Third

Lovelight

Jeonghan came home to an empty house. She drops her backpack carelessly to the couch at the living room and bee lines to the kitchen, wanting to drink something.

Seokmin has a game with his classmates right after school, pick him up when you are back okay, I have to meet a friend in the afternoon -mom

Oh and I met a handsome med school student that I think live nearby today, you should play around outside sometimes - mom

The high school student shakes her head at the two yellow sticky notes on the refrigerator. She bends down a bit to see the last one, smiling while reading the message written in messy scrawls courtesy of her baby brother.

Watch me play Jeonghannie!

The high school student picks a cold water bottle and walks back to her room to change. She takes a sip before laid it down on the table and walks in to the closet. Jeonghan puts on a mid-calf black jeans and yellow t-shirt before walks out the room. She spares a glance to the backpack and the messy stack of books at the table before ignoring it in favor to slipping in into her favorite pair of sneakers.

Jeonghan, hair up in a bun with a water bottle in one hand, locks the door and leisurely walks to the park to pick Seokmin up. The walk itself is uneventful, boring even without her little brother chatter as the usual company. The kids are hovering over something when the girl arrives. She walks closer and tries to look when a hand caught hers, “You are here.”

Seungcheol looks calm but his voice isn’t, “What’s wrong?”

“It’s your brother.”

Jeonghan rushes to the middle of the scene and finds her brother clutching his folded leg in the middle of the goal post; a cut bleeds red from his right shin. Soonyoung is kneeling beside the boy, looking so worried and awkwardly comforting the other by patting Seokmin’s arm. A young man with unruly brown hair and pretty cat lips is talking softly to them.

“Is someone supposed to pick you up Seokmin?”

“Yeah coach, Jeonghannie!” The goalie tries to straighten his leg before hisses in pain and stops, “But we have a game here! I am okay!”

The round faced kid exclaims louder, “But you are hurt!”

“But-“

“No, Soonyoung is right, you are hurt,” The handsome coach picks the other up but Seokmin unconsciously claws his shoulder in pain, his lips curling even more in discomfort, “We should get you on the bench and wait for your sister.”

The other kids are murmuring in agreement as Jeonghan walks in through the crowd and closer, Seungcheol still in tow, before crouching down and coaxing the injured one, “Hey baby boy.”

The black haired kid toughness breaks and he starts to tear up the moment he sees his sister, “Jeonghannie!”

“I saw he hit that pole pretty hard,” Seungcheol squats down beside the high school girl before asking the black haired kid, “From the scale of one to ten, how much do you rate your pain?”

Seokmin bits his lips before whining, “Ten!”

Jeonghan giggles breathlessly, if her brother can complain vigorously then the wound is not as bad as it looks. She inspects the cut, not that big or deep but definitely looking bad with all the dirt that sticks around, “Should we go home? Can you walk?”

The black haired kid looks pleadingly at the coach, still with tears streaming down his face, “You have first aid kit right; can I stay?”

Jongdae holds his smile watching Jeonghan subtly signaling refusal behind the injured kid, “I forgot to bring it today sadly,” Seungcheol tries to pick up Seokmin but he won’t budge, he tries to talk again, “You should really go home kid.”

Seokmin whines unhappily before Soonyoung chirps in, “I’d go home with you,” he gestures to the brunette foreign kid beside him, “I am sure everyone can win the game for us.”

Hansol nods and Seungkwan next to him answers sincerely, “Trust us.”

Seungcheol smiles at the exchange before turning around, “Come on,” The smile widens to a grin when he sees the worried sister shocked face because of the gesture, “I’ll carry you home.”

-----

Seokmin and Soonyoung are sitting on the carpet, table moved aside in favor of the laid out big puzzle in between the boys. The younger one has his legs stretched out, white bandage wrapped neatly on his right leg. The other one is rotating a piece of puzzle before excitedly putting them on the board.

Jeonghan is half hugging three cartons of orange juice and holding a package in the other hand and walking to the rarely quiet kids, she smiles warmly before handing them a carton each. She keeps going and handing the last one to the man occupying the couch.

“Thank you,” Jeonghan shyly smiles, “For helping my baby brother.”

