Healed by Dr Yoon

Doctor, please heal me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chorong POV

I watched as she fell asleep soundly beside me, it's so sad knowing that this happiness I'm feeling is only temporal. I trace my fingers along the lines of her face, I didn't want to forget this sweet picture perfected memory.

Underneath my facade of smiles, lies a soul so broken and I can't find a reason to hold on anymore. I can't afford to let her fall deeper for me, I can't afford to let her suffer from a heartbreak when she know what kind of monster I am, I can't afford to hold her. I watched as my messy scars hidden beneath my clean white sleeves unveiled, marks of the devil were all visible but yet I hide it with a almost perfect outlook.

But it's all lies.

People don't understand how I was hanging on a thread, I was walking on a thin line between  life and death. I was walking carefully all this while, will my next step still be safe? Or will I lose balance and plunged to my death? I lose my footing when I lost Mong Mong, my only emotional support. Sounds like a joke doesn't it? A dog as my only reliance? But more than a pet, Mong Mong was my only companion. Losing him was losing a huge part of my life and my only diminishing hopes in life.

Yea, I get it. You'll never understand.

I watched her calm sleeping demeanor as a a bittersweet smile escaped my face. My hearts has crumbled long ago, having a family who abandons me, losing everyone. But knowing that after tomorrow I won't see Bomi, the only one who protects and takes my pain away; made my heart fall into bits. I stared at her throughout the dark night. The purple night skies turned orange and a little drop of sun falls on us, morning has finally arrived.

Time to say goodbye.

I leaned in and left a quick peck on her forehead. I was longing for her touch but yet I pushed her away. Ironic right?

 

 

I briefly wrote a note:

"Dear Bomi, You're always the best part of me...

-Chorong"

 

 

Chorong's fingers lingered on the corner of the paper, crumpling it a little. Just like her crumpled trust towards the word, just like her lingering longingness towards Bomi. Those were her uncertain last words she decided upon erasing and rewriting for countless times.

She was so engrossed in that she didn't notice the cute messy head who have sneakily crept up behind her. As Chorong was preparing herself to get up and leave, she was stopped by a weight on her shoulders as Bomi wrapped her arms around her securely, before whispering softly into her ears.

"Where do you think you're going? I'm not letting you go a second time Chorong ah..." Bomi's voice sent shudders down her spine.

Chorong was stumped. She tried squirming around to break loose of Bomi's embrace only to be locked in doubly tighter.

"Don't." Bomi's voice was stern yet sincere.

"Don't push me away."

"Bbom ah I can't... I'm a monster."  Chorong's fragile voice croaked together with Bomi's heart.

"I'm hopeless."

Her vulnerable frame started shaking as tears that she's been holding back, pours out of her eyes like the Niagara falls. Her heart was tore apart pieces by piece, and her soul was already at the devil's side.

"You're not hopeless, yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter