the time, we never got time for a trip. And at that time, I didn’t have any way to contact Wonwoo. We didn’t have our phones back then. And apparently, they also moved out a few months after I left, and I don’t know his new address. Hence, for the past seven years, I lived only with what left of him in my memory.