First Day

Misadventure, Unfortunate Events (that definetely not love at first sight)
First Day
of her worst nightmare

Jung Soojung wants to die. Badly. The cramp on her back and her inconvenient stomach really can’t match the spirit she should have as today is the first day of her as new employee in HIGH Advertising. She and the other girl and two boys are gonna be officially in the orientation time since today.

She should be happy—excited. But thanks a lot to her period that comes at the same time as her big day, her mood already worsened to the maximum level. She doesn’t think she can survive this.

“Jung Soojung.” The trainer who is responsible for the new members—Goo Hara, a petite fine lady with gracefulness in her personality is like a quiet lioness—calls her name to begin the introduction.

“Krystal-ssi?”

One interrupting voice and every pair of the eyes in the room focus more on her as few gasps can be heard here and there. Those are just perfect to add into the list of things that irritates Soojung more in her very unlucky day. Angrily, she throws her glare toward the source of her madness and Kim Jongdae with grey map on his hand staring back at her, utterly surprised.

“So, the famous Jessica’s little sister is here instead of applying your resume to her famous sister’s agency?” Hara breaks the quiet murmurs. She looks quite proud (or sarcastic? Soojung isn’t sure). “What a lovely chance.” Definitely sarcasm.

Soojung wants to roll her eyes. But she wants this job too. Or just wanna die—she can’t really choose.

“You are the sister of that Jessica Jung?” The other rookie girl beside her whispers excitedly with eyes opened wide and shined brightly.

“Why did you apply here?” Hara speaks up again. “Was it because you couldn’t beat your sister as successful model? You debuted once with pictorial together but your sister was the one who became uprising model and got many offers. Is this your revenge?”

Soojung shuts her eyes for a while, letting the harsh words slip into her mind and make a big hole there, and when she opens them again, Jongdae looks at her sympathetically (!). There’s invisible smoke above her head as she never hates someone this much.

Screw you Kim Jongdae!

“My name is Jung Soojung and I took communication as my major. Please take good care of me.” Soojung finally can breathe evenly through her calm introduction (which is surely hard thing to do because Soojung and PMS and restraining truly do not match). “Oh, and once more, please just call me Soojung. Thank you.”

They fall into silence as the other three new worker look at her in awe. She is tempted to do such a hair flip as a free fan-service but the look Hara gives her is unfriendly one, plus her stomach is like screaming at even for a slightest motion. She awkwardly grins—and immediately glares at one guy when her eyes find Kim Jongdae’s stare.

“And next,” Hara speaks up again.

After ten minutes of brief introduction, they officially start a busy day as HIGH’s new workers. Together with Heo Youngji (or known as Soojung’s older sister’s fan), Gong Chansik and Park Jinyoung, Soojung gets middle-sized room with four desks and computers, and that’s really it. She just wants to rearrange her desk when the door is open and Jongdae’s head pops out.

“Krystal-ssi,”

Soojung swears this guy is purposefully signing a contract about ruining Jung Soojung’s first day of work. She really hates that name.

“Can I talk to you for a second?”

Jinyoung lets out a low whistle. “Looks like someone meet her first love here.” He and Chansik dare to chuckle under Soojung’s death glare while Youngji tries her best to hide her smile. Soojung wonders why’s on earth they act out like some kind of old pals that meet after years and years separated.

“So, uhm, Krys-“

“You know that no one call me Krystal except you, right, uh, J-Jongdae-ssi?”

Soojung boldly cuts him off, even when she has no idea what Jongdae wants to talk about. She even feels awkward about how to address him; Kim Jongdae, Jongdae-ssi, or sunbae since he’s her senior in college.

“Aah yes,” Jongdae scratches the back of his head awkwardly. “Sorry about that, it’s just… old habit I think.”

Crap! Soojung curses inwardly. Did he just say about old habit?! No, no, no, it’s her first time working in such a company she’s been dreamed of, and she obviously doesn’t intend to make sweet moment about college reunion. Never!

“Whatever.” Soojung mutters in response, avoiding eye contact. “Please just call me Soojung.”

“Right, Soojung-ssi,” There’s this tone that makes Soojung lift her head and damn! Why is he grinning like that? As far as she can remember, they mostly didn’t have good memories in the past. “I’m sorry, you seemed upset last time I interrupted your introduction, I didn’t mean it, really.”

Really? She wants to throw a sarcastic remark as comeback with rounded eyes to judge him but fortunately she still remembers her current status.

“Oh? It’s o-“

It’s not okay! Suddenly her stomach makes some twist and turn that only Soojung can feel inside and she can’t help to mask her facial expression in pain. She touches her stomach as biting her lower lip, somehow wishes the pain would go away quickly.

“What happened? Are you okay?” Jongdae’s face contorted in concern and panic.

“No, I’m o-“

I’m not okay! Ugh!

“Soojung-ssi, are you sick? Should I-“

“I, I’m sorry, Jongdae-ssi. Wo-would you excuse myself? And-and please, if you could help me, please ask Youngji to come to the bathroom.”

! Definitely the worst first day ever! Soojung dashes toward the bathroom without taking a second glance at her sunbae who still standing dumbfounded near the stairs.

She just hopes this is the worst that could happen to her today.

 

Little did she know…

 

 

hola, yesterday was such a precious day, wasn't it? krystal was confirmed dating! aah, i remember i was once their shipper too but then i just found 'when i was.. when u were..' and my heart suddenly decided to ship chen with krystal from that moment :') this is why fanfiction exists, isn't it? haha