A New Life

Love Again

Wendy have just arrived at her the university. It wasn't just any university, it was the University of Performing Arts. A place full of talented students from across the globe. They do not just let anyone attend their school. You must either have a close contact with the adults in the school, a soon-to-be idol or be very talented and have potential. Although Wendy has a very impressive background with her straight A's and talents, her mother was also a student graduate therefore she had some people that helped her.

She stared at the campus building with a Porsche Cayenne parked and ready for a drive. Wendy was opposed to her mom buying her a car as student's rooms were just a few metres from the University itself, but her mother was very persistent so in the end, she gave in. Her adoptive parents are loaded. Legit, loaded with money. Although, that wasn't the reason that she loved them. In fact, she never liked receiving money from them, but they were very persistent. It always results to her just admitting her defeat.

I guess I better get used to this, she thought to herself. She entered the building and was welcomed by the smell of fresh paint and wood. It was already fully furnished which was no surprise to Wendy. She had a bit of trouble finding her own place, but she managed with a help of one of the older students. It was the perfect size for her. One master bedroom with a bathroom, a spacious living room with an open kitchen on the right, and a study room with a wall-covered books and table games.

The school had a selection of living with someone, from a single roommate to three or alone. She chose to live alone, thinking it probably wouldn't be a good idea to have people around her 24/7. She wanted her alone time too, considering she'd spend most of her time in the campus, she thought maybe getting a room for herself would create some time away from the student body.

After she had finished unpacking and having her dinner, she headed straight to her computer and recorded a new cover. She had an acceptable amount of subscribers, though she never thought she'd even manage to get atleast one. She's very thankful for them. She would even receive song requests and would happily do it for them. When she started her YouTube channel, her main purpose was to enjoy her singing and not care about the negative comments she'd receive. Instead of reading hateful comments, she checked her YouTube videos one day, only to see people praising her for her talent and that really made her happy. She replies a lot to her viewers, not forgetting to always add a heart in the end. It was possibly the best communication she had done.

She mostly sings in Korean, because she's more comfortable with her first language. She enjoys the way the words would leave in a warm and soft way. English was no problem for her though. She makes English covers here in there for her viewers, but Korean songs still had a place in her heart.

 

She started strumming her guitar softly for the intro, her eyes closed as if she's lost in the melody.

 

I laid down and the sunlight became powder, drying my moist eyes

A black ant is on my arm like a freckle but I don't brush it off

 

The first verse left in a slightly humming manner, but her words were still understandable.

 

It is the only thing that is next to me

Will you climb up my arm and go into my earphones and listen to my song together?

In Urban Green, am I being comforted? Will the blueness make me forget everything?

In Urban Green, will I be able to deephy fall asleep? If only you were here when I opened my eyes

It is the only thing that is next to me

Will you climb up my arm and go into my earphones and listen to my song together?

In Urban Green, am I being comforted? Will the blueness make me forget everything?

In Urban Green, will I be able to deephy fall asleep? If only you were here when I opened my eyes

 

She repeated the pre-chorus and the chorus twice, still strumming her guitar and playing the chords so softly.

 

In Urban Grey, why am I more comfortable here? The familiar indifference, the egoism that is just right

In Urban Grey, I can fall deeply asleep here because it feels like you have left forever

 

Ending the song with the last chord ringing in her ear, her eyes still remained closed as did the same. She waited for a few seconds, the melody still lingering until it disappeared. Opening her eyes, her vision slightly blurred as her eyes were closed for too long. She stretched her right arm over to her laptop and pressed the button. Not long enough, she posted the video on YouTube and waited for a few seconds till she saw her views, steadily making it's way up. She smiles at the view with content.

 

Slapping her laptop closed, she got ready for bed. She had an eerie feeling about tomorrow, it wasn't bad but rather it makes the butterfly in her stomach go crazy. Her feet lead her to her bed and sloppily hopped on it. She closed her eyes, unaware of what's about to happen.

 


 

She wasn't nervous, but rather excited though she couldn't deny, she was slightly anxious. On the way, she had a bit of trouble finding the University, as there wasn't just one building in the campus. It was predictable as she have never been in Seoul ever since she was a kid with a diaper on.

She didn't expect much, but she had to be honest, the school was very exquisite and very clean. It took her a while to find the Head Master's office for the introduction of the school. She was nice, Wendy noted.  Maybe it was because she was the adoptive daughter of the principal's favorite student, but she spoke friendly with a mix of professionalism. Wendy never thought they would go well together, but her principal proved otherwise.

 

''I'm going to have a student show you around if that's alright with you, Wendy-shi?'', the woman informed.

 

Wendy nodded as an answer and she understood. She noticed how Wendy hadn't said much for the entire conversation, but she did'n't to comment about it. Wendy thought that her mother had probably told the woman about her ''defect''. After what seemed to be hours, there was a knock on the door.

 

''I'm here.'', A girl slowly opened the door, her head in between. She was looking around until she set her eyes on the target, Wendy. Wendy's heart was thumping at the sight of the girl. She was beautiful, Wendy thought. The girl's beaming smile, never leaving her face, didn't make it any better for Wendy. A bear?

 

''Seulgi, it was nice meeting you again. Have you been studying well for this year?'', the principal greeted the student, her eyebrow lifted in amusement at the younger girl.

 

''Of course Jessica-seonsaengnim! You know me. I am very careful with my grades.'', they both laughed at the same time. Wendy thought that maybe it was only a joke and that made her smile at the girl.

 

She found the smiling bear very interesting and was a bit envy of her. At how she could keep a conversation going with her positive humour that fits with her smile, never stuttering a word. The two have been talking for a while and the Canadian was just there listening to their conversation with such admiration. They had completely forgotten about everything and so did she.

 

''Ah!'', Jessica snapped her fingers. ''Wendy is the student you're supposed to show around the campus.'', she pointed at me making Seulgi, from what Wendy heard from Jessica, once again looked at me with those eyes that could instantly make her heart beat faster and oh why did Wendy have to look at that smile. It was rude, yet comforting.

 

''Well Wendy-shi, nice to meet you. I'm Seulgi and I'm here to show you around.'', Seulgi reached for the latter's hand, shaking it.

 

It was rather satisfying, Wendy thought. She had never heard and seen anyone this bright. It was attractive to Wendy's eyes. She hadn't said much to the girl, but she would still keep listening to her at ease. The girl didn't seem to mind the lack of words that came out of Wendy's mouth. Seulgi believed that maybe she wasn't the chatty type, but she still kept telling her stories as the girl beside her seems to enjoy it.

 

''You know, you remind me of a friend.'', that made Wendy look at her with an eyebrow raised in confusion. ''She's not very talkative. She doesn't show her interest whenever I talk, like you do. She'd always have her eyes focused on her book, but I'd say otherwise. I know she listens to me, cause sometimes she even comments on the topic.''

 

''A friend?'', Wendy seemed to flinch at the words that came out of . She never thought she'd talk or reply to Seulgi. The girl nodded, smiling at her silly actions.

 

''We met at the age of 4 and from then on, we were unable to seperate ourselves from each other. We're always together and would cry if it was time to go home. I was always the one to engage the conversation. She didn't speak much even at a young age, but if she does, she can be very demanding and straight-forward, but that's what I like about her''

 

Wendy dropped her gaze at the floor, nodding her head slowly. How lucky must that friend be to have someone like Seulgi. She wished she met a girl like Seulgi when she was at that age, but instead she'd just keep her distance away from the kids in the hospital. It was for their own good, she reasoned. 

 


 

After showing Wendy around, Seulgi headed straight to their usual meet-up. It was on the roof of the building with a garden set. Seulgi, Her friend and her evil little sister have always spent their free time here. They have decided to make this their spot, as noone really went here on their own. Scared of heights maybe, Seulgi thought. She spotted her friend, her back facing Seulgi and she was ready to scare the crap out of her, only to be the victim instead. She fell, her first, hearing a demonic laugh in the background.

 

''How many times have I told you to not do that, you little shi-''

 

''Language.'', her friend warned her, still facing her back to them and focused on her book. The made the little girl laugh even louder, sticking her tongue out to Seulgi.

