Drowsy

Drowsy

Changmin likes teasing Jaejoong, really.

Although he often enough earns a glare from the cheerleader, and sometimes also a punch to his arm, Changmin is willing to live with the consequences if he can continue watching Jaejoong blush at his words.

His smile widens the moment he spots Jaejoong, sporting his cheerleader uniform like usual, leaning against the lockers with his fellow cheerleader Kwon Yuri in front of him.

„Hey doll-face.“

Yuri rolls her eyes at the nickname, but Changmin easily ignores her for the sake of staring at Jaejoong instead. But when Jaejoong turns around, looking all exhausted and paler than usual, Changmin's smile disappears within a second.

„Not today, Changmin.“

„What happened?“ There is no mirth or any sign of mocked concern in Changmin's eyes as he speaks, only genuine worry.

„He worked on the research paper for English all night long and did not get the least bit of sleep.“ Yuri explains despite Jaejoong's shushing gesture.“I wanted him to go home and rest, but he's refusing to miss biology because we're having an exam tomorrow.“

Changmin does not say anything at first, only nodding in recognition to Yuri's words before he eyes Jaejoong more carefully. Jaejoong has always been pale compared to Changmin himself or compared to most students at their school in general, but the level of paleness he is sporting now has Changmin's chest tighten in fear.

He approaches Jaejoong slowly and Yuri, albeit keeping her eyes on him as if ready to kick him if he shall say anything stupid to her friend, trusts him enough to actually step back and give away her spot in front of Jaejoong to him.

Jaejoong looks at him through half-closed eyes, apparently waiting for him to like usual.

But this is not the time for that.

So Changmin leans against the lockers as well with his left side, now facing Jaejoong before he lifts his right hand to carress Jaejoong's cheek with his thumb."Babe?"

Jaejoong closes his eyes, humming in response.

Yuri does not know whether Jaejoong just chose to ignore the nickname Changmin called him with just now or whether he is simply too tired to notice, but either way, he does not seem to mind beind called that way and that makes her raise her eyebrows in wonder.

"When's biology starting?"

Jaejoong frowns, opening his eyes a little."I...I don't know."

Changmin now sports a frown of his own."If you can't answer simple things like these, then you are sure as hell not in the condition to attend classes. You're coming over to my place and will get some sleep."

Sighing, Changmin looks at Yuri, ignoring Jaejoong's soft whines and protests to his words."Kwon, you know where I live, right?"

Yuri nods.

"Could you take notes in biology and bring them to me later?"

"Why-Oh." Yuri's eyes light up in realization, not knowing what to think of the implication that Jaejoong would still be at Changmin's place by the time school ends."For Jaejoong."

Changmin nods and slowly fixes his posture to stand straight, soon taking a hold of Jaejoong's hand to pull him along as he makes his way towards the school entrance. He is quick enough to catch Jaejoong's bag when the other's hold on it loosens slightly.

The cheerleader looks shocked, terrified even, when he realizes that his bag almost dropped to the ground a second ago and Changmin is pretty sure that the small incident also made Jaejoong see just how tired he really is, causing him to follow Changmin without any protest.

There are several pairs of eyes on them as they exit the school building and Changmin knows it's partly curiosity over why he is pretty much holding hands with Jaejoong and partly worry over the exhausted cheerleader's condition which brings in the attention. But he has no time to care for the others right now.

"Once you got some sleep and can speak coherent sentences again, I'll ask you why the Kwon thinks you were working on your research paper when I know for a fact that you finished it two weeks ago already." Changmin mutters, helping Jaejoong to climb onto the passenger seat of his car after unlocking it."You even gave it to Yoochun in the library to ask for his opinion on it."

And even without Jaejoong saying anything, Changmin believes himself to know the answer already.

Jaejoong has a way with words and is one of the best when it comes to writing them down, something everyone who ever had the chance of reading one of his essays or get a glimpse of his grades for those essays, knows all to well. And many ask him for help, even taking advantage of his inability to reject them.

Changmin is sure that Jaejoong had been working on someone else's stuff yesterday night and once Changmin finds out who it is, he is going to take the damn research paper Jaejoong wrote for that person and punch it down that jerk's throat.

Once he is seated in the driver's seat, he makes sure to help Jaejoong fastening his seatbelt, unable to lean back right away after. He sighs, looking at the now sleeping cheerleader with a look of utter concern before he presses a soft kiss against the other's forehead.

"Fool."