The black haired man looks up from the thick book on his lap to the brunette that just sits down beside him, he smiles warmly, “Don’t mention it.”

“I was so afraid something happened to him,” Jeonghan picks on the plastic cover of the red headband in her hand moodily, “I wouldn’t know what to do.”

“It’s just a small cut,” Seungcheol scrunched up his forehead when he sees the corner of the page is folded, The Body Fluids and Kidneys, before continues, “You are a really good sister, you can take care of it.”

Jeonghan blushes at the compliment, “I certainly hope so.”

The older one hums lowly as he turns the page before speaks again, “This is a pretty heavy reading for a high school girl like you.”

“Ah,” The girl smile sheepishly at the book her guest picked from the mess on the table, the messiest one with all that sticky notes and highlight marks, “I am preparing for the college entrance exam.”

“It’s finished!”

Seokmin cheers louder, “Yay!”

“The tree is pretty big,” Soonyoung tilts the puzzle carefully to see it better, “Isn’t that a tree song you told me about a week ago?”

The younger kid scrunches up his forehead before exclaiming, “Oh yeah, we should sing that to celebrate!”

Soonyoung pouts, “We need a girl name, so we can’t use ours.”

“I know,” Seokmin looks at his sister who is watching them then to the totally uninterested hyung beside her, before grinning, “Jeonghannie~”

“And Seungcheol hyung, sitting in a tree~” The slightly chubbier sings in an adorable broken English as he high fives his friend and continues, “k-i-s-s-i-n-g~”

Jeonghan gapes in disbelief as the kids continue sing happily. She subtly looks at her companion and finds his expression stays flat. Seungcheol closes the book when they are done, he stands up and poking his excited cousin, “We should go home.”

“Don’t wanna!”Soonyoung clutches the other kid’s hand protectively, “He’s still in pain, I need to distract him!”

Seungcheol sighs and squats down, he looks seriously at Seokmin, “You know what to do.”

“No water and I should change the bandage every after bath,” The youngest nods determinedly, “It doesn’t hurt as much anymore.”

“And no too many movements for at least three days,” The medical student pats his cousin’s mop, “See Soonyoung, he feels better, Jeonghannie can take care of him.”

Jeonghan bites her lips at Seungcheol’s choice of nickname. Soonyoung is suddenly gives her a sad pleading look, She looks apologetically at him, “It’s late already, your mom would be worried.”

He turns to Seokmin now, “You sure you are okay?”

“Uh huh,” Seokmin beams brightly, trying to convince his worried friend, “I want you to stay and play but I also don’t want auntie to get worried.”

“Okay then,” Soonyoung stands up and begin pulling on Seungcheol’s hand, “I will see you again tomorrow.”

Seungcheol takes the forgotten juice box from the couch before he winks at the Jeonghan, “I am taking this.”

The girl follows the two to the door, hand still clutching the red headband in a now messed up cover. Jeonghan leans on the wall while watching Seungcheol carefully ties up Soonyoung’s shoelaces and sends the kid out first, the adorable boy waves at her before running off. He does his messily before standing up and facing her properly, Seungcheol smiles, cute dimples on display, “Take care.”

“I want Soonyoung to have something,” Jeonghan shyly hands the headband before swiftly take it back “Sorry,” she tries to fix the open seal, “I thought of him when I see this the other da-“

“Hey it’s okay,” Seungcheol gently stops Jeonghan panicked gesture, his hands holds her wrist before she immediately pull them, leaving the headband in his hand. The college student grins, “I am sure he will love it.”

“Yes,” Jeonghan flushes red again and she looks down in a failed attempt to hide it, “Thank you.”

“I should be the one saying that,” The black haired man chuckles at her cute reaction before walking out, “Bye bye Jeonghannie.”

-----

Jeonghan is tiptoeing in front up the open cupboard, trying to put the first aid kit box back to its original place. She notices a yellow sticky note is stuck in the inside of the cover lid. She puts it back down on the kitchen table and opens the box, seeing her own handwriting with neat pencil scribble and an unfamiliar phone number underneath.

RAS system?

I can tell you all I know about this topic, call me? :)

 

-----

 

how long has it been since i updated this ahh i got distracted with no fun

every feedbacks is loved so don't be shy to leave some, thanks for reading! :D