1

Me & You

It was a bright day in the early 1990's. Two young girls were just about to start school. They were complete strangers in the morning, but best friends by the time the day had ended.

Moon Hyuna was a cheerful five year old who was obsessed with cats. She had long, dark hair and a constant bright smile on her face as she showed off her tights with the cats printed on them.

Ryu Sera was a shy four year old who loved to sing. She had an adorable chubby face and a small smile as she watched the other girl with the cats on her tights show them to the rest of the class.

The teacher called them to sit on the carpet in front of the blackboard. She told them that today they were all going to play together and get to know each other so they'd all be good friends. Hyuna tried hard not to squeal with excitement. Sera just looked away shyly. She wasn't that good at socialising, since she'd been travelling from Korea to Canada for most of her short life and had only ever been with her family.

The class got up and all went off to play with things in the classroom. Sera stayed sat down for a minute, staring at the floor before she felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Hello! I'm Hyuna! Look at my tights!" It was the girl with the cats printed on her tights.

"They're pretty. I like them." Sera replied shyly, giving the girl a small smile.

"What's your name?" Hyuna asked. "We should play together and be friends!"

"I'm Sera." Said Sera, then she paused and nodded. "I'd like to be friends with you, Hyuna."

And that was the start of everything. The two played together all day and became best friends. And they stayed friends forever.

 

Several years passed and the girls finished lower school and moved onto high school. They stayed best friends and met some other girls and also became good friends with them. High school was fun. But it was also the time when Sera and Hyuna began to discover who they were as they went through puberty.

A sixteen year old Moon Hyuna was sat outside. It was a nice day and she'd decided to study outside, but all she had done was think. She felt like she was different to the other girls she knew. The girls in her classes always talked about boys and had crushes on them. Hyuna on the other hand had never even thought of boys. She just didn't see them to be appealing. She had an interest in girls, and she knew it was wrong. She'd tried so hard to change it, but now it was becoming hard to ignore. Last night, she'd been with Sera and Sera had started changing into some other clothes and all Hyuna did was stare and she swore Sera noticed. Hyuna was worried about what Sera would think. She didn't want to lose her best friend.

Meanwhile, a fifteen year old Ryu Sera was in English class. She was bored out of her mind because she spoke fluent English due to her constant trips to Canada in the summer break to visit her uncle and cousins. She had tried to focus on what the teacher was saying, but her thoughts lead her to last night. She invited Hyuna to her house which was nothing new, but she felt a different aura between her and the older girl. The way she'd seen Hyuna looking at her throughout the night was something she couldn't forget. There was something different between them. Truthfully, Sera had been having thoughts about girls lately. She'd never had any interest in boys and a lot of the girls in her classes were always going on about them and talking about dates. And then that's when Sera realised something: She liked Hyuna.

 

A few weeks later, there was a party at their friend Hyemin's house. Hyemin's parties were always fun. There was alcohol involved and loud music and everyone had fun. Sera and Hyuna arrived together. They were taken into the living room and greeted by their other friends, Hyunjoo, Hyemi and Minha. They ended up drinking a lot and started playing dares. The dares had started to get silly and people were missing various items of clothing and were covered in marker pens and whatnot. Then it was Hyuna's turn. The girls all gathered in and whispered. Sera suddenly gasped and hit Hyemin's arm, telling her off for something. Hyemin suddenly turned to Hyuna and yelled something that would change things forever.

"I dare you to kiss Sera on the lips!"

"I can't!" Hyuna squealed.

Sera wasn't speaking. The other girls started pushing them closer together until there was only inches between them.

"Do it for thirty seconds! Tongues and everything!" Hyemin giggled.

"Hyemin, no..." Sera whined.

"Do it!" The other girls began to chant.

Hyuna sighed. "It's just a kiss. It doesn't mean anything." She then gave Sera a reassuring smile before leaning in and pressing her lips against the younger girl's.

The other girls screamed and watched. Hyemin squealed something about including "Tongues and everything" again, so Hyuna and Sera did what she requested, and soon they were full on making out with each other on the floor of Hyemin's living room in front of the other girls. Way longer than 30 seconds passed. In fact, it was three minutes later when Sera and Hyuna finally pulled away from each other.

"That was the most intense thing I've ever seen in my entire life!" Hyemin said with a grin. "Anyway, next person!"

 They continued their game of dares until Hyunjoo and Minha complained they were tired, so they all got their blankets and curled up on either the couches or the floor. Unfortunately, Hyemin and Hyunjoo had got one of the couches and Hyemi and Minha had got the other one, leaving Sera and Hyuna on the floor.

They all said goodnight and the lights were switched off by Sera, and soon there were the quiet snores of five girls. However, neither Sera or Hyuna were asleep. Sera let out a soft sigh and rolled over to meet a pair of eyes staring straight at her. It was Hyuna.

"Why aren't you asleep?" Sera whispered.

"I don't know. I could ask you the same question." Hyuna said with a quiet sigh.

Sera looked around, then looked at Hyuna again.

"They're all asleep, so can I talk to you about something?" Sera asked.

Hyuna nodded. "Go on."

