1-END

In the Eyes of the Shadow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There he was again.

What was he doing in here?

Almost every day I got here, my eyes always found their way to his figure.

I knew this place was the raging trend among people these days.

People went here like once every week or every day just to have lunch, hanging out for coffee or even taking their children to play on the huge arcade on the top floor.

I had never notice any other people like I did him though…

He made it to my peripheral vision every time even when I wasn’t looking for him.

He seemed to like this place too, like myself.

I saw him on that coffee shop; playing with his phone or hanging out with his peers.

I saw him on that book store; he seemed to want to buy several English novels but always thought twice or thrice to buy one.

I saw him on the cinema; laughing quietly and whispering to his boyfriend.

I saw him on the grocery store; meticulously picking fresh vegetables and arguing with his family on which snacks to buy.

I might be called a stalker, but I didn’t feel myself as one.

I always found him accidentally; when I was at one place in that mall, sooner or later my “radar” would find him for me.

 

 

These past few weeks though… He seemed to be alone; only his siblings and cousins and sometimes his parents were with him.

No boyfriend.

Once, our eyes met and we kind of held our gazes for a few seconds before he looked away.

He seemed flustered, trying to look nonchalant about it, but I saw his cheeks reddened.

I was wondering... Did he overall a shy person or… was it me?

One could be feeling hopeful, right?

 

 

The next week, he entered the coffee shop I was in with his siblings and cousins.

I could tell that they were really close; more than his friends to him.

Of course, he didn’t notice me. He only looked straight. He rarely looked around him when he was with company.

I was trying so hard to not to listen to what they were saying, but the place was practically empty with only quiet, soothing jazz music on the background.

I overheard them talking about their daily life; their school, plans for future, etc.

I was about to plug my earphones in when they were starting to talk about their love life.

Or the lack of it.

The two of them just didn’t care.

One of them was happily in a relationship.

Another one was grudgingly in an unhealthy relationship.

HE was just broken up with his boyfriend.

I thought about this for a moment while keeping my head down, pretending to nurse my large cup of green tea frappuccino.

What? It was already 5 in the afternoon. It was never healthy to drink coffee after 4 PM.

So, he was not attached to anyone right now, huh?

Should I make a move to him?

But how? It wasn’t like I knew him beforehand.

I only knew that he liked those bubble drinks he always bought before he went back home.

 

 

Today I saw him looking longingly on a new book. It was one of those ‘Young Adults’ fiction novel.

Yeah, I knew it would be a bit overboard… but why not?

 

 

The day after, armed with some cash I just took from the ATM, I bought a set of the novel he was looking at yesterday.

I really hoped he didn’t already have them.

 

 

Two weeks later, I saw him again.

This ti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter