Sidetrack

Makeover

***I'd like to apologize in advance if the format of my writing ends up kind of funky looking and peculiar. I'm updating this chapter through mobile, so I won't be able to edit the format as efficiently.


"Pucker your lips." The command escaped Namjoo's lips in the form of a whine. She had been repeating the three-word phrase for the nth time, yet her lovely little makeup dummy, Youngjae, still refused to comply. Namjoo watched as Youngjae stared at her with distaste, stubbornly shaking his head 'no' at her order. If the female thought he'd voluntarily allow her to cover his lips in a hue of red, then she was definitely wrong. After all, Youngjae didn't think having his lips coated with the useless stick of color was necessary. He thought the shade of his lips were naturally an appealing color, and he liked them the way they were.
"Youngjae, please." Namjoo groaned, shifting to adjust the way she was seated on his thighs, legs on either side of his waist. She leaned closer to his face, moving the lipstick closer to his mouth in another attempt to smear his lips with the makeup. Though her advance at coloring his lips was a good one, it still resulted in failure when Youngjae turned his face to the side, his cheek facing Namjoo instead to express his unchanging refusal.
"Youngjaeeee!" The female voiced her dissatisfaction. She stared down at the male with a frustrated gaze, tousling her own hair in annoyance. When Youngjae stuck his tongue out at her, giving a cheeky smile afterwards-- Namjoo could only gaze back at the male wordlessly with lips formed into a small pout.
"You're really no fun." She commented glumly, pressing the lipstick cap back on with a faint click. With eyes lowered to stare at her hands as she fiddled with the lipstick container, she hummed slightly in contemplation, wondering if she should even bother continuing on with her customization with Youngjae's face. Considering how much of a kill joy Youngjae was being when it came to touching a simple aspect of his face like his lips, she decided Youngjae would probably disallow her to touch anything else. Thus, she decided she ought to just let Youngjae keep his man pride intact and cancel her makeup mission.
"Fine, have it your way." She huffed softly, climbing off of Youngjae. "I give up on putting makeup on you." She added, her voice speaking in a quite mutter.
Youngjae stared up at Namjoo— who was his girlfriend, if I may add— and chuckled softly to himself. He found Namjoo cute when she was upset, and he could only watch on as Namjoo stuffed her lipstick into her pants pocket.
Taking notice of the amusement in her boyfriend's face, Namjoo scowled at Youngjae. "What are you laughing at?" She asked dryly. A sour expression was strewn on her face as she looked down at the male who stayed seated on the couch.
"No need to be so sour." He grinned slightly, "How about you continue my makeup instead of being all sulky, hm?"
He leaned forth and grabbed at her hand. Gently urging the female towards him with a tug at the hand he held within his own, he pulled her to sit on his lap once more. With arms encircling around her waist, holding her firm with security, he tilted his head at the female expectantly, awaiting for her to speak and continue the makeover.
"I'd rather not." Namjoo spoke finally, crossing her arms infront of her chest stubbornly. "You're going to act all defiant again, and it'll be no fun."
She listened to Youngjae chuckle in reply, and in return, she jutted her lower lip out in a sulky manner.
"You're laughing because you know I'm right, huh?" She inferred. Clearly her assumption was correct, for Youngjae only laughed more in response. Puffing her cheeks and then deflating them, Namjoo blew at her bangs before frowning. "Such a butthead." She complained.
"But you love this butthead." The male retorted with a mischievous smile. He leaned his head closer to the female's face, resulting in a faint blush to color Namjoo's cheeks. "Isn't that right, Namjoo?" He questioned with an impish tone.
Puckering his lips, he leaned closer to the female with the intention of kissing her, but Namjoo's index finger stopped him. Lightly pushing his forehead back with her finger, Namjoo clicked her tongue in disapproval as she shook her head.
"If you think I'll let you kiss me after being such a killjoy and a tease, then you're absolutely wrong, Mr. Yoo Youngjae." She stated as the corners of her lips curved up slightly.
Youngjae could only groan and whine in response, but the female paid no attention. She simply changed her position on his lap by sitting so that her back was facing him. 
"Namjoo," The male called in discontent. Namjoo could feel his grip around her waist tighten as he pulled her so that her back was against his chest. She pressed her lips together to stifle a smile, trying to maintain a stoic impression.
"Namjooooo..." He spoke once more, resting his chin upon her shoulder. When the female refused to reply, he began to place pecks on her cheek repeatedly.
"Pay attention to me." He spoke each word of the sentence separately in between pecks to her face. His request, of course, was still ignored.
"Joo." He said in a sing song voice, "You can't ignore me forever~" And after saying those words, he changed his actions of kissing her cheek into giving playful nibbles and bites to her shoulders and neck.
"Hey, hey, hey." Namjoo finally broke her silence. "No biting." 
"Theeeenn...." Youngjae prolonged the time it took to say the simple word, "I'll just do this instead-"
With a small smirk, Youngjae's arms loosened around Namjoo's torso and he began to attack her petite body with tickles. Within no time, Namjoo found herself squealing and giggling as she tried to cower away from Youngjae's reach. She was extremely ticklish and she didn't like it when anyone tickled her.
"Y-Yah, stop that." She managed to whine in between fits of laughter. She continued to flail and fight Youngjae off for a couple more minutes before finally surrendering and succumbing to her fate, allowing her boyfriend to tickle her freely. Moments later, Youngjae finally stopped his tickle torture and let the female breathe.
Once she caught her breath, Namjoo immediately shot Youngjae a tiny glare. "You really are a butthead."
"It was the only thing I could think of that would get you to talk to me." Youngjae simply shrugged with nonchalance.
Namjoo only rolled her eyes at his explanation. As the female basked in the realization of how irksome her boyfriend was, Youngjae took the chance to capture Namjoo's lips with his own for the kiss he long awaited. Namjoo who was unsuspecting of his actions, had eyes wide in surprise, but allowed him to proceed with the kiss anyways. She even urged him to kiss her deeper, her arms snaking around Youngjae's neck to hold him close as their lips molded together in perfect harmony.
Namjoo could feel her boyfriend smile against her lips and into the kiss in appreciation of her inviting actions. Pulling away moments later, Youngjae pressed his forehead against Namjoo's. A smile spread across his face as he stared into Namjoo's eyes.
"I love you." He spoke sincerely. Namjoo could feel the passion of Youngjae's heart within the statement, and her eyes gleamed in happiness.
"I love you too." She returned his feelings. A wave of bashfulness washed over the female when Youngjae continued to stare at her intently, full of love and satisfied with her answer. Lowering her gaze down shyly, she pretended to busy herself with straightening Youngjae's shirt— which was wrinkled from earlier's tickle fight.
Youngjae could only chuckle at her actions before suggesting once more:
"So, how about you continue with that makeup of mine?"


Here's the first portion of the two-shot. Truthfully this was only intended to be a oneshot, but I had way too much fun and added more to the story than I had meant to, thus this chapter is titled "Sidetrack." Anyways, the real makeover will commence in the next chapter. Please anticipate. ^^ Also, feedback is very much appreciated. <3 aha