"I'm really confused with my feelings right now." Sera said, then she stopped, struggling to find the words to say, then she continued. "I can't even explain it, so can I just say it? You won't judge me, will you?"

"Of course I won't judge you. Just tell me, silly." Hyuna said with that same reassuring smile from before.

"Hyuna... I think... I think I like girls." Sera said.

Hyuna didn't know what to say. She just stared at Sera. She never expected this. But part of her felt happy. Because she knew that if Sera liked girls, then it was okay for her to like girls too.

"Hyuna?" Sera was suddenly closer. "You're not mad, are you?"

"Me? Why would I be mad? You know we're friends no matter what." Hyuna said with a smile. "But you're not alone with this, Sera. Because..." Hyuna looked down, before her eyes met Sera's again and she spoke. "I like girls too."

"Really? How long have you known?" Sera asked, suddenly looking relieved.

"Well, I've always had a suspicion that I was different. I only realised it a few weeks ago when I had some time alone to think." Hyuna said. "Something happened, and... I guess that's how I realised. How long have you known for?"

"It came to me in English class a while ago. I was thinking about something and then it all came together and then I realised that all along I've liked girls." Sera suddenly leant forwards and gave Hyuna a tight hug. "I'm so glad I'm not alone."

And you'd expect them to tell each other how they felt. But that didn't happen. Instead they just talked for a while and went to sleep. When they left Hyemin's house the next morning, they both knew there was definitely something different between them that they felt, but both of them were too awkward to talk about it.

 

An eighteen year old Moon Hyuna was lying in her dorm room. It was the start of university for her. She didn't know who her roommate was, but she hoped it would be Sera since they were studying similar things. Hyuna actually ended up falling asleep during the wait and only woke up when she felt someone sat on top of her.

Hyuna opened her eyes and looked up and smiled when she realised who it was. It was Sera.

"Hi, roommate." Sera said, giggling.

They grew closer in this time since they lived in the same room together. Their feelings from high school hadn't changed, in fact, they'd grown. The two girls studied hard at university and many months passed. There was one week that the two will never forget. It was February and both of them were staying up all night, both claiming to be working on a project when they were actually both working on how they would confess to the other. And they both decided to do it on the same day. February 14th. Valentine's Day. They both tried to act like nothing was going on, but in the evening they decided to do their confessions.

"Hyuna, can I talk to you about something?" Sera asked.

"Well, actually I was hoping to talk to you about something, but you can go first." Hyuna said as they both sat on Sera's bed, both staring at the pictures of cats on the wall next to Hyuna's bed.

"I should be truthful with you, Hyuna. I haven't been doing any work for university for the past few nights." Sera said, then she reached under her bed and took out a card and a CD. "I... I made these for you... Because... Uhm..." Sera stopped awkwardly, then she looked up and saw the big grin on Hyuna's face.

"Is this a confession?" Hyuna asked as she looked at the card which had pretty much an essay written inside.

Sera nodded shyly, her cheeks turning red. "And.. The CD has all your favourite songs.. Because you said you wanted one with your favourite songs for when you drive."

"Hm... Well, I guess I should give you the thing I've been working on too." Hyuna got up and walked over to her bed, also pulling out a card and a CD out from under her pillow. "I made these for you." She said with a grin.

Sera took the card and CD. Hyuna had also written enough for it to be a small essay. Despite them both pretty much getting the same things for each other, the question at the bottom of the cards were also both the same.

Will you be my girlfriend?

 

Many years had passed since that day. They eventually told their friends, who all squealed and said that they saw it coming, and some of their friends even shocked them by telling them that they were also dating too. It turned out that Hyemin and Hyunjoo had been together for a few years and so had Hyemi and Minha. They both left university with good grades and got a house together. Hyuna became a model and Sera became a photographer but both did singing in their spare time for extra money. It was when they were both in their early twenties that they sat down and had a talk that would change their lives forever.

"I want a daughter." Hyuna said.

"You do?" Sera asked, looking overjoyed. "Because I do too."

They hugged a lot and started to plan things out in their house before going through the long procedure to get one of them pregnant. Eventually, Sera was the one who ended up pregnant. Those nine months passed quickly and all of their friends helped out to make a bedroom for their child, who ended up being a girl, fulfilling their dream of having a daughter. They called her Keumjo. Keumjo grew up quickly, it felt like the years went too quickly and soon it was time for Keumjo to go to school. Sera cried when she had to leave Keumjo in the classroom and Hyuna had to quickly take Sera away so she wouldn't scare the children. Eventually, Sera calmed down and they watched as Keumjo approached another girl and introduced herself with a loud voice.

"Hello, I'm Keumjo and I think you look very pretty!"

The other girl turned round and giggled, replying with a big grin. "Thank you Keumjo, you look pretty too! I'm Sojin!"

Sera almost burst into tears again.

Soon, Sojin was a regular guest at their house and she became best friends with Keumjo.

Keumjo and Sojin grew up together and Sera often got emotional because of how close the two were since it was just like watching younger versions of herself and Hyuna. So, you could imagine Sera's reaction when Keumjo brought Sojin home one day and told the two that they were dating.

 

The End.

 

happy 100th fic :)