 

She stood up and brushed her off, glaring at the little devil. The younger looked frightened as she ran to her older sister, hiding behind her. Seulgi approached her friend, sitting beside her and lowering her head at the friend's eye level.

 

''What is it now Seulgi?''

 

''Can't you appreciate your friend's presence? Everytime I come up here to meet you, your eyes are always on your book.'', Seulgi complained, releasing a pout and crossing her arms.

 

''Unnie, you're not a kid. Stop that.''

 

''I won't stop until your sister finally closes that book, Yeri-ah.'', she resisted.

 

''Fine'', her friend gave in, closing her book and putting it firmly on her lap.

 

Bae Joohyun, that's her friends name, but she'd rather go by the name Irene. She's a year older than Seulgi. They met at a playground when they were kids. She approached the older one day and did her best to communicate with her. Irene never said a word to Seulgi, but that didn't stop her from trying. After a few years of listening to the younger, Irene finally decided to talk and that made Seulgi very happy. It went well for a few years. They went to the same school, high-school and even college. Never leaving eachother behind, until her little sister came.

Although Seulgi loved Yeri, the little kid can be very annoying at times. Always pranking the poor bear, as she was the easiest victim. There are times where she laughed it off, but there were times where she had had enough of it. She didn't seem to understand Seulgi's yelp and had no intention to stop at any point. When Seulgi and Irene have left their home for College, Seulgi was the happiest. It meant that she never had to go to the older's house and meet the sneaky sister. Of course, happiness are only temporary. She received the news from Irene. Now that Yeri is attending the same university as Seulgi, she had no choice but to wait until senior year and the graduation. The pranks have yet to start, as it was only the first day of school. But Seulgi cannot wait for the upcoming torture to be over.

 

''Don't you have classes right now, Bae Yerim?'', Irene asked sternly and that made the bear and the demon flinch.

 

''Ah yes, unnie. I'm off to my first class!'', she waved her hands, not forgetting to stick her tongue at the bear one last time. Seulgi did the same and even waving both of her hands beside her ears. When it comes to Irene's command, Yeri is helpless. There are times where she can joke around her older sister, but when she spoke at a very strict manner, Yeri knew that she shouldn't go any further. Before the youngest could step out of the rooftop, the bell rang indicating an upcoming announcement.

 

''In 10 minutes, the students must gather at the hall for an introduction.'', said the voice that could be heard at every corner of the campus. Yeri high-fived herself and ran back to her two unnies.

So much for wanting a devil-free time. Seulgi rolled her eyes.

 


 

As soon as they stepped in the hall, all eyes were on the three. Compliments were heard from each directions even welcoming the little sister.

 

''Woah, they're still as gorgeous as ever''

 

'' bro, i'd totally get that.''

 

''Is that the little sister? No wonder, she's just as beautiful.'', Yeri noted.

 

Seulgi spotted the familiar blonde hair and made her unnie and the youngest follow her. She sat beside the foreigner, who's still unaware of the beauties surrounding her. Irene sat beside Seulgi, while Yeri had to ask the person sitting on the left side of Wendy to move. It was no problem though as that person gave in in a second, still drooling over the Freshman. The Canadian has yet to notice their presence and that made Seulgi frown.

 

''Hey'', she greeted Wendy, giving the girl a heart attack. She jumped to her left side, closing her distance with Yeri and her right hand reaching for her fast-beating heart.

 

''Hello'', the youngest whispered to the latters ear to scare her some more, which was a success. She stood up, facing them in shock.

 

''Sorry, we didn't mean to scare you.'', Seulgi tapped the now vacant chair, signalling for Wendy to sit back down. As she was about to, her eyes was met by the stranger sitting on the right side of Seulgi.

 

What is with these beautiful people? This is going to be a painful year. Wendy released a heavy sigh, finally sitting down on her chair.

~*~

A/N: Sooooooooo? Did you enjoy it? Was it good? Was it okay? Was it atleast fun to read? I wanted to finish this so bad. I haven't checked for spelling or grammar errors yet. It's already 1:30 in the morning and I'm really tired. Maybe I'll check when I wake up. The song that Wendy covered is called Urban Green by Lim Kim. Anyways, hope you guys enjoyed! This was the first chapter! Hopefully there's many more to come hehe